Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my first EDD range - my 1149 order was originally September-October - and September had been occasionally showing up. I finally got my first EDD range, and not loving it - December 20 to January 09.
I see folks with white interiors and later RN's getting an earlier range - guess that's life.
On the plus side, I have a solid car in the mean time, and I'm HOPING for a) it being a 2022 b) more bugs being worked out and maybe, possibly c) HW 4.0/revisions?
Would have liked it sooner - and taking the Tesla monkey with a grain of salt - what the monkey giveth, the monkey also taketh away.
Also possible a similar configuration may open up sooner for me.

I finally have a date range, matches what an SA told me after all

Estimated Delivery: October 22 - November 11​

I really do think changing my exterior color from white to red back in April kicked me back in line. But after seeing @HumanInput's car, definitely worth it.
But you know WHITE is the BEST color; Red is a close 2nd though, LOL! 😜 Congrats on the progress!

LR is perforated as well. The Plaid has perforation on bolsters the LR does not.
So, for those seeing a PARKED refresh MS with a CF spoiler and PLAID badge, I suppose the only way to tell IF it's a real PLAID and not LR is to peek in the windows to see if the front seats have the contrast piping. OMG, yeah I do agree that Tesla should've differentiated the two just a wee bit more. Anyhow, complaint time is over...back to being excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and take delivery of our new Model S EVs! 👍 😜

Reactions: Concade1 and Azhar
Until supply outpaces demand, not doing this just throws away money for Tesla. It sucks that they are doing it, but it makes sense for the company. For every customer they alienate, another customer praises how quickly and easily they got their car. Also, for every customer that cancels their discounted price order, another customer buys that car at a higher price.
Ouch!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid