Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is doing pretty good answering BBB complaints. Maybe that should be the new method of communication instead of contacting clueless SAs who just feed us all different nonsense information, probably thinking we don’t all talk to each other.
Lol never even knew that people complain to the BBB about their Tesla’s “1st world problems.”

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Lol never even knew that people complain to the BBB about their Tesla’s “1st world problems.”
Are there children starving in Africa? Sure. Are there guys with Lamborghinis parked inside their high rise towers in UAE? Sure.

Sugar customer service is sugar customer service. No excuse for where it is.

I hope he is correct. This would be a great sign for the rest of us with similar builds.
It's obviously not true. How many Blue Plaids have you seen delivered and posted in this thread? I'd say may be one or two. Also Tesla is not even building them at a fast rate and have not delivered a single Plaid with 19" wheels. That one unicorn with 19s is probably a LR. SAs don't know jack *sugar* and are not to be trusted at all. Many of us already know that EDD in the website is a damn joke 😂

Anything new from your source?
Give us white interiors and 19" range loving maniacs something to look forward to sensei

There is nothing new under this Sun, unfortunately. I was told that 19” wheel cars are in pre-production planning as of 2 weeks go. Nothing new since.

What “pre-production planning” means is anyones guess.

I was quoted Mid-August though.

whats the cost in your area for full PPF on the whole car?
$5k-ish. Seems pretty common for full car with edges properly wrapped.
I would like to hear from someone with the matte wrap. I have heard you have to be careful washing matte compared to gloss wrap. This was from someone at the shop that added the tint to my windows. Of course PPF might have different care requirements than matte wrap
For PPF the shop says it doesn't make a difference.
I would agree with this. It is like wrapping a white car - as soon as there is a tear or blemish in the satin / matte wrap, it is going to stick out like a sore thumb. If you are on the fence for matte or clear bra, just go clear bra.
Apparently this stuff is about 4x the thickness of vinyl wrap, which I didn't know before I considered it.
I’ll bite -

what are the pros and cons (besides cost) of doing a full car ppf wrap vs a Bra only?

I priced out full Xpel ppf, paint correction, ceramic. The local place wants $9K. Ouchy. But on my M3P I had lots of gouges from rocks and scratches on the rear and sides from normal use. So considering this huge sum as an option.
This place says paint correction is mostly unnecessary, and I super respected their being up front and showing me why. PPF hides surface scratches and small blemishes in a way that makes it not a big deal for many ppl. Even the very clear ppf hides scratches as long as you can't feel them when you touch the surface with your fingernail.
I'm going white full satin wrap personally. I don't think it is dated, very few people do that (in my area at least). Will make my white S look a bit different than every other white S out there.
Full wrap is good to protect paint from these assholes keying nice cars. However, if I decide not to go for matte, I will probably just cover the front only, I live in the snow belt and not covering the front is nonsense.
Yeah, I don't think it is now, but in four years am I going to be sick of it? Maybe. Because of that I'm going clear. I love a black car, and if this lets me keep it looking clean, I'm gonna be super happy.
I had mine done last week, picked it up yesterday. I got XPEL Ultimate, in the shop was a completed Black Refreshed MS in stealth. Personally, I am happy with my choice, the shine is beautiful. The Stealth looks really cool but it stands out and I don‘t need mine to stand out any more than it does. I have a new Black MS, I did use stealth for the mirrors and door handles and powder coated the wheels satin as well. The contrast looks amazing.
There were TWO refresh S at this shop being done and both looked great. I agree that I don't need the stealth, as the car already looks awesome, and I think shiny black will be great w/ ppf and ceramic.
A friend of mine has this wrap on his black Model 3. It looks super duper awesome when the car is clean and shiny but looks rather dull when the car is not. Sometimes, it looks as if the whole car has been plasti-dipped. This made me shy away and get a clear PPF instead.
However, a stealth PPF looks awesome on a white car, clear or not.
Agreed on white. I saw some videos of that and it is amazing. In the end I'm going gloss and ceramic here.
I am having the same thoughts. I think it’s just my brain trying fill up the void while I wait for some sign, any sign that I’ll ever get my actual car.
You'll get there. Just don't forget your normal daily duties, and if you want to save yourself refreshing things, check out my github project for home assistant notifications of vin :)

There is nothing new under this Sun, unfortunately. I was told that 19” wheel cars are in pre-production planning as of 2 weeks go. Nothing new since.

What “pre-production planning” means is anyones guess.

I was quoted Mid-August though.
Pre-production planning. Sounds like something that should’ve been done back when the car was announced lol.

What I’m curious about is what makes 19 inch version such a big deal/issue. Unless they’re going to change something to the car itself, other than obviously the rims, then why is there even any planning?

One other question for folks who have had their cars ppf'd, or just generally: I'm seriously considering having them keep the Plaid badge and spoiler off for now. When I got my M3P, they hadn't yet shipped the CF spoiler nor the dual motor (red underline) badges, so my car came without them. The svc center eventually gave me those parts but I preferred the car without them.

I know de-badging is a thing, and I know the spoiler is purely aesthetic, but i'm curious if anyone else has removed their spoiler or PLAID emblem and kept them off?

One other question for folks who have had their cars ppf'd, or just generally: I'm seriously considering having them keep the Plaid badge and spoiler off for now. When I got my M3P, they hadn't yet shipped the CF spoiler nor the dual motor (red underline) badges, so my car came without them. The svc center eventually gave me those parts but I preferred the car without them.

I know de-badging is a thing, and I know the spoiler is purely aesthetic, but i'm curious if anyone else has removed their spoiler or PLAID emblem and kept them off?
If you remove your CF spoiler, I would be happy to buy it from you. Please DM me if you are serious about this.

Last edited:

And if you debadge, I will take plaid badge off of your hand. Plan on slapping that on all 3 of my cars, including wife’s Honda, it may go faster 😆

So... in the name of science, and not at all in the name of being completely and utterly obsessed, I drove over to the Renton, WA Tesla location. This cemented my feelings that the blue Plaid is the best color (not arguable).

Also, what's this I see? 19"-equipped Model S! It exists! After seeing how they look in person, I think I'd pay just about anything to not have them on my S. The 21s are just a perfect fit for the wheel arches on the S. The 19s? Not so much...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.20.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.20.20 PM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.19.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.19.57 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 69
So... in the name of science, and not at all in the name of being completely and utterly obsessed, I drove over to the Renton, WA Tesla location. This cemented my feelings that the blue Plaid is the best color (not arguable).

Also, what's this I see? 19"-equipped Model S! It exists! After seeing how they look in person, I think I'd pay just about anything to not have them on my S. The 21s are just a perfect fit for the wheel arches on the S. The 19s? Not so much...
I agree the 21’s are much nicer looking but as far as filling the wheel well, the 19’s and 21’s are almost exactly the same height (rears are 28” tall, same diameter). I had 21’s on for a while, went back to 19’s happily, more range, better ride and way less expensive to replace. Looks aren’t everything and I can not see the wheels when I am driving but I sure can feel the bumps.