Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you order it in the store or online? Did the Winter Park store have it on display?
In store. Not on display.
C55C9EB1-FDF2-4898-B330-E31695892168.jpeg

Curious what people have been quoted for Insurance rates for their new Tesla S

My insurance company is charging $2300 every 6 months …..
That’s pretty high. Progressive and Farmers will probably be quite a bit less than Allstate and Statefarm which don’t seem to be very Tesla friendly with their pricing.
Edit: I was paying $2500yr for my P100D. $500 deductible

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That’s pretty high. Progressive and Farmers will probably be quite a bit less than Allstate and Statefarm which don’t seem to be very Tesla friendly with their pricing.
Edit: I was paying $2500yr for my P100D. $500 deductible
StateFarm charges me $513 for my P3 and quoted $700 for Plaid. Granted I have multi car, home, and umbrella but seems pretty Tesla friendly to me.

BlikBlik, what are you finding bassackwards? Personally, I am shocked that I have received NOOOOOOO information or updates from the Dallas Tesla dealer that I ordered from. Absolutely zero communication from them. Even calling today, no answer, and the call "passed through" to a Tesla Call Center. That's just shocking for a place/salespersons that expect a commission from a $100k car!!
Sorry for the delay. Been on the river fishing aka not checking for updates. In regards to bassackwardness. Texas is another level. We have to pay in full prior to the vehicle even shipping (my prior and expected experience). When I see an EDD of July 22, with no VIN, I believe there is little to no chance. I’ve seen a few post “great news, car will be delivered in 3 days”. This again I believe does not happen in Texas unless everything is done and dusted.

[cross-post from LR tracking thread]

Things are moving quickly.
1626036751964.png

This was accompanied by a text saying: Good afternoon from Tesla Palm Springs. You have been assigned a tentative delivery date (which will automatically fluctuate.) A member of our Palm Springs Delivery Team will call you to speak with you directly once your VIN has arrived in Palm Springs in order to confirm that the VIN has arrived and passed our New Vehicle Inspection. Please disregard any automated calls requesting a delivery confirmation. The Palm Springs Delivery Team member will also schedule and confirm an official pickup date and time for your delivery during this call.

plaid Red/black/cf/21/fsd in hand

first impressions as a multi Tesla owner for yrs:
- insane fast - there should be a sep license required for something like this honestly. Bad decisions can end up real bad real fast
- on that note - brakes are horrendous when slowing from a pull. Easily would have paid more for performance brakes
- interior fit and finish is much nicer. Attn to detail way better
- car feels tighter and noticeably smoother than previous gens
- yoke is awesome, like a video game, took 10min to get used to

there were 5 plaids there - mine, 1 white/black/wood, 1 black/black/cf and 2 msm/black/wood. Many many LR’s of all configs. Still looks to be msm/black/blue/white/red in that order in terms of what’s being delivered.

going to go for a drive again soon and enjoy. Car was delivered at 88%, will hit an SC and see what 100%SOC feels like!

If the above sounds like what you’re looking for out of this car you won’t be disappointed folks!

$960 per year for the LR from StateFarm.
I think usaa quoted me like 1080 in Cali (per year) - but I can’t really look at specifics - the quote has expired since it was from so long ago. You know, from back in The halcyon days when I thought “8-12 weeks for delivery” meant 8-12 weeks from when I ordered it, not 8-12 weeks from an as yet to be determined arbitrary date 😐