Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You won’t be able to. Apart from initial reservation, you can’t pay any part of your purchase price via credit card. I have tried 3 times and failed 3 times.

Tesla does not accept credit cards as payment. You’ll have to use a 3rd party or do a cash advance. Both come with fees.
Plastiq let’s you pay using a credit card for a small fee. They do the ACH transfer for you.

Things are crazy right now with car loans so I'll probably finance it all. Like 1.5% rates here. Incredible.
Yeah depending on what I get approved for I might loan the majority and invest the rest. Got approved for 2.14% on my MYP with BMO Harris (Tesla insurance), so it was basically free money.

Not going to apply until I have a VIN and delivery day since who knows what’s happening with these 19”

What are your guys thoughts on this TED talk regarding Nuclear > Renewables?
Yes and. Bring'em both.

Some facts about renewables presented in this TED talk are not put in the same context as the devastating effects of fossil fuels.

Do renewables have some negative impact on the environment? Sure, any human activity does. But it's FAR less impactful than continuing to burn fossil fuels.

The best solution would be to phase out all fossil fuels (including "natural" gas) ASAP, replace the base load with as much nuclear as possible, and complement with solar+wind+storage.

Pollution and carbon emissions must stop for us to have any chance of a future on this planet. Otherwise, hurricanes/floods/droughts/freezing events/fires/sea level rises/etc. will continue to get more intense and extreme. Then it's game over for humans (and most life on earth).

Yes and. Bring'em both.

Some facts about renewables presented in this TED talk are not put in the same context as the devastating effects of fossil fuels.

Do renewables have some negative impact on the environment? Sure, any human activity does. But it's FAR less impactful than continuing to burn fossil fuels.

The best solution would be to phase out all fossil fuels (including "natural" gas) ASAP, replace the base load with as much nuclear as possible, and complement with solar+wind+storage.

Pollution and carbon emissions must stop for us to have any chance of a future on this planet. Otherwise, hurricanes/floods/droughts/freezing events/fires/sea level rises/etc. will continue to get more intense and extreme. Then it's game over for humans (and most life on earth).
I agree 100%

2.85% fee is too much in my opinion. I wouldn’t make that much in credit card points to offset it.
Yeah, not totally sure if I’ll do it since I can’t find a compelling credit card.

If I flew a lot I’d signup for the Amex platinum and pay $6k towards the S using Plastiq for a $171 fee, and get 100k Amex points which is worth up to $2,200 if used on flights

How is the rear screen for watching movies? Do you find it’s a bit too small for adults in the back to have a good movie experience?
Size it OK, display is bright, had decent resolutions and good horizontal viewing angles--I think there vertical viewing angle is more of an issue for adults--for kids, I think it would be fine as the angle would be more shallow. That being said, if. had kids and expected the rear monitor to entertain them, I'd definitely go a darker tint than my 55.