Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I absolutely could.
My question is why you think that whether people can tell or not matters. Just because you can 'get away with it', doesn't mean you should do it. Just curious my dude.:)
I HATE confrontation online, but this one's got me very curious.
0ABD9487-2C23-4304-B6E0-0948888AEC54.jpeg

99% People here, have no clue even what a Tesla is. Simple Fact! A Models S LR means nothing, A Model S Plaid, means nothing, might as well be the best you can be.
In that case, isn’t the best you can be a LR?

Anyway, I’m out of this discussion. Everyone can do whatever they like. No harm no foul right?

Not necessarily. The Plaid people are trying to blend in by removing the badge. Or they like the look. They aren't exactly trying to be an LR. To my understanding, they're trying to be a MS. The LR people are trying to be a car they are not, by purposely calling attention to their car.
There are MANY examples of people saying they plan to de-badge to avoid the attention of people wanting to race them. Just today, someone said McLaren's avoided them until they de-badged. This is Plaid owners wanting to be seen as LR. I just don't see why this is getting no attention while everyone has strong opinions about LR looking like a Plaid.

BTW, I don't plan to do anything to my car. I said months ago the spoiler is stupid looking with extra drag. I just like to ask questions and troll those who get animated. 🤪

There are MANY examples of people saying they plan to de-badge to avoid the attention of people wanting to race them. Just today, someone said McLaren's avoided them until they de-badged. This is Plaid owners wanting to be seen as LR. I just don't see why this is getting no attention while everyone has strong opinions about LR looking like a Plaid.\

BTW, I don't plan to do anything to my car. I said months ago the spoiler is stupid looking with extra drag. I just like to ask questions and troll those who get animated. 🤪
Again, I was kidding.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
There are MANY examples of people saying they plan to de-badge to avoid the attention of people wanting to race them. Just today, someone said McLaren's avoided them until they de-badged. This is Plaid owners wanting to be seen as LR. I just don't see why this is getting no attention while everyone has strong opinions about LR looking like a Plaid.

They are wanting to be seen as simply 'not a Plaid'. If most people don't know what a Plaid is, they DEFINITELY don't know what an LR is.
Love your attitude by the way @AnselmDante This forum wouldn't be the same without you.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Yes, a Poser; same as the guy in a regular BMW 3-Series who puts one those M3 /// badges on it but following behind him, you notice his 2 small exhaust pipes on the left side only and his std BMW non-upgraded wheels.

Same thing here with the PLAID badge. It’s a bit sad actually. The guy spends > $100k on a brand new Tesla sports sedan which runs 3.0 sec 0-60mph and 1/4 mi in 10.8 sec @ 128mph and isn’t happy with that, so he pretends it’s better and quicker by pretending it’s something else. Call it like

I really wasn't going to judge but not really understanding your logic here ^^^. Growing up wealthy or quite comfortable doesn't equate to debadging nor does what you call "innovate" -- that is pretending you drive a quicker or better or more expensive car by feeling the need to add a badge to a car you're only pretending to drive.

I'm 52 now but grew up in a financially comfortable way (not "wealthy" as I would call it) with my parents owning a jewelry store in MA (although my father was a CPA before the jewelry store). After graduating college, I became a cardiovascular surgical device sales rep for > 20 years and now I own/run my own company in a different industry. Never thought about debadging, but I can understand why people would debadge the MS Plaid (which is currently the quickest production vehicle on the planet) and you're not too interested in street racing every teenager who pulls up next to you in whatever vehicle or every jackass in their Lambo or Porsche on the highway. Now, adding a PLAID badge on a car that isn't the tri-motor MS Plaid, there's really only one reason to do that, right? And like you said, it's NOT for your wife as she doesn't need the extra power nor does she feel the need to impress anyone. It is what it is but no reason to come up with some sort of alternative explanation which doesn't make much sense. BTW -- nobody is questioning what you can or cannot afford. It's not about that.
Growing up ot MA, you would never get it.