Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the garage to say goodnight to my one week old and found my baby had a fever! 🤒 “Charging speed reduced - High temperature detected Mobile Connector” error.
View attachment 6836724 Blinking red lights with a green stream at the wall connector - suggests it’s a problem at the wall from a user manual I found online but I also read posts that his happened last year from a firmware bug. I’m running a NEMA 10-30 off 30Amps (planning to install wall charger on own circuit soon) and have had no problems until now. Anyone else after new update dealing with hot stuff? Is it safe to use?
I’d check your breaker box and see if it’s getting hot too. I had to dial back my charging speed to prevent things from overheating and tripping.

Knowing Tesla it's probably the same. They have a history of sticking it to the customers who pay more for their products. I mean look at Model Y now. It ships with heated steering wheel, double paned glass and now HEPA filter system (Biodefense) as standard. What's next? Air suspension lol
This makes me almost certain that LR also has carbon sleeved rotors just like the Plaid. It's just easier for them production wise but it sure does feel unfair to people who pay significantly more to get a product that almost has the same features in their cheaper products. It's normal for Tesla to operate like this.
To be fair, Porsche will gladly charge you $7k for a carbon fiber cupholder.

(mostly hyperbolic, my joke, but I do believe Tesla's cars generally punch above their weight class in performance and reliability, and consider them a good deal, even when they are a bad deal relative to other Teslas)

My May LR order continues to show September after showing September and then being blank for a while. I continue to run the configurator and it clearly says on Plaid that 19" wheel deliveries begin in August - So I wouldn't expect anything in July. August is around the corner anyway. I think there's a SMALL chance I'll get a VIN in late August - probably right during a vacation.
From what I have divined it takes about 4 to 5 days to build a car (which blows me away, I figure a major chunk of that time is paint drying) - and I'm absolutely guessing that there are some 450 or so cars in that holding lot built for 19" wheels - maybe rotors, or something else beyond a mere wheel swap to/from 21" - so I'm GUESSING that once the 19" wheels come in from boat, that after unloading, they can be put on the cars in the lot, then it's logistics to get those cars (if it is those cars) to the trucks and trains.
I don't know IF they ARE cranking out S's at the 4-5 day "max speed" - they can be cranking out 3's, Y's, or stuck on cars because they're missing parts or chips - I have no idea.
On vacation i tried the configuration with different countries, and some of them are late or Q4 2022 - so there's demand
the the question is supply and speed of production.
i'd wager they're going as fast as they can - i just don't know if the limitation is supply or at max production capacity.
Yeah, it pains me to say this but I am not hopeful I will be able to get my car in August or September. It might be October at the very earliest. And to top it off I am about to sell my only car, model s 2020 in the next two weeks. I keep delaying it so I can have more time with my car and less time without a Tesla but this is getting almost unbearable at this point. Not looking forward to another credit check on my credit report since my loan application expires in August :(

Some exciting reading material for the beach.

no date.

Attachments

• 021022E1-A84C-42A7-8B7D-08039DB3FEB1.jpeg
    021022E1-A84C-42A7-8B7D-08039DB3FEB1.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 59
Highly suggest you check the wiring of the plug.....might be loose wire arcing
Agreed, this error typically comes from the car seeing voltage fluctuations. Have whomever installed the plug to come check-it out. Connections loosen over time on high voltage circuits, especially if they were not torqued down properly the first time.

Agreed, this error typically comes from the car seeing voltage fluctuations. Have whomever installed the plug to come check-it out. Connections loosen over time on high voltage circuits, especially if they were not torqued down properly the first time.
My original 220v outlet became worn and loose and the plastic melted (arced) due to repeated plugging/unplugging the charge cord into it (ask me how i know this). My solution was hardwired Tesla wall charger since it was cheaper than rebuilding my burned down garage.

My original 220v outlet became worn and loose and the plastic melted (arced) due to repeated plugging/unplugging the charge cord into it (ask me how i know this). My solution was hardwired Tesla wall charger since it was cheaper than rebuilding my burned down garage.
Strong agree on being careful with these high amperage circuits and plug/unplugging often. The non-obvious thing about electricity is that fires happen largely at connection points simply due to resistance that can develop for a number of reasons. just having a lot of dirt on one of the blades on a plug can limit the electrical surface area and generate a LOT of heat, which can lead to our favorite scary term: thermal runaway.

I like that tesla limits the mobile connector to 32 amps nowadays, because it gives a much better safety margin when the user may be removing the plug with some regularity.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Did they actually implement this? I know people were yelling for it over on Reddit.
Apparently because it does it, but no way to disable that I can find. As mentioned earlier my computer and software are completely jacked up. Could that be what's causing it? And with no service available until next Wednesday when they will be:
  • Replace drivers side exterior handle
  • Replace rear center console (won't latch)
  • I assume flash the MMC SD card that is corrupt and causing no internet for the car. Read: no streaming, no navigation, no connecting to car from app.
  • And maybe if I'm lucky get my garage doors to connect (no issue doing this with my 2018 MS).
Fun times.

I have been checking existing Tesla inventory every day. AFAIK, there are no new models to be had. I may order additional models to see which I can get first. Do you think that it be dumb to order a MYLR too? It’s got plenty of useful space. My EDD is still October.

I’m planning on keeping my Subaru Ascent until the/a Tesla arrives. I actually like it except for the tailpipe emissions—and I’m not driving to work often.

I guess I need to find a hobby until a car arrives.