Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that has taken delivery of a refresh had the AC take a dump? I've rebooted the screens - no luck. I've shut it all the way down - no luck. Charging now to see if the battery temp control is working.

This is what I get for breaking my rule about taking first cars. Serves me right. You folks have more sense than I do.

Anyone that has taken delivery of a refresh had the AC take a dump? I've rebooted the screens - no luck. I've shut it all the way down - no luck. Charging now to see if the battery temp control is working.

This is what I get for breaking my rule about taking first cars. Serves me right. You folks have more sense than I do.
It’s not like we had a choice. 😐

Have not had that issue.

Question for the people who have already taken delivery AND have locked in the MSRP prior to the ($5k LR or $10k Plaid) increase.

What does your paperwork list as the selling price of the car?

Does it show the current MSRP minus a special line item discount?

Doss it list the old MSRP with no discount?
From experience it will just list the old MSRP that is in your order agreement.

My time and sanity is worth a lot more than $100. I mean this is the nicest possible way. Tesla provided an estimate and that's what you received from them at deposit. Their estimate is changing, in part related to things they can't control. Any attempt to undo the transaction through a lack of performance argument on Tesla's part would seem frivolous and without merit.
I have to disagree with this. They sent me a trade-in offer for the value of my model 3 Performance and sent me directly to their website where it said I could order a plaid and get it within the period the appraisal was valid. If they fail to deliver it in that time period it seems that they are clearly in breach. I would see there being two possible remedies. First, they could offer me the same or more appraised value when they reevaluate the trade in or, second, they could refund my money. I'm not worried about this yet but I would have no issue disputing the card that I used for the hundred bucks for filing a small claims court case demanding they do one of those two things.
It seems to me they would refund the money before they spent thousands in lawyers just to have me go before a sympathetic judge who would see a company taking money but not delivering a vehicle. Again, I'm speaking in general and I'm very optimistic my car will come before the appraisal expires.

FSD onetime payment or subscription??

I am torn between adding FSD as part of the purchase or do subscription. On one hand, paying onetime locks you in with the feature without fearing price increases but it requires ponying up 10K onetime.

On the other hand, doing subscription allows to save that cash but no guarantee of price lock plus if I decide to pay in full after a few month, not only I would have paid for that many months of subscription which won't count as credit towards the 10k but also who knows what the cash price for FSD will be at that time??

Thoughts to help a fellow member decide. Thanks.

FSD onetime payment or subscription??

I am torn between adding FSD as part of the purchase or do subscription. On one hand, paying onetime locks you in with the feature without fearing price increases but it requires ponying up 10K onetime.

On the other hand, doing subscription allows to save that cash but no guarantee of price lock plus if I decide to pay in full after a few month, not only I would have paid for that many months of subscription which won't count as credit towards the 10k but also who knows what the cash price for FSD will be at that time??

Thoughts to help a fellow member decide. Thanks.
Well, the constant subscription would at this point be roughtly equivalent to buying outright after about 4 years. So I’d personally ask, do you plan to keep this car for 4+ years? Then buy FSD. If you plan to sell or trade prior, then it makes more sense to do the subscription.
Of course, this assumes the subscription 100% of the time. There are probably months you won’t need it, and then it makes even more sense to just get the subscription.

I can tell you the Plaid gets to the 163 mph top speed very, very quickly. With the 1/4 mile mph’s we’ve seen I guess that’s not surprising. I’ve never ridden in a Chiron, but the Plaid is not tapering off at 160, it’s still pulling extremely hard. I would not be surprised that the race to 200 would be very close.

I'm looking forward to those 200mph times. I really am. I know I'll likely never use it, but... stats, man. Stats.

Fair enough. But there certainly are a bunch of disgruntled buyers here. I choose to just wait. I do see how @sflgator saw fit to step away from the forum, though. This daily back and forth isn't healthy.
I think almost universally the disgruntled feelings come from absolute zero information from a company selling $130K cars. I think almost everyone here would be chill if they just came out and said your car will be here in x number of months, guaranteed. I even think most people would be okay with them telling us we have no idea when we can get your car, but we have a fair system in place to assure they are given out based on the time you had to wait.

Most people here are extremely angry that a car, that cost as much as a first house 30 years ago, is being treated like you are in line to buy a T-shirt at the end of a rock concert.

And as for SFLgator, he has a short fuse and an arrogant way of trying to tear people down that don't agree with things he values. If he found his experience here to be unhealthy, that's outstanding.