Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm. EDD just re-appeared 8/20 - 9/3. No VIN. Still in trade-in limbo.

Either I passed the test and will soon get a VIN or I failed and I'm being tortured.

Any bets?
When I called and I still had a trade in, they told me they weren't actively refreshing the trade offer because the timeline was still so far out. Maybe you'll get your trade offer soon. They did refresh it within about an hour of me calling though. Might be worth calling since you have a EDD range now.

They also said my build was expected August/September but the way it was worded seemed like canned response. From April 28...
The current ETA for a custom build Model S is more towards August/September

Alright ya mad folk, I’ve caught up on the 40+ pages y’all added while I was busy picking up my Plaid!

The delivery went super smooth, the car was sitting outside in the pickup lot, I did a quick once over and had already completed all payment/paperwork online, so signed a couple DMV papers and was off!

View attachment 692846

Whiplash! I still bang my head every time I floor it with this thing. Eventually I’ll learn or go mad, but the acceleration is such a pleasant thing to have at your disposal. Kind of like having a Lion as a pet because you like to stroke its mane.

Missed grabbing the yoke several times and also need to strengthen different muscles to make it easier and more natural, but overall it’s a cool gimmick.

Ride comfort and noise is great. Only have 70 miles on the car with how busy things have been, but it also got the front plate holder removed and tinted today (70% windshield, 50% front windows, 35% rear windows) and taken out for photos:

View attachment 692847
View attachment 692848
View attachment 692849
View attachment 692850

It feels great to know the car is in the garage and super happy to drive it every time I do.

For my flock (you know who you are 🦚), the sad news is that this car is the exact opposite of peacocking. It’s refined, sophisticated, impressive, and—near as makes no difference—unassuming. No one knows what it’s capable of until you hit the pedal…and then, whiplash 😉

Love the car! Love seeing 19” VINs in the thread! Love/hate @Leodoc growing his club membership! And, love @Maximus023 and @2021plaid checking in on the delivery!
how does the cream/wood look with the red?

I have a confession to make. The Plaid that I ordered on the 25th was supposed to come late next week. Last night I made the difficult decision to cancel the order.

I agonized over the decision and looked at the pros and cons. On the pro side the car is really beautiful it is insanely fast. It's also got all the hype of being the fastest car in the world. On the con side I've been watching videos of people driving with the yoke and struggling to indicate which direction they were turning. Also, I just started to think that the interior wasn't really up to standards of $140,000 car. In fact the $50,000 between the LR and the plaid started to eat at me a little bit. In the end, I recognized that I drive approximately 200 miles a month when I'm in my home city so my payments of 2000 a month would be $10 per mile. I could of course pay for it in another manner but why turn down money in the 1 to 2% range.
I'm just going to take a deep breath and try not to fall in love with a car for a while but I may put a refundable deposit in for a lucid Grand touring

Attachments

• Beerfest.gif
    Beerfest.gif
    2 MB · Views: 116
Elon about to cancel my order and block me on Twitter in 5…4…3…2…

So glad you were able to get this picked up..as person in the same boat with LR w/19s hopefully it picks up steam in a positive way.

I know electrek do a podcast today, i might jump on there to highlight it again.. im just soo over this process.

I do recall mentioning the long wait time prior march, but they shrugged my concern off "as ramp up just takes time to do"...its 5 months later...but hopefully your letter sticks

So glad you were able to get this picked up..as person in the same boat with LR w/19s hopefully it picks up steam in a positive way.

I know electrek do a podcast today, i might jump on there to highlight it again.. im just soo over this process.

I do recall mentioning the long wait time prior march, but they shrugged my concern off "as ramp up just takes time to do"...its 5 months later...but hopefully your letter sticks
And then what? All of a sudden Tesla will give us all the cars that they’ve been hiding from us? The non customer facing managers will feel so much guilt they’ll jump out the window? Elon will publicly apologize and hold a special meeting to give us all the inside production scoop? He’ll let us decide order delivery? We’ll all get free cars?

I fully expect to go from blank EDD since June to Vin with nothing in between in the next 1-6 weeks... but that's quite a range, lol.
Hey config twin! Yes I certainly hope you do get your VIN soon, because that will mean I won’t be far behind :)

My prediction was that you’ll get your VIN first, since you’re on the east coast, but I might get my delivery first since I’m picking up at the factory.

Let’s see how the next few weeks unfold!

When I called and I still had a trade in, they told me they weren't actively refreshing the trade offer because the timeline was still so far out. Maybe you'll get your trade offer soon. They did refresh it within about an hour of me calling though. Might be worth calling since you have a EDD range now.

I was told the same thing by someone on the phone... then an hour later *and for completely unrelated reasons* my SA called after a week of silence and said I was stuck because I didn't have proper pictures. I sent her some because, I mean, sometimes one should just go with the flow.

They also said my build was expected August/September but the way it was worded seemed like canned response. From April 28...
The current ETA for a custom build Model S is more towards August/September

I'm pretty sure it's a uniformly random distribution.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And then what? All of a sudden Tesla will give us all the cars that they’ve been hiding from us? The non customer facing managers will feel so much guilt they’ll jump out the window? Elon will publicly apologize and hold a special meeting to give us all the inside production scoop? He’ll let us decide order delivery? We’ll all get free cars?

Yup. That’s exactly what I expect to happen.

/s

I have a confession to make. The Plaid that I ordered on the 25th was supposed to come late next week. Last night I made the difficult decision to cancel the order.

I agonized over the decision and looked at the pros and cons. On the pro side the car is really beautiful it is insanely fast. It's also got all the hype of being the fastest car in the world. On the con side I've been watching videos of people driving with the yoke and struggling to indicate which direction they were turning. Also, I just started to think that the interior wasn't really up to standards of $140,000 car. In fact the $50,000 between the LR and the plaid started to eat at me a little bit. In the end, I recognized that I drive approximately 200 miles a month when I'm in my home city so my payments of 2000 a month would be $10 per mile. I could of course pay for it in another manner but why turn down money in the 1 to 2% range.
I'm just going to take a deep breath and try not to fall in love with a car for a while but I may put a refundable deposit in for a lucid Grand touring

Not judging your decision good or bad - you do what is best for you and your family.

However, basing it off a few videos of people struggling with the yoke is not reality. Sure, some do struggle but I can say from real life experience (not "kool-aid drinking" as some would say), with 6300 miles on the yoke it is a non-issue. I have not hit one curb, car, tree, garage, pony, etc. Sometimes the buttons annoy me but unlike stalks - the buttons are always at my thumb-tips and are easy to manipulate. Just like a stalk - up is opposite and down is current side signal - the yoke buttons are the same - top is opposite and bottom is current side. Now, I do hit the wiper button sometimes when I do not want to hit it.

Find someone who will let you try it and find out for yourself.

Alright ya mad folk, I’ve caught up on the 40+ pages y’all added while I was busy picking up my Plaid!

The delivery went super smooth, the car was sitting outside in the pickup lot, I did a quick once over and had already completed all payment/paperwork online, so signed a couple DMV papers and was off!

View attachment 692846

Whiplash! I still bang my head every time I floor it with this thing. Eventually I’ll learn or go mad, but the acceleration is such a pleasant thing to have at your disposal. Kind of like having a Lion as a pet because you like to stroke its mane.

Missed grabbing the yoke several times and also need to strengthen different muscles to make it easier and more natural, but overall it’s a cool gimmick.

Ride comfort and noise is great. Only have 70 miles on the car with how busy things have been, but it also got the front plate holder removed and tinted today (70% windshield, 50% front windows, 35% rear windows) and taken out for photos:

View attachment 692847
View attachment 692848
View attachment 692849
View attachment 692850

It feels great to know the car is in the garage and super happy to drive it every time I do.

For my flock (you know who you are 🦚), the sad news is that this car is the exact opposite of peacocking. It’s refined, sophisticated, impressive, and—near as makes no difference—unassuming. No one knows what it’s capable of until you hit the pedal…and then, whiplash 😉

Love the car! Love seeing 19” VINs in the thread! Love/hate @Leodoc growing his club membership! And, love @Maximus023 and @2021plaid checking in on the delivery!
Maybe not in California, but anywhere else THAT’S A TOTAL PEACOCK! 🦚 It’s red and it’s beautiful! Enjoy it and drive it in good health!

Not judging your decision good or bad - you do what is best for you and your family.

However, basing it off a few videos of people struggling with the yoke is not reality. Sure, some do struggle but I can say from real life experience (not "kool-aid drinking" as some would say), with 6300 miles on the yoke it is a non-issue. I have not hit one curb, car, tree, garage, pony, etc. Sometimes the buttons annoy me but unlike stalks - the buttons are always at my thumb-tips and are easy to manipulate. Just like a stalk - up is opposite and down is current side signal - the yoke buttons are the same - top is opposite and bottom is current side. Now, I do hit the wiper button sometimes when I do not want to hit it.

Find someone who will let you try it and find out for yourself.
Or, share your config details and let someone interested in your order know you’re cancelling so they can have a shot at taking delivery soon 😝

Yup. That’s exactly what I expect to happen.

/s
Didn't even know how to respond to that nonsense post either. Some folks here "newbies" just don't get it quite yet!!!

My 1/1/21 order was updated to EDD of June 01 - June 30 around the time Plaid Day was announced. Like many others we were (led to believe by our SA's 🤦‍♂️) that our cars would actually be delivered in the month of June. I for one would not be near as put out with Tesla if they had just been honest even ONE time since 1/1/21!!
1D7BF6CA-8F38-47B4-8B83-10ED6602E856_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited: