Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont have a VIN yet, But since July 1st I had the blank account. My original estimate was july. Now on my account as of today Aug 10 2021 it is showing.

1628606887983.png

I have a EDD of Aug 24-Sept 7 finally, but got a "virtual orientation" email saying there will be a zoom FAQ next monday, does that mean the date range is actually correct this time? Anyone else got the "virtual orientation" email?

No VIN yet.

Not to spoil online orientation, but here is a slide they will show you...
1628606881395.png

I don't know why people think Tesla is purposely screwing customers with delivery dates. Some interior and wheel choices have just not been available. Plaid has way less in terms of orders, so plaid buyers are getting them more quickly. Region may be a factor. But overall, I don't get like Tesla is going way out of order to prioritize only the expensive cars.
When I reached out to Tesla Owner Loyalty the canned email below is what I received. I see some with RN near me with white interior & CF getting EDDs today. If production to RN process is fair I should see my EDD this week.
1628606862133.png

When I reached out to Tesla Owner Loyalty the canned email below is what I received. I see some with RN near me with white interior & CF getting EDDs today. If production to RN process is fair I should see my EDD this week.
View attachment 694753

Looking at the last 10 pages, it seems the east coast is getting priority so that is good news for you. Mine was blank this morning and then Estimated Delivery: December 16 - January 05 showed up a few minutes ago. I am in Arizona and I see later order dates and higher numbers getting earlier EDD's. I can only surmise that it is do to geography. I am in Arizona. So much for getting a car 2 weeks during the 1st of June. The response you received is probably in response to Sams letter which needed to be said. You want communication, you got it now don't bother ME.

With more analyst saying TSLA is on the way up maybe time to reserve a roadster. It took 5 months to get my 2014 P85, this will be 6 months after changing from Plaid +. Since I am keeping my P85, there is no hurry and it is time to start working the adviser for those upgraded wheels and tires. Good luck on the East Coast, maybe the 4th quarter push for me.

So looking at the spreadsheet (for those trying to see some patterns):

Orders:
  • LR: 299
  • Plaid: 113

VINs:
  • LR: 38
  • Plaid: 29

• Of known wheel size, roughly 50% of LR orders have a 21inch and half have a 19inch on order.
    • For Plaid, it's ~70% have a 21inch wheel order
  • For interior color, ~60% of Plaid are non-white, and potentially no CF (tho some of yall dont specify)
    • For LR: 75% have a non-white interior.
What does all this mean? perhaps tesla is slightly favoring Plaid orders, but based on configs and availability (19inch wheels for example), it actually seems quite fair imo.
I see you mentioned that 50% of LR orders have 21" wheels, and you also inform us that half of the orders have 19" wheels. For the Plaid orders, you tell us 70% have 21" wheels, but you don't mention how many have 19" wheels. Can you find that info? 😇

I see you mentioned that 50% of LR orders have 21" wheels, and you also inform us that half of the orders have 19" wheels. For the Plaid orders, you tell us 70% have 21" wheels, but you don't mention how many have 19" wheels. Can you find that info? 😇

Well about 30% of all orders come with no wheels at all, according to the spreadsheet.