Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my city alone, you canā€™t go one minute without seeing a Tesla. I actually made a game out of it with my son.
Too many model 3s in Atlanta area too, was trying to get into someone elseā€™s car twice in last 2 weeks, I am getting my M3 wrapped this weekšŸ˜€
Yep. Before the legislature took away the incentives, Atlanta had the second highest concentration of EVs in the country.

Glad you are looking at it. The TOU strategy for the consumer is to adjust the majority of usage to the lowest cost period. From the supplier's standpoint, they are trying to provide incentive toward consuming during off-peak periods. If you are able to move to off-peak, you will save on both generation and delivery.
Exactly how we do it. Our peak period is 12-7, so the batteries get charged up between 8am-noon from PV first, grid second. Even when it's hot (because the sun is shining), we won't have to draw from the grid much during peak. Unfortunately, the discharge rate (as well as charging rate) of our battery system is limited to 5kW so if the PV isn't producing enough we still may need to draw from the grid.

No delivery date.

Because cheap electric rates donā€™t correlate to tax credits and most folks arenā€™t buying $50,000+ cars which, in reality, is the cost of a new Tesla most of the time. Sucks but true.
Iā€™ve also found that most folks have no idea what the electricity costs really are and how much an EV drinks. When someone asks me about it they are invariably surprised Iā€™m not spending well north of $100 a week: ā€œbut how do you manage the higher electric bill?ā€

I was super excited until I've heard a couple of people on here got their delivery pushed back due to a "software issue"... I'm dreading the call from my SA/Delivery team in the morning.... Will see...

Yeah, I think for Texas, they'll send a hardcopy of the documents for you to take to the DMV instead
@MrExitStrategy, I do hope your delivery goes as per schedule today šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ¼! I have one scheduled this week as well šŸ¤”. Do let us knowā€¦

This is an environmentally conscious crowd. You'll want to put them through a wood chipper and then fertilize your garden.

I apologize to all that my dead hooker comment spawned more comments and even a thumbs down. Was he downvoting the dead hooker in the trunk or disagreeing that it is mentioned in the owners manual?

Messing around in the configurator with Plaid options whenā€¦

A5EFE9B0-AFA2-48C2-A18D-B3BF6ACBCC72.jpeg

@MrExitStrategy, I do hope your delivery goes as per schedule today šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ¼! I have one scheduled this week as well šŸ¤”. Do let us knowā€¦
Add me to the List ... New to the forum yet not new to Tesla... We Have a 2020 LR X, and ordered a LR S refresh Jan 28th , White 21" wheels, and Cream interior...to be delivered in ATL.... I was supposed to take delivery 6 days ago...each day, it gets bumped back day, and MY SA did indeed quote the "factory hold" and said my car has been sitting at the store...... So do we really think this is Software or parts replacement...? any other LR Refresh owners that have taken delivery have any serious issues? Cheers from Atlanta ~RP

My delivery appointment is still set at 7/26 at my local delivery center. Hasn't been pushed back but who knows, my car is in transit to them from Fremont now. My old CEO had his Plaid delivery held at the Scottsdale/PHX location for "an unknown software hold" also... I just wasn't sure if this was related to just the plaids or all model S's - as my mine is LR. Does anyone have a delivery hold on a LR?

Add me to the List ... New to the forum yet not new to Tesla... We Have a 2020 LR X, and ordered a LR S refresh Jan 28th , White 21" wheels, and Cream interior...to be delivered in ATL.... I was supposed to take delivery 6 days ago...each day, it gets bumped back day, and MY SA did indeed quote the "factory hold" and said my car has been sitting at the store...... So do we really think this is Software or parts replacement...? any other LR Refresh owners that have taken delivery have any serious issues? Cheers from Atlanta ~RP
So your car is already at your local Service Center? I was not aware that the hold started almost a week ago!

I canā€™t believe how low some of these utility rates are. I guess I should reword that, and say what the hell is going on with the electricity rates in California?

$.56 On-Peak and $.31 Off-Peak rates here in San Diego made the choice of solar an easy one. Just over 3 years of electricity bills fully covered a 15 kW system for my house.
Average residential customer utility bills in Southern California are actually lower than the national average on an annual basis, despite having higher much kwh rates. There is less need for heating and cooling. SDG&E has the highest rates in the state but the weather is amazing.

Two weeks lol, duh

Something tells me this promised 1000 cars a week isnā€™t happening. Between CF and 19s Iā€™m almost positive if I donā€™t become an EOQ push delivery at the end of September, I wonā€™t see my car until EOQ push in December.
I agree with you. I don't think we will see our cars until December. Knowing Tesla they won't ever be able to get their *sugar* together in a timely manner. Elon is getting roasted on Twitter and in media in general for his FSD promises. Even r/teslamotors is pissy at him but you can't blame them. At this point I have spent close to 25k on FSD on my 3 cars and have yet to see even FSD beta (like many others). The stock has been consistently bleeding for the last 6 months too. Tesla has been garbage lately, damn!

Still blank here, since end of June. I'd like it if I had the fun that other people have of flipping between dates and blank, but not so! Seeing as how it's now past mid-July, and although we have finally seen a picture of the 19s, no one here yet has gotten a delivery yet - I'm going to say August delivery for me.

I just hope it's not pushed to September, I don't want to take delivery of the wife's Y *and* my Plaid at the same time lol

@Electricmike @RandomPlanet @MrExitStrategy Please post more often, at least once daily, and let us know your thoughts. Misery loves company and when your cars do arrive we need all the details and PHOTOS!

Thank you! Will definitely let you guys know. It's T - 39 minutes and still haven't gotten any calls...
Iā€™d be ok with a play by play of the delivery, if you could.

We support you.
A) If you take delivery, we will despise you (pure jealousy of course)
B) If you are bumped and donā€™t take delivery, youā€™re nothing but a VIN to us.
Good luck.