Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• its-all-relative-man.jpg
    its-all-relative-man.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 43
Hi! I'm on of these people 🙋‍♂️ I want to know that I have the fastest production car on the planet. But, most of the time I'll be in autopilot and using it as a grand tourer. The LR would have more than met my needs, but the value of the Plaid and the opportunity to own its accolades and associated 🦚 nature without faking the badges was too alluring for me to turn down. It's a silly purchase, but the wife allows me some of those from time to time 🏎
In my case, my wife insisted I buy the Plaid, I would have been totally happy with the LR. Just trying to make her happy. 😄

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t a car that runs under 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile need a roll cage on the track? If that’s the case won’t Plaids be banned from the tracks unless one is installed?
The deal is once you car has demonstrated a given level of performance at the track, you have to meet the appropriate safety requirements. They will not ban you just for showing up with a Plaid. For example, in my trip to the drag strip, I kept my first two runs over 10 sec, so not an issue. My 3rd run, which I knew was my going to be my last run, I went full out (9.6s @150mph) which got me the boot (they were nice about it) when I picked up my slip.

The interesting things is I can go back another day and they will have "amnesia" about my last visit and I can race again.

The rules are NHRA rules and any accredited raceway is supposed abide by them. That being said, some places are taking amore liberal intepretation of th rules as the Plaids are stock.

😳

Well I guess I figured something like this could happen. It’s another to actually see it happen. 😂
There's a book, Predictably Irrational. It talks about small, medium, large (coffee, fries) or good, better, best - some folks will swing towards the "best" - most expensive, etc. others towards the smallest, cheapest, etc. - the majority go to the middle, which by no small coincidence, is also generally the most profitable to the seller.
The book also talks about anchoring. How much should a Plaid be? I dunno. Oh, Plaid +? that's more? and LR? That's less? Okay, we've anchored our pricing - so now the Plaid and even more so, the LR looks "cheap" in comparison.
Years ago, one of the companies (Williams Sonoma?) had a problem selling bread makers - let's say they were $200. solution? Consultants had them come out with a larger one for $300 or $400. suddenly the $200 ones started selling.
Just saying. For ME, the Plaid anchored the price, so the LR looks like a better value.
If my choices were somehow (and this may not be the correct application) Honda Civic, Plaid, or Bentley, then suddenly the Plaid finds itself as my psychological go to (at least from the concepts above).

Grrr mine changed from the rolling 7-day window to a 10-day window now. August 2-12. Given we have people without even a range with VINs, it doesn’t seem like there’s any rhyme/reason to it.
that says to me you were matched to a car, and now it's either transit or inspection that's determining your delivery date.

The deal is once you car has demonstrated a given level of performance at the track, you have to meet the appropriate safety requirements. They will not ban you just for showing up with a Plaid. For example, in my trip to the drag strip, I kept my first two runs over 10 sec, so not an issue. My 3rd run, which I knew was my going to be my last run, I went full out (9.6s @150mph) which got me the boot (they were nice about it) when I picked up my slip.

The interesting things is I can go back another day and they will have "amnesia" about my last visit and I can race again.

The rules are NHRA rules and any accredited raceway is supposed abide by them. That being said, some places are taking amore liberal intepretation of th rules as the Plaids are stock.
Omar, if this hasn't been shared before, can you share what is involved in going to the track?
Do you need a special license, or you show up with a wavier and money, etc.?
Then, what happens - do you have them put stuff down for better stickiness, or do they do that, or do you inspect before you race for conditions?
lastly, are there any instructions? do you have to wear a helmet? you see the green and mash the pedal?
I have no idea.
I THINK a buddy of mine who races around here mentioned they use jet fuel, or something crazy like that?
Much thanks.