Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch! And I thought my $10,000 was large…

Yeah, I kind of expected it but maybe not that quickly. I locked in the trade in value and ordered a new LR. I don't expect it to come before my offer expires (early September) but I could get lucky. They do sometimes assign a car to a much newer order for who knows what reason. Either way, $100 is a small gamble.

Anyone want one of these, free of charge? PM if you do. I have 9 available and they are a million times better quality than the Etsy one. They’re 3D printed and 4x1”, but would probably need some painting to get the chrome effect the original has. I’m still waiting for the Billet Badges metal one 😁

7FCA8B35-638A-4FD0-A915-DEEEED5E44F4.jpeg
559882C5-1A16-48DF-AAE4-D55F14CD7EE4.jpeg
0E58AD07-4307-41B0-9044-902CB710D04F.jpeg

This last photo is 2.5X zoom, so normally you wouldn’t see the nozzle marks.

Okay, can confirm this is definitely from the car and when it unlocks for the first time after sitting for a bit (for example, this morning after it was locked overnight). Anyone not experiencing that? @omarsultan @bmt00 @lolachampcar @Ramphex @Hayseed_MS

Maybe I should leave it unlocked in the garage if that’s an expected behavior.
My cars do that--I assume it's the contractor engaging or something when the car wakes up.

Thanks a bunch! I am the guy who asked for the 'door' photos. But, i see i was not clear in my question. What i meant to ask for was a photo from OUTSIDE the car at approximately driver head level. And, would be good if the photo showed the bottom of the opening for the door and the entire top of the opening in the same shot. In order to eyeball about how high the overall opening is. The idea being to get a decent idea of how it compares to Model 3 door opening for ease of ingress and egress. Hope that is clear! You may need to be about 10 feet away from the car to show the entire opening in one photo. And, would be great if you can do that measurement from the ground to the highest part of the opening. this is right in front of B pillar. And please let me know what suspension height the car is set to. Then i can compute the range the height can be from Low to Very High settings. Sorry to be so nitpicky with my request, but just havent been able to see a refreshed S yet! And yesterday, i said that the height from ground to top of door opening was 48.5 inches on Model 3. I remembered wrong. My notes indicate it is 50.5 inches. Please take your time in dealing with my request. many thanks.
Ahhh, okay! An excuse to take more photos, thanks 😉

Where'd you see this?
His instagram

You can see the camcorder on a tripod, so I assume he made a video of it.

Also in the intro to this video

Yup and right here too:

Reactions: Ormond and Tigers
They offered 78K for my 2018 S P100D last week. Earlier this week it fell to 60K and now it's 67K. Their valuation is all over the place.
Have either of you also tried Carvana or Vroom or some other such service? IF yes, were their offers any good? I have a trade in quote form Tesla, but whenever i get a reasonably firm delivery date on my new MS I will also get a quote from Vroom and Carvana. Vroom gave a good high price on my MX a few years ago.

Anyone want one of these, free of charge? PM if you do. I have 9 available and they are a million times better quality than the Etsy one. They’re 3D printed and 4x1”, but would probably need some painting to get the chrome effect the original has. I’m still waiting for the Billet Badges metal one 😁

View attachment 693655View attachment 693656View attachment 693657

This last photo is 2.5X zoom, so normally you wouldn’t see the nozzle marks.
What did the Billet badge set you back? When’s it coming?

Last, but not least, some trunk shots…though I don’t know if these give a good idea of space. I could easily lay down back there (5’9”) if that helps.

View attachment 693635
View attachment 693636

And, as a bonus set of shots, here’s a profile view of the gradient tint starting at 70% on the windshield, 50% front windows, and 35% rear windows/rear view glass.

View attachment 693637View attachment 693638
That's some serious lens flare. JJ Abrams would be proud.
1628391763897.png

So my first longish drive in the LR today, only 100 miles to be fair, on some great roads in scenic parts of CT. It was a delight to drive, unfortunately had Mrs DLCT and daughter number 1 in the car that find the acceleration somewhat vomit inducing which prevented me from taking up some challenges from some very slow BMWs Ms and some loud and obnoxious American muscles ICE’s … v disappointing , if I had been solo would have happily watched them cry in my rear view mirror … next time … the yoke was great through some tight bends ... no issues …

Have to use voice command "dashcam viewer" and it will open. Still not the greatest.

Still not updated to .24? It brings it back. Or the voice command did not work? You either @Hayseed_MS
Can’t get it to work, no matter what command I try to say. It always either toggles the sentry mode, opens the camera view, or says invalid command… I’m on 2021.12.25.5