Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good for you on getting the date but my post was a (bad) pun on the word ED...
Well since tesla doesn't care about things such as “priority” or “order date” I won't be surprised if people who ordered cars right after reveling refreshed cars will get cars later than people who ordered in May or so, like “they have been waiting already for 7 months, will wait for another 7 months”.

This is a random thing and I understand all that stuff I got from them can be BS, but as I have said before, I want to stay positive cause getting angry at ETA from the company as a Tesla should not affect me at all.

I will get it anyway, next week or next month doesn't matter for me :)

Don't need to be sarcastic :) When I made an order and got a call a day later from tesla they said I will get a car “in a few weeks”.

Then I called them myself and they said: “it takes now up to 6 weeks to get a car”.

Last week I went to my DC and a guy took a look at my account and was confused by something he saw there. 3 minutes prior that he said I will get a car in August, but after taking a look at my account said: “expect the last week of July to get the car”.

3 different people have provided +/- the same ETA plus account shows July from day 1 for almost 3 weeks already.

What you will say now?)
Shocking! Now I think we understand. This is a very unique experience.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (This is the disclaimer of me being a little bit sarcastic. This is a way of dealing with the situation we're in). This is the same story everyone has had for months and months... (or longer). None of us mean any offense by it.

you're ahead of me. i bought my charger the day or so after i placed my order - the box is really nice! meanwhile, I read somewhere (maybe differing locations have differing codes) but I don't see a high voltage shut off by your charger (like my air conditioner compressors have) - not sure if I'll be getting one of those if/when they ever install the 60 amp service.
Instructions says power Cutoff "not needed or recommended"

Shocking! Now I think we understand. This is a very unique experience.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (This is the disclaimer of me being a little bit sarcastic. This is a way of dealing with the situation we're in). This is the same story everyone has had for months and months... (or longer). None of us mean any offense by it.
Guys you can say anything you want, I don't try to argue with you, I just say what I know and only one thing will matter - who will get car 1st :)

I hate tesla for their customer support, but love their cars. This is the 1st tesla I buy with tesla, and don't think will do it again anyway lol

Well since tesla doesn't care about things such as “priority” or “order date” I won't be surprised if people who ordered cars right after reveling refreshed cars will get cars later than people who ordered in May or so, like “they have been waiting already for 7 months, will wait for another 7 months”.

This is a random thing and I understand all that stuff I got from them can be BS, but as I have said before, I want to stay positive cause getting angry at ETA from the company as a Tesla should not affect me at all.

I will get it anyway, next week or next month doesn't matter for me :)
This was pretty much the sentiment of everyone who had only been waiting for a month or so. Let's hope we don't have to see how your opinions turn 7 months from now. 🤣

I have only had mine for two weeks and had that once. It was due to the charger not be in all the way. As soon as I removed it and reinserted, all was fine.
Tried that several times and had someone from Tesla on line with me. They had a message on their end that the car needed to go to service center. They didnt have a tow available so I just brought it in. I have a feeling this is going to take some time. He said because the car is so new, the Fremont engineering team will want to be involved.

Perhaps one day, Tesla will "grow up" as a company and stop with their childish, geeky names for things..."Cheetah Mode, Plaid, Ludicrous Mode, etc." I'm sorry but it's just and childish. I'll deal with it but I'm not going to promote it like a 15-year old would for their video games. :rolleyes:
I guess you hate S-3-X-Y too?

I think 'Turbo' on Porsche's EV is wayyyy worse, to each their own 😉

I've modded and raced the past 4 or 5 of my vehicles since 2002 so I would say the "inner child" in me is there; just think all the geeky names and features are overdone at this point. I like the speed & performance balanced with luxury and the latest technology, but I can do without the geeky names and fart sounds. Wow, Tesla fanbois get so defensive...gee...like children actually. I am not brand loyal; I have my favorite brands I've driven and ones I've only seen but I am not brand loyal to any auto manufacturer; I guess I like trying out different brands. In fact, this Tesla MS Plaid will be my first American made brand owned in like 2+ decades! Interesting fact...just realized that. 🤔 👍
If this doesn’t release your inner child, I’m out of ideas. Hopefully when your Plaid arrives you’ll become a Tesla 🦚 Peacock.

Perhaps one day, Tesla will "grow up" as a company and stop with their childish, geeky names for things..."Cheetah Mode, Plaid, Ludicrous Mode, etc." I'm sorry but it's just and childish. I'll deal with it but I'm not going to promote it like a 15-year old would for their video games. :rolleyes:
I hope they will never grow up; I'd rather see them keeping up with their a little fun than all being PC about everything.
Now I would like to see them improve on quality control and communications :)

1. Not fan fan of the M3 or MY or MX, no...not at all. I think the M3 looks like a frog from the front but looks okay from the rear and the side. The MY just looks like a tall M3...it's just plaid odd. And, the MX looks like an upside-down bath tub. It's not pretty, imho.
2. I agree with you 100% on the Porsche Taycan "Turbo" ...one of the absolute worst naming monikers for any auto manufacturer; duh...it's not a turbo guys, it's a f*kg electric vehicle. Porsche just should've used "Taycan...Taycan S...Taycan RS...or Taycan GTS or something like that.

If this doesn’t release your inner child, I’m out of ideas. Hopefully when your Plaid arrives you’ll become a Tesla 🦚 Peacock.

He's the poster child for bitter old man. I'd be willing to bet he watches A Christmas Carol and can't figure out why Scrooge gets such a bad rap. There is no inner child. Pretty sure he killed it in the womb.

I ordered a LR because I don't need the speed, but I agree with you guys. The Plaid is on a different level in terms of speed. It is the fastest production car in the world, period.
Best part is with 5 little letters and a cf spoiler your LR turns into a Plaid cosmetically where 99.999% of people will think you have all that power to unleash. After the new wears off that's really what's it all about.:)

This was pretty much the sentiment of everyone who had only been waiting for a month or so. Let's hope we don't have to see how your opinions turn 7 months from now. 🤣
I won't wait for 7 months, cause one month later there will be a bunch of plaids (already at least 4) at the used market with small miles on it. I can go and buy it.

When I was placing the order system has shown ETA range August-September, if the car won't arrive, I will go and buy it from 3rd party :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The whole world is too serious. We’re not allowed to laugh at anything having fun is frowned upon. Thank God for people like Elon musk. If you’re offended by Cheetah mode what else drives you mad? It’s just a car.
Boring company, Not a flame thrower, short shorts, Teslaquila (or whatever it was called). Life is short, have fun, we all die at the end anyway.

I'm betting I will love my MS Plaid. I will probably have a smile from ear to ear everyday for however long I enjoy it, provided I don't have major problems with it. I sold my GT-R and Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV in anticipation for this Tesla Model S Plaid, so yeah, I'm probably going to love it. But that doesn't mean I'll instantly become some sort of Tesla fanboy, praising and promoting all the geeky, childish features and names for things. Not a fan of this stuff.

• Disagree
Reactions: yamanote

This is gonna sound really bad, but it JUST hit me why their use of turbo has been subconsciously bothering me. And now that I type it, I cannot believe I am admitting it.

You'd think the team from Stuttgart could have spent more than 45 seconds coming up with the naming convention for the Taycan family.

The whole world is too serious. We’re not allowed to laugh at anything having fun is frowned upon. Thank God for people like Elon musk. If you’re offended by Cheetah mode what else drives you mad? It’s just a car.
Boring company, Not a flame thrower, short shorts, Teslaquila (or whatever it was called). Life is short, have fun, we all die at the end anyway.

Beautifully said, my friend! 😁 :D