Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondered who would be the first to see that, yes, $155.00 my wife will be peacocking around! You can judge me if you like, no need for 3 motors here.
Not judging. It’s a $100k car with ~ 670HP/TQ vs a $130k car with 1,020HP/1,050 TQ. Both are expensive and they’re just about identical on the outside. Something just seemed “off” to me and yes, I’m sure others on TMC noticed but nobody cares. You do what makes you & your wife happy. It’s an amazing EV no matter Plaid or LR. Everyone is different. Personally, I don’t re-badge (and some on here have talked about de-badging their cars) but everyone has their reasons. It’s your car…enjoy! 😎

Like I already said, I'm thinking of getting a custom plate that says PLAID on my LR to screw with people.

I'm adding a CF spoiler and that plaid symbol badge from Etsy (the offers here are too high imo).

100% of the 🦚, .05% of the 🦚 price.

"I'm going to tell my future girlfriends that this was a plaid"

Last edited:
For those of you wanting to add the spoiler to the LR, here’s some measurements. Copying @ssv22 and please let me know if other photos would help—also first time using the iPhone’s Measure app and it worked quiet well! Does Tesla install the spoiler for you if you buy it from them?

Measuring the space to the left of the spoiler until the panel gap.
991AAB63-0146-4E82-8DA4-18DF92973374.jpeg

Back window to the top of the spoiler
99984350-2B70-49B8-868D-BBC89731CFFA.jpeg

Corner of the taillight to the corner of the spoiler
869E7DB7-4EA8-40EC-A615-4679521B8E76.jpeg

This one is measuring the space from the top of the T to the bottom of the spoiler, 1/2”
8B382D60-B983-4E1C-BDBA-F64DDBC0E4D0.jpeg

And, of course, some normal photos to see how it should look installed

EB43DC4A-F98C-42CD-9625-B8C5575EC3A1.jpeg
A64AF4AD-A655-4BEB-B220-CB3E7B69C126.jpeg
12FB2DB4-89E6-4E3F-8A9D-9FD299E176E9.jpeg
C611F8AE-099A-46A0-B84D-A51DB039A8A2.jpeg

Really is. The way Tesla does business and treats their customers is absolutely horrible. I can think of any other car company that does it. Competitors can not come soon enough and then Tesla will suffer if they don‘t treat their loyal customers better or news ones like me, who ordered last year. Like I said before, if I don’t get an eta finally by end of month, I am canceling and Tesla will never have a chance at my business again, unless they have a miraculous customer service problem.

We are buying a $80k plus car and the treatment/communication is probably worst in any retail business, especially to an affluent consumer.
Yup! Right there with you. Tesla service is absolute garbage and I hate how some people are being punished for their config and have been waiting for several months whereas others are being rewarded for ordering regular configs. What an assshole way of doing business and spitting on the faces of customers who have been loyal for years. Also I don't know how you guys talk about you'll forget once you get the car. I doubt I will and I will have a rough time buying another one after this shittty azz car buying experience for a six figure car.

For those of you wanting to add the spoiler to the LR, here’s some measurements. Copying @ssv22 and please let me know if other photos would help—also first time using the iPhone’s Measure app and it worked quiet well!

View attachment 694481View attachment 694482View attachment 694483

This one is measuring the space from the top of the T to the bottom of the spoiler, 1/2”:
View attachment 694484

And, of course, some normal photos to see how it should look installed

View attachment 694485View attachment 694486View attachment 694487View attachment 694488

Where'd you buy yours from?

First time poster (Chicago), been creeping on here for a month or two. Black/cream/arachnid/no FSD getting delivered this Friday at 1:00. Absolutely thrilled. First time EV buyer. Ive driven a little bit of everything out there including a few sub 3.0 second cars. Curious to see how this compares. Glad to see the absolutely stellar reviews on YouTube and TMC.

Here is my last few weeks

7/5: ordered Blue/white/21 MS LR after watching initial videos/reaction and seeing/hearing stellar things
removed FSD (No updated price change, to my surprise)
7/19: Had a beer. Watched YouTube. Got impatient ——> $100 deposit for black/cream/21 MS Plaid
8/1: Receive VIN. Get email to complete payment

Now targeting pick up this Friday 7/13 at 1:00. So 3 weeks, 4 days from order to delivery.

For those in Chicago or the north side suburbs - anyone recommend a good PPF shop with fair pricing? Also, does anyone have pics of moderately dark (20%) all around tints on a Black Plaid?
Wait a sec! You have white interior and ordered in July 5th 😱
Woah! Congrats and fucck you!

First time poster (Chicago), been creeping on here for a month or two. Black/cream/arachnid/no FSD getting delivered this Friday at 1:00. Absolutely thrilled. First time EV buyer. Ive driven a little bit of everything out there including a few sub 3.0 second cars. Curious to see how this compares. Glad to see the absolutely stellar reviews on YouTube and TMC.

Here is my last few weeks

7/5: ordered Blue/white/21 MS LR after watching initial videos/reaction and seeing/hearing stellar things
removed FSD (No updated price change, to my surprise)
7/19: Had a beer. Watched YouTube. Got impatient ——> $100 deposit for black/cream/21 MS Plaid
8/1: Receive VIN. Get email to complete payment

Now targeting pick up this Friday 7/13 at 1:00. So 3 weeks, 4 days from order to delivery.

For those in Chicago or the north side suburbs - anyone recommend a good PPF shop with fair pricing? Also, does anyone have pics of moderately dark (20%) all around tints on a Black Plaid?

Are you ****ing with us?! Did you hold Elon hostage? What the mother **** ****ing ****!

Not judging. It’s a $100k car with ~ 670HP/TQ vs a $130k car with 1,020HP/1,050 TQ. Both are expensive and they’re just about identical on the outside. Something just seemed “off” to me and yes, I’m sure others on TMC noticed but nobody cares. You do what makes you & your wife happy. It’s an amazing EV no matter Plaid or LR. Everyone is different. Personally, I don’t re-badge (and some on here have talked about de-badging their cars) but everyone has their reasons. It’s your car…enjoy! 😎
Debadging might be good if you grew up in a weathly family, me I have always been one to innovate. I could have afforded a PLAID, but my wife would have never known the difference, thus the $155.00 upgrade.To anyone with a business you'll understand. To all the other... you will not.
Where did you get the plaid emblem on the trunk?
DUAL MOTOR EMBLEM, remove part of R and T

I will be debadging mine.

For those considering fake Plaiding your car, just know that almost no one cares. Out of the few that will know what Plaid is, those who really know (car enthusiasts) will be able to recognize that you faked it. So you’re left impressing teens and a few non enthusiasts.

I personally laugh at the fake badgers. The M badges on 328i, the fake AMG on C250. I pulled up on a guy with a fake C63 AMG in my real AMG. Revved my engine, guy never looked over, he knew he was busted.

I bought a fake Rolex once, put it once or twice, realized how fake I was and gave it to some friend. Never again. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, Omar. This is very well done. I've never looked at it in MPG/state. It's a clever way of doing it. I was looking for total carbon footprint though....so take into account the mining of materials, etc. The WSJ article, etc seems to have covered it a bit. There were a couple different article that said something to the effect of "once you drive a Model 3 for 13k miles, the carbon footprint equals out and every mile after that, the EV is doing its' part for global warming"...
Thank you

I will be debadging mine.

For those considering fake Plaiding your car, just know that almost no one cares. Out of the few that will know what Plaid is, those who really know (car enthusiasts) will be able to recognize that you faked it. So you’re left impressing teens and a few non enthusiasts.

I personally laugh at the fake badgers. The M badges on 328i, the fake AMG on C250. I pulled up on a guy with a fake C63 AMG in my real AMG. Revved my engine, guy never looked over, he knew he was busted.

I bought a fake Rolex once, put it once or twice, realized how fake I was and gave it to some friend. Never again. 🤷‍♂️
OMG isn't that the most annoying thing lol? No offense to anyone, but THAT is true 🦚 right there. I'm fine with people putting CF spoilers on the LR, that's cool. But the fake Plaid badges aren't.

I love the M badge on the wrong side of a BMW X2, it's like: "THEY DON'T MAKE A X2 M! AND THE BADGE GOES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE VEHICLE! NOT THE LEFT, AND NOT CROOKED!"
Or the fake fender vents that are misaligned and try to poorly replicate a Maserati's. Cannot stop laughing rofl!:)

Last edited: