Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, since the account shows nothing to us I keep sending messages to my delivery adviser.

I bet she has already regret she told me how to communicate with her.

When I put an order system has showed EDD as a “July”.

2 days later my “assigned” delivery adviser has called me and told: “it will take a few weeks to get a car”.

Next week I went to my SC and asked people there and they told me it takes 4-13 weeks to get a car.

Today I told my adviser I have completed all papers regarding financial aspects and have all preapprovals which will be good for 50 days. Btw I do have it.

And she just texted me back:
“You will get a text message as soon as you are assigned a VIN and can schedule delivery. It it likely that your approval will need to be refreshed as delivery will likely happen after the 50 day mark, as your order was placed 3.5 weeks ago. The good news is your profile is complete! One of the main factors in getting matched to a vehicle is MYTESLA account completion.”

What is a MYTESLA thing tho? I had Tesla before and I bet I have everything.

So my thoughts were right. There is no chance to get a car before EOQ.

I even told her match me with any car around the country I’ll travel to take it. Totally ignored.

I also can’t get why all people in Tesla are giving different info which is not real at all? Are they simply taking random answers from head and giving it to people?

Last edited:
View attachment 686304

And by shenanigans, I mean anything off topic... (since @elguapo ) has decided to stop issuing yellow cards...
Trust me - I set the example.
Capture.JPG

In the for sale sub form on this site there is a seller in Philadelphia who is selling his plaid with only 143 miles on it. He can’t stand the yoke. Not only is he not asking for a markup he appears to be willing to sell it just to recoup his cost. And he bought at the 119 thousand price
*cue pushing and shoving*

Lol, since the account shows nothing to us I keep sending messages to my delivery adviser.

I bet she has already regret she told me how to communicate with her.

When I put an order system has showed EDD as a “July”.

2 days later my “assigned” delivery adviser has called me and told: “it will take a few weeks to get a car”.

Next week I went to my SC and asked people there and they told me it takes 4-13 weeks to get a car.

Today I told my adviser I have completed all papers regarding financial aspects and have all preapprovals which will be good for 50 days. Btw I do have it.

And she just texted me back:
“You will get a text message as soon as you are assigned a VIN and can schedule delivery. It it likely that your approval will need to be refreshed as delivery will likely happen after the 50 day mark, as your order was placed 3.5 weeks ago. The good news is your profile is complete! One of the main factors in getting matched to a vehicle is MYTESLA account completion.”

What is a MYTESLA thing tho? I had Tesla before and I bet I have everything.

So my thoughts were right. There is no chance to get a car before EOQ.

I even told her match me with any car around the county I’ll travel to take it. Totally ignored.

I also can’t get why all people in Tesla are giving different info which is not real at all? Are they simply taking random answers from head and giving it to people?
Funny (or not so funny), I just heard a similar thing today about my order.

I originally ordered a Plaid on 9/22/2020, which was then automatically converted to Plaid+ on 2/11/2021. Because Tesla also automatically converted by account back down from Plaid+ to Plaid on 6/19/2021, I only finalized the "next steps" on MyTesla account on 6/22/2021. Based on this sequence of event, a new Tesla insider I got in touch with told me that my order has an effective order date of 6/22/2021 and it will be prioritized accordingly. I was also told not to expect my Plaid before September.

This is in stark contrast with what my other Tesla contact was telling me, namely: my order still has Sept. 2020 priority and will be matched to a VIN as soon as production matches my order details. This new piece of information basically tells me this is all incorrect, and there is no VIN matching at all, nor any concept of "priority", until the date when all steps possible to complete are indeed complete on MyTesla. That date sets the wheels in motion of VIN matching.

Frustrating...

In the for sale sub form on this site there is a seller in Philadelphia who is selling his plaid with only 143 miles on it. He can’t stand the yoke. Not only is he not asking for a markup he appears to be willing to sell it just to recoup his cost. And he bought at the 119 thousand price

Philly? Is it a fire sale?

Funny (or not so funny), I just heard a similar thing today about my order.

I originally ordered a Plaid on 9/22/2020, which was then automatically converted to Plaid+ on 2/11/2021. Because Tesla also automatically converted by account back down from Plaid+ to Plaid on 6/19/2021, I only finalized the "next steps" on MyTesla account on 6/22/2021. Based on this sequence of event, a new Tesla insider I got in touch with told me that my order has an effective order date of 6/22/2021 and it will be prioritized accordingly. I was also told not to expect my Plaid before September.

This is in stark contrast with what my other Tesla contact was telling me, namely: my order still has Sept. 2020 priority and will be matched to a VIN as soon as production matches my order details. This new piece of information basically tells me this is all incorrect, and there is no VIN matching at all, nor any concept of "priority", until the date when all steps possible to complete are indeed complete on MyTesla. That date sets the wheels in motion of VIN matching.

Frustrating...
You know, I'm okay with waiting. Like previously I have ordered cars and was told “you will get your car on February 30th.” Just give me time frame I will get it

Too soon -- although after all the initial bluster they seem to have gone radio silent, so wonder what the real story is

It is never good when your attorneys make a big stink and then disappear. I worked a PI case when I was a fresh attorney without an ability to pay off my student loans and I quit during the trial when my client started making loud moaning noises and attempting to claim injury after we already established what the actual injuries were through medical testimony.

I definitely didn't want a part of that charade.

Sounds like a case of not getting the spouse's approval first! Ouch! 😡
The way to save personal integrity is to say, "yeah, I got rid of it because I hated the yoke!"

I looked up that fire event recently and the internet is silent about it. My conspiracy theory is that an automaker pulled the stunt bc Tesla is mopping the floor with their outdated technology OR someone w a short position in TSLA stock is getting bent over. Or maybe the car just malfunctioned? I dunno… very odd how it disappeared.
On another note… do the people who buy 19s do it bc they plan on replacing the wheels immediately? I’m scratching my head why anyone would buy those ugly POS… bc if you roll around in a 90k car with ugly wheels for better efficiency then you’re a real dweeb and I’m glad Tesla is making you wait. Ooos did I just stir the pot?

I looked up that fire event recently and the internet is silent about it. My conspiracy theory is that an automaker pulled the stunt bc Tesla is mopping the floor with their outdated technology OR someone w a short position in TSLA stock is getting bent over. Or maybe the car just malfunctioned? I dunno… very odd how it disappeared.
On another note… do the people who buy 19s do it bc they plan on replacing the wheels immediately? I’m scratching my head why anyone would buy those ugly POS… bc if you roll around in a 90k car with ugly wheels for better efficiency then you’re a real dweeb and I’m glad Tesla is making you wait. Ooos did I just stir the pot?
I had a brand new '09 Boxster S with 17" wheels and managed to bend one of them. The shop I took it to said they'd never seen anyone bend one of those wheels before. The others all had some level of curb rash within the first year.

I can't be trusted with 21s, believe me, especially in Boston. It has nothing to do with how they look.