Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pricing is more than just COGS + profit margin. One of the things that goes into the mix is amortizing the R&D needed to develop the product and there would appear to be quite a bit sunk into developing and manufacturing those carbon sleeved rotors.
Exactly my thoughts! There has be at least tens of millions into those rotors, not to mention the machine they had to develop.

I feel as if 19s were an issue, they should’ve either communicated it with the customers and allowed them to upgrade to 21s or comped them all 21s and made it right to take care of those who might continue to buy their cars when there’s finally competition. Customer retention could make or break a company.

Also let’s face it, the price mark up between LR and Plaid is really nothing more than an extra motor and peacocking rights. Production cost of Plaid over LR is probably a fraction of what they charge in MSRP.
They have done that before. My P85D was to have Sport Seats, but came with ordinary ones. When the Sport Seats finally arrived they swapped them out. Of course my P85D was built in December 2014. in 2021 they probably don't want to do that any more. Really, if they delivered mine with 21's I'd take them, just swap then out for 19 or 20 aftermarket wheels ASAP. Who knows, somebody might even buy the arachnids. I sold my Model 3P's 20" for what my aftermarket wheels and tries cost. That could happen again.

Anyway I'd really like to have the choice! I still have zero date, not even a range. The constant phone calls begging me to switch from a Plaid+ in order to have June delivery seem just a fantasy now. :(

O M G. What are ya'll even debating at this point? 😂

BTW - I'm glad I got the 19s, wouldn't swap em, Im good with the way they look in the one pic weve seen, should be a smoother ride with better efficiency, all good here. plus lets tsla figure out what's going on with the updates.

I am starting to get the itch again tho. i ride my bike on a local trail and someone got a nice plaid white model s, been seeing it every day. my heart is in much pain (much wow). really hoping its only 3-4 more weeks. plz tsla.

also, hope tsla raises the price of the LR Model S to $95k. let us early birds get some built in value to help with depreciation. ppreciate ya elon.

O M G. What are ya'll even debating at this point? 😂

BTW - I'm glad I got the 19s, wouldn't swap em, Im good with the way they look in the one pic weve seen, should be a smoother ride with better efficiency, all good here. plus lets tsla figure out what's going on with the updates.

I am starting to get the itch again tho. i ride my bike on a local trail and someone got a nice plaid white model s, been seeing it every day. my heart is in much pain (much wow). really hoping its only 3-4 more weeks. plz tsla.
My debate is that TSLA Pilot thinks he is more informed with superior values, and I think he is not.

Concur: Tesla's communication with those that pay their salaries is beyond atrocious, it's just plain rude. Terrible company on many levels, but with great products.

As for the cost delta in the two Model S's, please see #38,881--it's closer to a $7k difference, most likely, in production cost. Throw in another few $k for warranty expenses, and the slightly different seats, let's call it $10k.

As a TSLA shareholder I'm pleased.

As a buyer, I flabbergasted.
Well, the cost difference between no FSD / yes FSD is $0, and they still charge $10,000... I'm OK with that as both a shareholder and a buyer.

Interesting thing. There are 5 plaid’s for sale as “used” (less than 1000mi btw), on CarGurus and 3 of them are in TX. Just let you know 🙂
Interesting.

If I had to guess, it's the Yoke From Hell experience that would piss buyers off, but time will tell. A previous poster suggested there's a team already working a conventional steering wheel program, with the Yoke From Hell as an option . . . .

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers
Pricing is more than just COGS + profit margin. One of the things that goes into the mix is amortizing the R&D needed to develop the product and there would appear to be quite a bit sunk into developing and manufacturing those carbon sleeved rotors.
When I bought my M3P, the motors were allegedly "binned" but we all know they were just the same motors, software limited. I think there is some justification to the argument that the person who buys the performance car is going to stress the components more, so baking in some amount of the cost to replace things that are run hard within warranty is part of this game too.

At least that's what I told myself when I paid $8k more than the long range, i guess. :)

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Trust me, he's not a pilot. I'm sure most pilots care somewhat about the cause, maybe, just not when it comes to fast jets spewing pollution into the air.
Well, the subset of smarter pilots should care; pity that so many, pilots and non-pilots, aren't in that category.

Every day brings massive headlines of actual, real world, impacts.

And guess how few actually read a newspaper or are even mildly up to date on current events?

This is how "intelligent" societies implode.

But, hey, don't worry, BE HAPPY!

Interesting.

If I had to guess, it's the Yoke From Hell experience that would piss buyers off, but time will tell. A previous poster suggested there's a team already working a conventional steering wheel program, with the Yoke From Hell as an option . . . .
I think some people just want to make 20-40 grands in a minute. Don’t blame yoke 🙂 who don’t want yoke should not even order 100k+ car.

I see 3 Plaid for sale on CarGurus; $155k, $172k, and $175k.
There's also a 2021 Model S Performance with 684 miles for $129,999. CarGurus price analysis shows it's a 'Fair Deal' lol.
Also a private owner selling a LR refresh with 340 miles for $110k. Hmm doesn't even have FSD lol
Edit: A dealer in NE is selling a 2020 Model S Performance with 23,667 miles for $105,900 damnn

1626813069330.png

And by shenanigans, I mean anything off topic... (since @elguapo ) has decided to stop issuing yellow cards...
Trust me - I set the example.