Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol true. But FSD has only been going up in price since its introduction, despite base car prices going down (except for the refresh S/X of course, though this is probably temporary).
Actually that might be inaccurate too if you look at FSD prices in last 27 months, it went down at least once in that period as I remember a lot of people complaining about having paid more in the past

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Slightly off topic but given this is the most popular thread and some owners are frequently here, have a question for them.

Is the issue where rock/road rash debris kicked up by the massive tires a “real thing”? Have seen some pics of Plaids whose rocker panels, doors, etc. are awful from just regular driving. Haven’t seen a ‘driven one“ in person and getting mine next Saturday so want to know if I should be babying this thing till I can put some PPF on it or better yet, get mud flaps. Nobody appears to be selling mud flaps for these though. Thanks.
I have a couple of tiny chips on the front of the right rear wheel latch, above the factory installed PPF. ~1900 miles on the car.

Is there any mention or evidence that a new headlight or tailights is even in the design phase? The only deviation we have seen is the one they used on the prototype rear hatch for the deployable spolier.

Is there anything in the parts book that shows a new tail light coming like other future parts?

If they do get a new design on the tail light, it will most likely go into the current sheet metal with zero to little assembly difference. That wpuld make a switch an easy thing.

The best evidence is this

The EPC originally listed the charge port as "interim" and showed a diagram of a totally different chargeport that wouldn't fit in the current housing. Shortly after this they removed the diagram and the word interim. Later, a new diagram was put up without the new port in it and also the name for the current port regained the word "interim". More recently "interim" was once again removed from the name.

The shape of the new charge port module looks more like the 3/Y than the current S/X one. It also has enough room to hold 2 different charge ports, like the 3/Y do in some regions and might make sense in the US if they wanted to add CCS support. If not that, it also could be used to install a CCS port for Europe so that the S/X aren't limited to 150kW with the CCS to Type 2 adapter.

Last edited:
And this is exactly why people don’t like Tesla owners.
Too bad the holier than thou folks now have us 🦚 dragy types to contend with. “I remember when Tesla stood for something, man!” I applaud your decision @TDud and may join you in voting with my wallet on the next car 👏

2-3 thousands per week or just 2-3? that is crazy low..what is going on...cheap shortage mainly? they did 1800 last 3 weeks of june
I was only referring to this forum’s members receiving VINs and delivery dates; that to me has felt like only 2-3 people. How many others are out there getting cars? 100X or more? So, maybe 250-350 cars per week.

I found that if you open up an incognito window (guest profile) on your web browser and sign in, clicking the new order will work.
That worked! Thanks for the tip. I was getting worried... My SA texted me yesterday that he could match me up with a local car (with different configuration) if I wanted it. I told him, no, that I have waited this long I might as well get the configuration I really want. But ever since that (txt) conversation, my Account page didn't work. I was getting nervous something had gone wrong. Glad to see the order is fine, and it has a date range! (For what that's worth)

Yep. Same thing here.
I found that if you open up an incognito window (guest profile) on your web browser and sign in, clicking the new order will work.
Tesla’s been screwing around with the account page recently (maybe intentionally to avoid frequent reloads?)

They’re clearly saving something in the cookies that prevents new order pages from loading properly, if at all.

Clearing your browser’s cookies for tesla.com pages, or opening the account page in incognito/private mode, as mentioned above, will do the trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAHahh and jebinc
Back on topic
The Plaid accelerates faster to 150 mph !!!!!!!
I would say put some 'burners on it, but the Plaid would probably still beat it to 150. Super fun, though. Plus, all the peacocking down the runway . . .
It'd be fine if the 2nd date wouldn't move back 😂
I wish I had a date. Just lie to me. At least I could look forward to it before I get stood-up.

That worked! Thanks for the tip. I was getting worried... My SA texted me yesterday that he could match me up with a local car (with different configuration) if I wanted it. I told him, no, that I have waited this long I might as well get the configuration I really want. But ever since that (txt) conversation, my Account page didn't work. I was getting nervous something had gone wrong. Glad to see the order is fine, and it has a date range! (For what that's worth)
I’m curious, what config did they offer you?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@EVonly : Did they ever replace your seat cushions with wrinkles? If so, how did it go?
Mine goes to the service center on Monday and they are replacing the rear seat due to wrinkles.
Just catching up as I have been out of town. Tesla ordered a new drivers seat for me, but I’m still waiting for the seat to ship from Fremont. I don’t have an ETA yet, but they returned the car and will reschedule me when the seat arrives.

48DD3662-1F0A-44EB-9A72-CF2AD04F3F32.jpeg

So, anyone seen this on a not-yet-delivered car?
I've looked at over two dozen cars (most in the temp staging lot for my SC) and the panel gap/fit finish is the best I've seen of any Tesla production to date. That obviously does not make it certain that all car's panel gaps are perfect but, from what I have seen first hand, there has been dramatic improvement.

FYI,
Tesla listened on the new suspension. I measured all four corners on my car this weekend before lowering and found them to be about -1 on the front and -1.3ish on the rear for camber. This was in LOW setting. Tire wear will be MUCH more even with these types of numbers.

Tesla seems to have made sweeping changes with the refresh and is making much better cars (says the guy with an Infant Mortality AC problem).

Thanks for the 19“ pics. To me the free wheel looks like 7 lobster forks and the $4500 21’s look like an effed up Star of David. But the 19’s powder coated for $500 to match the black trim and some red brakes for $500, it might look better than what’s currently out there aftermarket. Then when I wear my tires out in 7 months I’ll shop for 20’s, sell the 19’s. Options are a good thing.
Test fitting Nurburgrings from my previous PD to the Plaid. Car not low - not rolled out.
Plaid Nurburgring.JPG

Have had a VIN since Friday and the date range remained 8/8 -8/14. My SA said on Friday that delivery is set for 8/13. Let's see if It holds.
Good luck with that. I've had a VIN for two weeks (and was told that my car was built and waiting to be put on a train on 7/24) and every time I get to within single digits away from my date range, it gets pushed out again. Went from 8/11-8/14 to 8/15-8/18 overnight last night.

Hang in there buddy! Your time will come. I know you don’t want to hear it, but Red Plaids are coming to Texas. (Mine should be here Friday) Red with White will be worth the wait!
Some Texas love for my dad's side of the family.
If you decide to come to Wally World for some Covid (yea, we got a lot of it here just waiting for you), you are welcome to come a few hours south and go for a spin in mine as a fix.