Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly the story I got yesterday when my appt was pushed out a week. At first I thought it was just my car, but sounds like this is a general problem. My car is detailed and ready to go at the Palm Springs SC. Heard it is likely software, which makes more sense if all are affected.
So uh... how bout those of us already driving them? _scared_

I almost did a dumb thing and changed my order to remove FSD. Which would’ve likely delayed me past even September. Then I realized, I can wait until I get closer to delivery and cancel it. I have it on my Y at $10,000, with the subscription, and no way city FSD rolls out any time soon (ie my bet is it’s over a year away), I’ll take the subscription.

And I am on topic as both my S and X say September. No updates for over a month.
I dropped it from my order 2 days before the price increase hit. So glad I did. $199….once something worth while comes to FSD is a much better scenario for those of us that upgrade our cars often. Even Tesla doesn’t value FSD on a car as a value when trading in.

In addition you won’t pay VAT or Sales Tax on the monthly fee vs the 7-10%+ tax that some (me included) would pay on the upfront purchase. There is another 4 months of subscription fee added on to the front end of purchase. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, how silly of me to have an "agenda" of wanting to keep life viable on our only planet--please forgive my stupidity in such a quest. Just "Don't worry, be happy!" instead.

Elon Musk's "agenda" is just dumb too:

The point of all this was, and remains, accelerating the advent of sustainable energy, so that we can imagine far into the future and life is still good. That's what "sustainable" means. It's not some silly, hippy thing -- it matters for everyone.

By definition, we must at some point achieve a sustainable energy economy or we will run out of fossil fuels to burn and civilization will collapse. Given that we must get off fossil fuels anyway and that virtually all scientists agree that dramatically increasing atmospheric and oceanic carbon levels is insane, the faster we achieve sustainability, the better.

[truncated]

So here's a tip: as soon as your brain wants to use the word "agenda," ask yourself, "Why do I resist the facts that challenge a grossly inaccurate world view with such vigor?"

So buy more Teslas, and solar panels, and stop putting so much GHG-dumping on your fork--that's the best solution. (And getting Tesla to deliver more MS's would be nice . . . .)
You should be upset about fish more than cows. Fishing is causing the crisis not cows.

I'm buying a Tesla not because it saves the planet. It's cool to drive. Electricity is non sustainable as well. Most of our grid in the US can't handle an all electric world. Much less our power plants. It's nice you have your convictions. But pushing a vegan diet is like yelling at people they need to accept Jesus Christ. Most likely you're not going to change anyone's opinion if you tell them they're stupid for eating "charred meat"

On topic: still just August. But better than blank at least. Been holding strong there at least. Would love to see it actually come in August.

Last edited:
I dropped it from my order 2 days before the price increase hit. So glad I did. $199….once something worth while comes to FSD is a much better scenario for those of us that upgrade our cars often. Even Tesla doesn’t value FSD on a car as a value when trading in.

In addition you won’t pay VAT or Sales Tax on the monthly fee vs the 7-10%+ tax that some (me included) would pay on the upfront purchase. There is another 4 months of subscription fee added on to the front end of purchase. 🤷🏻‍♂️
How do you know that there will be no Sales Tax on the subscription?

Hey everyone!

been out for about 8 days (was in Napa celebrating my 40th birthday). Unfortunately, I did not get a birthday present from Tesla and am still stuck on "July". Being that I'm in south florida, it's the 18th, and I have no VIN, I'm starting to think it isn't gonna pan out.

Quick question...as I don't want to go back through 80-100 pages, anyone run a quarter mile on the LR yet? Still curious what they're running

thanks....let the misery resume.
Napa is fun! Hope you drank way too much wine and ate tons of good cheese!

10.8ish on the 1/4 LR times. There's some videos from @Tex EV out there that @cwanja has posted.

How do you know that there will be no Sales Tax on the subscription?
Based on every other subscription fee I pay, and there a a lot of them, I don’t pay sales tax on any of them. (In Georgia in any case)

That included the $9.99 Tesla Premium Connectivity Fee I was paying on my 2019 Raven before I sold it.

Last edited:
Based on every other subscription fee I pay, and there a a lot of them, I don’t pay sales tax on any of them.

That included the $9.99 Tesla Premium Connectivity Fee I was paying on my 2019 Raven before I sold it.
I bet those CA peeps are going to pay sales tax on the subscription. Lots of states require sales tax on online subscriptions. We're lucky enough to live in GA where we don't do crazy things like that 🤣🤣

Electricity is non sustainable as well. Most of our grid in the US can't handle an all electric world.
True, electricity generation is currently dominated by coal and NG. The key to sustainability is to get the generation of electricity to zero carbon and while transitioning transportation, appliances, etc away from gasoline and NG to electricity. If we don’t embrace expansion of nuclear via the newer “fail safe” reactors, we won’t get there in any reasonable time. Solar and Wind are important parts of the solution, but alone will not get us close to a zero carbon generation in any reasonable time.

Your second point is actually not entirely true. If you consider the electricity required to drill, refine and distribute oil based gasoline would drop proportionally with each ICE car NOT manufactured and operated (ignoring the non-equilibrium transition) then it’s almost a wash. There are other factors (battery mining and production) that don’t make this entirely true, but it’s not nearly as bad as the casual observation would lead one to believe. We do need a smarter more flexible grid for sure, but total capacity isn’t far off from future needs if we simply replace coal and NG based generation with nuclear, wind and solar.

True.

One supposed mark of a larger brain is the ability to plan ahead vs. "living in the moment."

Sadly, many exemplify this by making choices which greatly increase our planetary-scale risks, and likely shorten our human lifespan on Earth.

What will the offspring of "Hellcat Boy" say when he's asked, "When faced with massive, overwhelming, data that strongly suggested that continued dumping of GHG's was a really, really stupid thing to do, why did you buy that insanely stupid 2021 Dodge gas-guzzling, GHG-dumping POS?"

Answering, "I couldn't wait another few weeks for a Tesla Model S," will sound beyond moronic, no?

The offspring may wish to have a DNA extraction to keep the stupid genes out of the pool.

You should be upset about fish more than cows. Fishing is causing the crisis not cows.

I'm buying a Tesla not because it saves the planet. It's cool to drive. Electricity is non sustainable as well. Most of our grid in the US can't handle an all electric world. Much less our power plants. It's nice you have your convictions. But pushing a vegan diet is like yelling at people they need to accept Jesus Christ. Most likely you're not going to change anyone's opinion if you tell them they're stupid for eating "charred meat"

On topic: still just August. But better than blank at least. Been holding strong there at least. Would love to see it actually come in August.

Your argument posted earlier to another member on TMC this year (copied above) is I think what doubleshot is referencing. The member decided he had enough of Tesla and went back to his ICE vehicle - which we all understood but did not necessarily agree. I am all for saving the planet and have personally (and corporately) stepped up quite a bit. However, I am not part of your agenda of condescending self-righteousness. This is how you deal with people that do not fully agree with you - but not me.

You have some good points and obviously great intentions. So we are not so far off from each other.

Getting a Tesla - even if not for the planet - is still going to benefit the planet. Other items will follow as well for most. No need to berate people into your camp.

Last edited:
I found a solution to my painful wait for the MS with 19s. Ordered a MY for the lady, now I can painfully wait for both, which means only 50% of my painful wait is caused by the MS 😅😅
The MY is a great car! Even though I've only been using it for three weeks, I'm actually getting a bit sad now that I'll be selling it soon when I get my MS on Monday (if no delayed like others mentioned 🤞) and after I get the title whenever I get the registration packet from Tesla...

Wow, don’t even know where to start. Accepting Jesus is a show of faith, the warming climate is a matter of fact. Can’t you want to drive a cool car and want to save the planet?? Driving my Tesla has no impact on the grid, I have solar. I really have a hard time understanding why someone would have a $100,000 EV and not have solar(unless, of course you are living in a condo/appt). I put in solar 4 years ago and it is over 75% paid off, and I live above the 45th. Finally, I grew up on a cattle ranch, hard to admit but after standing in the middle of a hundred Hereford’s I can personally attest on how much methane they produce.

Driving my Tesla has no impact on the grid, I have solar. I really have a hard time understanding why someone would have a $100,000 EV and not have solar(unless, of course you are living in a condo/appt).
Even if you live in a condo or apartment, you can choose to get your electricity from 100% renewables in some areas (e.g. community solar).

Wow, don’t even know where to start. Accepting Jesus is a show of faith, the warming climate is a matter of fact. Can’t you want to drive a cool car and want to save the planet?? Driving my Tesla has no impact on the grid, I have solar. I really have a hard time understanding why someone would have a $100,000 EV and not have solar(unless, of course you are living in a condo/appt). I put in solar 4 years ago and it is over 75% paid off, and I live above the 45th. Finally, I grew up on a cattle ranch, hard to admit but after standing in the middle of a hundred Hereford’s I can personally attest on how much methane they produce.

How does the cost of the EV and owning solar panels correlate? We have looked at them and it is not the cost that is the deciding factor against it.