Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rory breaker, were your delivery estimates accurate just before you took delivery?
Not really.
have had a vin for 2 weeks or so.
during that time, a 4 day window a couple days out would shift one more day out every day or so for 2 weeks.
Yesterdays window was jul 11-14 as I recall, that’s when I got the text and called back, with them saying ready as soon as tomorrow (ie today)

Anyone with 19inch wheels see anything other than blank on the account ? For me it is still blank :(
Still blank. White interior and 19" curse is very real. Expect September or October for actual deliveries. Just because they started production doesn't mean we're gonna see them right away. Giving Tesla benefit of the doubt is like shooting yourself in the foot

It never ceases to astound me just how much has changed with the internet.

People that grew up with it or work in the industry know this intuitively but things have changed. Duh, I know.

In the ole days you had a chance to see the scammer and intuitively recoil from the interaction. Ananimity provides a shield which (1) increases and emboldens bad actors and (2) removes one of your primary defenses from being scammed, taken or otherwise screwed over. If you are of a certain age (I am) you have to learn this as opposed to knowing it.

Please do not ever underestimate the scumbagery that is the underbelly of human nature. These people are far more imaginative than you when it comes to what they can and will do with any shred of information once you pop up on their radar.

The scam back in 2016 was that people who posted their whole VINs had scammers use them for the 7500 refundable tax credit. They'd file a return before you could and claim the refund and have it wired to their account.

I'd post all but the last 3.

While there may not be much a bad actor could do with just a VIN, identity theft in general gets easier the more individual pieces of information they can get on you. There's not much to gain and potentially much to lose by posting personal info like that. You don't want to be the one asking, at some point in the future, "What made me think it was OK to post that information in a public forum?"
I would agree with everyone, if we were talking about your SSN, date of birth, mother's maiden name, name of your first pet, but we're talking about publicly accessible/viewable information that a 100 people can look at while you're shopping at walmart. I guess we'll leave it at everyone has their own opinions.

Btw, I'm also the guy who will never put a sticker on his webcam because that's also outright ridiculous lol

I would agree with everyone, if we were talking about your SSN, date of birth, mother's maiden name, name of your first pet, but we're talking about publicly accessible/viewable information that a 100 people can look at while you're shopping at walmart. I guess we'll leave it at everyone has their own opinions.

Btw, I'm also the guy who will never put a sticker on his webcam because that's also outright ridiculous lol
Ok, feel free to share your VIN and license plate here to demonstrate

I'm really jealous of all the low insurance rates you guys are quoting. I have 4 cars on the policy and two 18 year old drivers. I just got quotes from Progressive and Geico and the lowest annual premium I have found is $13,000

This USAA membership seems like the best deal I have ever heard of. I'm getting my father-in-law to sign up for membership so I can see what USAA will save us.
USAA, if you can get it, always seems like the best bet.

As for that insane price, its time to spin off the 18 year olds into their own policy and no family car privleges. Especially on a performance car, that is murder on your rates. Its like the internet stories of "kids" trying to buy a used Corvette and getting insurance rates that are multiples of what the car cost...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Still blank. White interior and 19" curse is very real. Expect September or October for actual deliveries. Just because they started production doesn't mean we're gonna see them right away. Giving Tesla benefit of the doubt is like shooting yourself in the foot

I thought it felt more like shutting my head in a door...

Being on here with all the newer orders going through all the stages of grief that some of us went through over the last 6 months sometimes makes me feel like I do when I see parents with normal (out-of-control) kids at the park and they look at each other wondering what to do. I think "been - there done that" and laugh...

Calling out someone here. Sorry, but I awoke this Sunday morning to ~ 10 TMC notifications and all were from @yamanote with thumbs-down - disagree on my last 10 posts (including the one above...huh? 🤔 ) no matter the subject or content of my posts. See above post that he/she disagreed with just as an example. I mean no harm, no hurt feelings, lol since it's just an Internet car forum; they're just posts and your so-called disagreements with but seriously, just a d*k move on your part. So, I've now added a 3rd to my IGNORE list. Cheer up @yamanote and be well...seems like you have some personal issues to deal with. TMC really isn't the right place for that nonsense. I truly wish you well.

And it is only you that he (@yamanote) has down voted in 5 years. Maybe he has met you in person? 🤣

Yep, confirms what my contact at Tesla said regarding CF trim no longer being an issue.
I noticed a LR reservation holder with 19” wheels got a VIN in the other thread, will see if I can link to it.
So I was incorrect about a LR with 19s getting a VIN, it only got an estimated month of delivery of July (which we know by now means jack…)