Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my order...woke up yesterday with an EDD of just August, a VIN and a request to update my insurance information (my policy runs in 6-month intervals and ended 4/24). As of this morning, my EDD is August 3 - August 6. Assuming that Tesla resolves whatever issue is currently holding up deliveries or my car isn't even one of those affected, I'm actually starting to feel like I'm going to have a car within a couple of weeks!
Another member of the group! Ordered 2 months after me! Welcome to the "Leo hates me" group. The others are very happy to have you.

Congratulations you SOB ;):)

The elation of getting a VIN and estimated delivery has turned to frustration. For the past 6 days, I wake up each morning, check my account only to find that Tesla changed the delivery out one day. Started with the 25th then went to the 24th. Of course that was exciting. Then it went to the 30th for a couple of days. After that, the daily march began. This morning estimated delivery is now the August 5th.

Anyone else in Florida delivery seeing the same change every day?

The elation of getting a VIN and estimated delivery has turned to frustration. For the past 6 days, I wake up each morning, check my account only to find that Tesla changed the delivery out one day. Started with the 25th then went to the 24th. Of course that was exciting. Then it went to the 30th for a couple of days. After that, the daily march began. This morning estimated delivery is now the August 5th.

This kinda normal. It will move until the car actually makes it to the SC. However with the delivery hold in place still, it will keep moving (most likely) until the hold is lifted. Hang in there.

We're in the next batch. Two weeks. (technically maybe ha) ... Surprised tho since you have a Plaid you haven't gotten yours yet.

White interior seems like it's a hold up too. Very few. Lots of cream (odd to me why so many cream).
There is no hold up on white interior since Tesla is churning it out for 3/Y so it's garbage excuse by Tesla. They're simply deciding on not producing it as often and the same goes for 19s. Either the Plaid is not suitable to run on 19s according to their testing and they're still figuring out whether to offer it in that wheel config or they are simply deciding not to produce them for now. I doubt it's a business decision. Something else is at play here. I wish they were more communicative but that is just too much to ask for because I know several users including myself would switch to 21s if Tesla comes out and tells us they are unable to deliver the cars with 19s for one reason or another. shame!

I thought I was already in the "Leo hates me" group as of my update yesterday?
There's very little organization here in the group. We kinda just wing it. Similar to the tesla delivery dept. We might throw you out in 2 weeks, we may not. We encourage you to refresh your page multiple times a day to try and keep up.

There is no hold up on white interior since Tesla is churning it out for 3/Y so it's garbage excuse by Tesla. They're simply deciding on not producing it as often and the same goes for 19s. Either the Plaid is not suitable to run on 19s according to their testing and they're still figuring out whether to offer it in that wheel config or they are simply deciding not to produce them for now. I doubt it's a business decision. Something else is at play here. I wish they were more communicative but that is just too much to ask for because I know several users including myself would switch to 21s if Tesla comes out and tells us they are unable to deliver the cars with 19s for one reason or another. shame!
Since the site says 19" wheel deliveries begin in August, I'm hoping...that 19" wheel deliveries begin in August. I just wish it said which year.

Quick question… ordered on 1/27. If I change the paint from white to MSM, will I be subject to the price increase of the car or just the price differential for the cost of the paint? Further, will this change my EDD of September? I know this has been covered, but I can’t recall the definitive answers.
Yes, full price increase plus cost of paint. Maybe it will change your EDD, but no one knows for certain.

Yup.... But now mine has been missing for a few days.....Originally after a 7/26-8/10 window went to just aug then a day change in the range and now blank again for 2 days....So frustrating. Im in Jax

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That is because it is a Plaid and it is too fast for anything to stick to it. You should have bought the LR like me - it is much slower.
1626876278703.png

ideal tag for the new LR :)