Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is continuously making small improvements so the model year is irrelevant other than giving the perception of being newer if it’s a 2022 vs 2021. However, I have no doubt a Model S built 6 months after mine will be a slightly better car. Most likely I’ll never be able to spot the differences though.

Yes. The hardware is in the car. The ANC mics are in the car. The improvements that will be seen in the next year will be mostly software. New tall lights, maybe - but maybe not. Not going to live in the What if and maybe later. Enjoying the purchase now. But even before taking delivery, the thoughts crossed my mind but my answer stayed the same.

Absolutely, but the other manufacturers will have to PAY to support the network which will only benefit Tesla more. And what happens when the 25k Tesla comes out? Manufacturers can't even match the BASE Model 3 right now! And with the $10,000 tax credit.......
I'm not disagreeing with you. I stroked Tesla hard for years and Model S has been my dream car for like 6 years now. I also highly promote and recommend products I do my research on. In b4 h8ers: I'm also an Apple "fanboi". But let me tell you, Apple never did me dirty like this, and I will continue to support and promote their product to anyone who asks me for product advise. Mean while I feel 100% guilty for making my lady switch to ordering Model Y instead of getting the 4Runner that she wanted. She's now in the blank world, but unlike me, she actually needs a new car.

Once other manufacturers and car owners start paying to use the network Tesla will have tons of extra cash to expand the network rapidly. Tesla will essentially become the Exxon of fast charging, raking in ridiculous surplus income. Also, it may incentivize government entities and other manufacturers to help expand a brand neutral network of high power chargers.
EXACTLY! The supercharger move was one of best moves I've seen from Tesla in a looooonng time. And they will continue to expand that network until, as you said, they reach Exxon sizes.

Once other manufacturers and car owners start paying to use the network Tesla will have tons of extra cash to expand the network rapidly. Tesla will essentially become the Exxon of fast charging, raking in ridiculous surplus income. Also, it may incentivize government entities and other manufacturers to help expand a brand neutral network of high power chargers.
Or they'll just sit on the profits and tell you new supercharger locations are coming in two weeks. I'm losing faith here. I need them to show me they mean business with something other than a party for the Plaid team.

I think all of these people are forgetting what other manufacturers will still be doing when they 'catch up (🤣)':
Imagine the Ford customers when they start buying $90,000 Lightning Platinums!
Or what about when Ford was saying that piston-slap on the refreshed Mustang was 'normal'? PISTON SLAP!
These are big, corporate run companies where things take FOREVER to happen, and where their dealers HATE EVs, because they can't make *sugar* off of service.

Hopefully Mercedes catches up Tesla before Ford. 😁

Tesla treats us like *sugar* because they know they are so far ahead.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I stroked Tesla hard for years and Model S has been my dream car for like 6 years now. I also highly promote and recommend products I do my research on. In b4 h8ers: I'm also an Apple "fanboi". But let me tell you, Apple never did me dirty like this, and I will continue to support and promote their product to anyone who asks me for product advise. Mean while I feel 100% guilty for making my lady switch to ordering Model Y instead of getting the 4Runner that she wanted. She's now in the blank world, but unlike me, she actually needs a new car.
Understood my friend.🙂 Totally not meaning anything bad by this. It's just that Tesla has gotten this far, and will continue to, because they are the only car company besides Koenigsegg willing to actually TRY something new. That's what makes Tesla a game-changer in this space. It's so refreshing IMO. It's not the same, old crap from dealers and auto makers that we've had since the 60s and 70s.

Alright guys. Finished the "twitter paper thing" as everyone who has been messaging me called it. Going to be posting on Twitter at 4pm and Sawyer Merritt will be Retweeting. Going to get A LOT of hate... From my friends and family, so feel free to like the Tweet to help me out at home! :)

If anyone else still wants to get in, just asking for your first full name and last initial along with the first 6 digits of your RN.
let me know your twitter handle i know couple of those so called Tesla VIP,s

Understood my friend.🙂 Totally not meaning anything bad by this. It's just that Tesla has gotten this far, and will continue to, because they are the only car company besides Koenigsegg willing to actually TRY something new. That's what makes Tesla a game-changer in this space. It's so refreshing IMO. It's not the same, old crap from dealers and auto makers that we've had since the 60s and 70s.
Refreshing but useless when you can't get a car for months or like some people are pushing a year.

Yepper! That's what I meant by 'ill-informed'. Had he taken more time to research stuff, that would've been a different story.
LOL, my favorite part was when he proved the MS cancels noise better, by having his friend play music from his cell phone speakers, and then he rolled up the windows to prove he can't hear it anymore. Those decibel pumping cell phones are a nuisance. 🤣

Hopefully Mercedes catches up Tesla before Ford. 😁

Tesla treats us like *sugar* because they know they are so far ahead.
I really do not agree with what Tesla is doing here. But every car maker goes through phases like these. Many are still in them. But they are still here. And so will Tesla.🙂

Last edited:
LOL, my favorite part was when he proved the MS cancels noise better, by having his friend play music from his cell phone speakers, and then he rolled up the windows to prove he can't hear it anymore. Those decibel pumping cell phones are a nuisance. 🤣
I thought was SO ridiculous to be honest! It's like little mice playing an instrument, and the mighty window can fend them off!🤣

So finally i can share some good news which i just received from my SA. Also he told me on the Phone my car should enter Production this Saturday. This is for Canada so will see if thats true. Currently EDD shows blank.

1627499280365.png

So finally i can share some good news which i just received from my SA. Also he told me on the Phone my car should enter Production this Saturday. This is for Canada so will see if thats true. Currently EDD shows blank.

View attachment 689202
Ahh. The infamous build planning line.

I would do it also but it’s a $10K increase in price.
So I pay $10K to maybe get a car sooner with my second choice interior. Guess it’s $100 to have another tracking mechanism. But if it changes into a sale it’s a $10K surcharge to get something sooner. Doesn’t feel good to reward my impatience and burn $10K.

I would however flip to a black interior if Tesla offered it without cost penalty or a order reset. But it seems like this could only happen if they call me. It’s not something I can initiate within the existing rules.

After seeing what people are paying for Plaids for sale on different channels, one could probably buy their 2nd choice, drive around for a month and sell for price of new! Its a crazy used market out there!

Im checking with PennFed today..0.99% loan rate on new cars is advertised. At that rate, Im not paying my S off. Will get 100% of it financed and put that $83k into vanguard funds over the next 5 yrs.

You can't get 0.99% loan at PenFed unless you use their car-buying service (won't work for Tesla, it seems). Regular is 1.99%, which is still better, but not 0.99%