Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN, on 19"s! EDD is now Aug 12-18. Monkey, do your thing!

@verdee, I bet we're on the same truck...

Screenshot_20210807-103844_Firefox.jpg

@HumanInput dude your car looks so great man. I love seeing your profile pic every time I come here now. I mean absolutely stunning in that red with light interior, such a classy but energetic look. Damn!
Thanks! It really is a beauty. Love just looking at the car and can’t wait to use it on a 400 mile (each way) trip next weekend. These things, and the LRs in particular, are such amazing all around cars. Refined, fast, and roomy enough for trips and/or kids. The communication during the wait is absolute BS, but it does feel nice once it’s over.

I’m still rooting for more competition with the next cycle though 😁

Tesla no longer matches interest rates. Or may be they are doing it for you just like they are able to make exception for some and tell others to f*ck off.

They're still matching other credit unions and banks as far as I can tell from other posts. They just don't go below the floor of 2.49 if you go through tesla's banks

By the way, I was told the 21" wheels will be delivered with summer tires regardless of location. For those taking delivery late fall/winter in colder climates, be ready to swap them out right away. Stay safe.
Reminds me of my bartending days during college. Every Friday and Saturday night at closing I used to tell drunk patrons "Drive fast and take chances!"

Could you expound on how it was less fun? Was it just more of a hassle?
It made turns, especially sharp corners, a real chore because you can't adjust your hand position upwards. I ended up with my arms nearly crossed over on hairpin turns, which feels extremely awkward. Even just having a bit of room to reposition higher would have helped immensely.

Additionally, the width is nice for cruising, but when the yoke is turned 90 degrees either direction, your arms feel very far apart, which is also awkward.

I ordered a Model S on January 27th. Long Range, Silver, White Seats, Arachnid wheels. Original estimate was March, but the estimate has disappeared and reappeared to be a later date several times. Most recently the estimate said August, but that is gone now too. Tesla contact at my local store said internal tools are showing November now, but I'm holding out hope that it may come sooner.
Really can't afford further delays, as my first kid is coming in December and I need a new vehicle regardless to accommodate a car seat. I've even told them I'd consider upgrading to a Plaid if it meant getting it sooner, but it doesn't appear that those sorts of strings are available for local delivery employees to pull.
We have a 10 month old and i can attest that the MS is great for families. The child seat does not compromise space for the front seat passengers and the stroller fits in nicely in the frunk leaving the trunk for other stuff. Like me, you also made the gutsy decision to go with white seats. Bravo!

I ordered a Model S on January 27th. Long Range, Silver, White Seats, Arachnid wheels. Original estimate was March, but the estimate has disappeared and reappeared to be a later date several times. Most recently the estimate said August, but that is gone now too. Tesla contact at my local store said internal tools are showing November now, but I'm holding out hope that it may come sooner.

Really can't afford further delays, as my first kid is coming in December and I need a new vehicle regardless to accommodate a car seat. I've even told them I'd consider upgrading to a Plaid if it meant getting it sooner, but it doesn't appear that those sorts of strings are available for local delivery employees to pull.
the white seats are your hold up. But my guess is you will be no later than october

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Still no white interior has received a VIN. I'm beginning to lose hope now. This is infuriating. I literally picked the worst combo. This shitt went from no white exterior to no 19s to now no white interior. Hell, people who ordered two weeks ago are getting a EDD and here I am with blank delivery date for over two months. And all because I chose white on white. What a trashy way of doing business. I'll wait for end of quarter and September is all the time Tesla will get from me. After that I am not accepting delivery and will go buy myself a competitor or ICE car. This is not worth it and no, getting your car after being treated like garbage only shows you guys have no self worth and you support Tesla's horrendous way of doing business. I'll be impatiently waiting for the next month and a half.
I don’t understand why everyone keeps saying this. I’ve seen plenty. Here’s a LR white exterior and white interior that was delivered a week or 2 ago:

For @eddiemoy, @aerodyne, and any others looking for interior shots of the cream with wood, here ya go! Please let me know if you’re looking for other angles and I can snap more photos 📸

View attachment 693285
View attachment 693286View attachment 693288View attachment 693289View attachment 693291View attachment 693292View attachment 693293

And, one bonus shot of the trunk as a reminder to set your open height so it doesn’t hit your garage door!

View attachment 693294
Beautiful man! My Red/Cream/Carbon Fiber is supposed to be here on Tuesday. I’ll post the same type of pics for comparison sake.