Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys - Good or bad idea time

I take delivery TOMORROW of my Blue/Black Ebony 21 Plaid. I shamefully paid the Tesla $10K tax, and my man parts have shrunk. So -

I have a battery day reservation for a Blue/White CF 21 plaid, that’s $140K out the door including tax. Would it make any sense to take delivery of the car and scalp it for $150-155K, and hence recovering my Tesla tax? It has a EDD of Sept 11 - Sept 30, and I live in Silicon Valley which is a strong Tesla market.

Deep thoughts. Doesn’t seem like much risk, and I recover my Tesla tax, enabling me to recover my man parts.
We have seen people list their new MS for MSRP + profit, but we don’t know if anyone is buying?! maybe a couple here and there.
You run the risk of losing 10k more in addition to the 10k you tossed at Tesla to cut your misery short.
Whatever man parts are left, you are seriously risking them too lol

RN 11517 Plaid/Black/White/CF/21 got it’s first EDD this AM

December 19 - January 08​

Ordered in June post 10k price hike.

M3P I ordered last evening has an Aug 28-Sep 07 EDD; will likely take that for a bit.

@cwanja
White interior and CF, order RN1151, post-price hike, already a December date range whereas those of us who ordered same config in 2020 are being told February.

Not necessarily. I found a Plaid 431 a few weeks back and all the flyovers since have the same cars in there. You would likely need the entire last six digits to tell, but even Omar's delivery event Plaid is 431. I thought someone else posted that they had a 430 and it was fine. 431 seems like a customer hold, hold and then finally releasing it. Odd it lasted through EoQ, but Tesla be Tesla.
Not necessarily. I found a Plaid 431 a few weeks back and all the flyovers since have the same cars in there. You would likely need the entire last six digits to tell, but even Omar's delivery event Plaid is 431. I thought someone else posted that they had a 430 and it was fine. 431 seems like a customer hold, hold and then finally releasing it. Odd it lasted through EoQ, but Tesla be Tesla.

Sign me up for Junior Investigative Team ;)
My VIN is 4319XX (6/3 build per Tesla) and I was told mine was a customer hold that was released after no response from the customer. My EDD keep slippinng a day every day as if it is almost ready.

Because we all seem be here, I'll ask this here. Has anyone posted pros/cons regarding a new M3P vs refresh LR? I tried a simple search and found M3P vs Plaid, but I'm trying to understand the thoughts of someone who has experience with the M3P and LR. Am I by myself in contemplating which vehicle makes the most sense?

@BobbyRitz Probably the M3P and an extra $40 in your pocket makes the most sense. I created a poll yesterday for similar information.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@BobbyRitz Probably the M3P and an extra $40 in your pocket makes the most sense. I created a poll yesterday for similar information.
Thanks. I did see your poll. I was trying to be even more specific with the M3P.

• Informative
I was going to type this up, but held off because of the "well I have seen white interiors so there is no way they are delayed" responses.

Think I have only seen a handful (as in two or three) of white interiors have any sort of date range estimate besides a month in 2022. And it is crazy that 2020 orders are not the ones getting them.
Crazy thing is that there seems to be such a shortage of white interiors being delivered so something must be wrong.
on the other hand, I had no problem getting my entire rear seat replaced due to wrinkles on them.

@cwanja
White interior and CF, order RN1151, post-price hike, already a December date range whereas those of us who ordered same config in 2020 are being told February.
Not for me. Mine are this and next month.

I have a theory, are these EDDs just based on paint and wheel options? Blue cars seem slated for September-ish. Red cars are saying November. Just seeing a trend here.

I don't see anyone putting in orders with white interior getting ealier EDDs than any of us with Q4 2021 or Q1 2022 EDDs for the same config.

What I thing Tesla is doing is streamlining their production to maximize output. Stick with the two options that they saw highest demand for and pump them out, even if it means pushing back early white interior orders. Black and Cream have been churning like crazy cause the materials and machinery are all set. To go and swap in a 3rd interior color option into the production line means they probably have to add inefficiencies into logistics and manufacturing. Hence, white pushed to Q4-21 and Q1-22.

So, it's a combination of padding earnings/profits and actual manufacturing limitations.

I don't see anyone putting in orders with white interior getting ealier EDDs than any of us with Q4 2021 or Q1 2022 EDDs for the same config.

What I thing Tesla is doing is streamlining their production to maximize output. Stick with the two options that they saw highest demand for and pump them out, even if it means pushing back early white interior orders. Black and Cream have been churning like crazy cause the materials and machinery are all set. To go and swap in a 3rd interior color option into the production line means they probably have to add inefficiencies into logistics and manufacturing. Hence, white pushed to Q4-21 and Q1-22.

So, it's a combination of padding earnings/profits and actual manufacturing limitations.

I think they just flat out don't have the parts. No reason to prioritize black interior when white makes them more money.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm turning to the smart folks in this group to see if I'm just seeing things, like a mirage in the desert for a dying man, or if this actually means I have a valid EDD. I was at work all last week and sometime yesterday while I was out of State I got the email below, then I checked my account and I see a 3-week EDD. No VIN however. Based off of those of y'all that have taken receipt of one of the holy grail of cars, would you recommend taking the ding on my credit score and getting my loan and other particulars in place? Or was this a blanket "community" email that many are seeing?
Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
Only start the credit and loan application approval once you are assigned a VIN.

great information that is correct to combat the misinformation about autopilot. It’s something to be noted that EVERY automakers driver assist feature can function WITHOUT ANYONE IN THE DRIVER SEAT. Not just tesla. I know we are all tesla fans in some shape and form but it’s good to have this kinda information as well. Tesla is the leader in tech but there is soooooo much room for improvement across the board.