Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a question: why did Tesla use alcantara seemingly everywhere it's not vegan leather, EXCEPT in the door inserts?? Looks like cheap cloth fabric that doesn't belong there..

View attachment 687642

View attachment 687645
This would be a great aftermarket product. Especially with carbon fiber interior. This was the only thing I notice since I received my plaid that made me think a few times as I looked at it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just took delivery and holy cow - it’s more beautiful than I could have expected - so pumped and worth the weight.
C5F3CB11-2260-4DF6-AFDA-243EDAD0DF32.jpeg
B0BA1361-AD20-4B32-8FFB-FE290BADE98A.jpeg
4036AB0E-924E-4ACE-8807-9ABB7A5CF7F5.jpeg
71235C12-0C7E-4B93-9B9F-32AF47044A43.jpeg

If you get your companycar in 2021, you will pay less tax as a person, than if your car is from 2022 due to new rules
This might be the case in Sweden as well. Rules are not ready for 2022 yet, so I have to wait and see. My plan was to take delivery in Q2, because they was increasing tax in Q3, but deliveries got delayed, as you know. Hopefully they don’t increase it further in 2022, it’s already starting to get too expensive.

I thought about downgrading. Now I don’t care at all anymore as this experience is wearing out my want for this vehicle. The power is great but let’s face it, we’re still in the US with most road speed limits 35-55mph range.

The LR is supposed to be a range increase over base Model S and not the Plaid, hence the close range on both.

My MYLR order just went blank, following the path of my MS order. What a joke.
Hang tight bud. This is where we become a support group for each other. We’re in this together. No doubt Elon wants to sell us cars. Perhaps a lot of disorganization going on behind the scenes. We’re close. Hopefully within 45 days from now we will have a quality Model S.

I think about upgrading too. In reality, I’m only likely to see short bursts of speed on I-4 or I-95. But if I order one today, my delivery estimate is July! It’s a tough decision. Anyone know if the handling is appreciably better?
I ordered a Plaid on the 17th of this month and EDD is Aug 7-29. The July estimate is a lie

These will do fine as winter wheels. Not good looking, not bad looking, just ordinary/boring. The good thing is should someone bend one it will be easy/cheap to replace.
Wonder if I’ll be able to sell mine to someone up north to make them worthy winter wheels.
I think about upgrading too. In reality, I’m only likely to see short bursts of speed on I-4 or I-95. But if I order one today, my delivery estimate is July! It’s a tough decision. Anyone know if the handling is appreciably better?
Don’t fall for the configurator lies! Lol it’s a trap
ha! I meant shooing. And it was only the red one that was ready for delivery.

take it with a grain of salt, but the sales associate said she had delivered multiple S’s with 19’s.
See attached 😅😅

Attachments

• A71A340F-820C-460E-9218-AD0CF7113A89.jpeg
    A71A340F-820C-460E-9218-AD0CF7113A89.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 69
I’ve never had my EDD change mid-day. This morning I had Aug04-17. This afternoon it changed to Aug 05-18. Is there something positive to be taken from having my date get pushed back by a single day? I seem to recall this happening numerous times to others.
Mine changed by a day today also but only the start changed from Aug 6 to 7

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’ve never had my EDD change mid-day. This morning I had Aug04-17. This afternoon it changed to Aug 05-18. Is there something positive to be taken from having my date get pushed back by a single day? I seem to recall this happening numerous times to others.
I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason to the date changes until you get a VIN. Check my MYLR order dates in my sig

Stopped by the Indianapolis SC today and had one of the SA’s look up my car. She confirmed it was built but is waiting to be put on a train to Chicago. Once in Chicago, it’ll be put on a truck and they will notify me to set up delivery.

On another note, if anyone in this area is waiting on a black/black/wood/21” Plaid with a 435xxx VIN, your car is sitting there waiting to be detailed.

Attachments

• 676EA0D8-FCA1-4E87-AEB8-491BB503BC78.jpeg
    676EA0D8-FCA1-4E87-AEB8-491BB503BC78.jpeg
    781.7 KB · Views: 61
We starting getting a moving and shrinking EDD for about 10 days before we got a VIN, no delivery date yet, but hasn't changed since VIN was added (AUG 2-8)