Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just woke up to a VIN today with an email asking for bank transfer information of money to pay. Shortly after I put in bank information I received an email with pick up date of Friday August 13th. RN #114903### ordered May 5th. VN 5YJSA1E56MF438xxx
Configuration: Long range, White Exterior, Black interior, 21" wheels no autopilot, scottsdale Arizona
I was one of the many with changing dates everyday. Started July 29-August 6th. Day before I got VIN August 12- August 20th
When the up to date did not change for 3 days I got the VIN
In my case it stayed at August 20th for 3 days prior still changing the first date by one day more.
Hope this helps some people as it was frustrating sorting thru some of the posts for a very clear topic.

Side note.....The aftermarket spoilers available are not at all like the new Plaids. RPM bought a Plaid and will be making a copy though. I think deliveries will be quick now so don't waste money on buying someones resell. JMO
Best of luck to alll!

Crazy thing is that there seems to be such a shortage of white interiors being delivered so something must be wrong.
on the other hand, I had no problem getting my entire rear seat replaced due to wrinkles on them.
There’s is no shortage of white interiors, it’s Tesla’s way of shoving CRT down its unsuspecting customers’ throat
Let alert my crazy congresswoman, she is gonna make a lot noise 🙂

Just woke up to a VIN today with an email asking for bank transfer information of money to pay. Shortly after I put in bank information I received an email with pick up date of Friday August 13th. RN #114903### ordered May 5th. VN 5YJSA1E56MF438xxx
Configuration: Long range, White Exterior, Black interior, 21" wheels no autopilot, scottsdale Arizona
I was one of the many with changing dates everyday. Started July 29-August 6th. Day before I got VIN August 12- August 20th
In my case it stayed at August 20th for 3 days prior still changing the first date by one day more.
Hope this helps some people as it was frustrating sorting thru some of the posts for a very clear topic.

Side note.....The aftermarket spoilers available are not at all like the new Plaids. RPM bought a Plaid and will be making a copy though. I think deliveries will be quick now so don't waste money on buying someones resell. JMO
Best of luck to alll!
Friday the 13th, good luck to you too😀

Don’t let anyone see that you believe the yoke is a nonissue. You’ll be called a fanboi and a fool! How dare you not hate it! It’s an “abortion” from what I’ve been told to believe!

Never mind that you’re 6500 miles in and I’m 5100 miles in and find it completely a nonissue. And that there are thousands of cars out there now with no issues. And that there are aspects I actually like about it. That matters not! What matters is that it’s simply wrong and we have no valid opinion, preference, or thoughts when someone knows very clearly how wrong the yoke is and how ignorant everyone that doesn’t mind it is! Even when these people in the know don’t have a car.
OK, let’s admit it. The refreshed S wouldn’t be the highly unique and desirable vehicle that it is without the yoke set up. It’s part of the Elon mystique that keeps us intrigued ( and buying Tesla’s). Of course there are a few other features too. 🤩

For those who have taken delivery of a Tesla recently, and did not finance, WHEN did you pay the balance and what method (How) did you use (personal check, certified check, Wire, etc.)

Edit: When I took delivery of my 3, I used a personal check AFTER my delivery walk-around and inspection.
Put in Banking info when received a VIN and SA says day before delivery they will take it out of my account to pay for it.

Not necessarily. I found a Plaid 431 a few weeks back and all the flyovers since have the same cars in there. You would likely need the entire last six digits to tell, but even Omar's delivery event Plaid is 431. I thought someone else posted that they had a 430 and it was fine. 431 seems like a customer hold, hold and then finally releasing it. Odd it lasted through EoQ, but Tesla be Tesla.

Sign me up for Junior Investigative Team ;)
Me. My VIN is in the 430 range. No real issues to speak of.

Best of luck to alll!

Thanks. Let us know if you buy a spoiler. I plan on it as well (but not a plaid badge, that was just a joke).

More than likely because of this thread it seems they gave everyone an EDD of February then will tweak from there. Underpromise over deliver. I think that's better?

Sucks for the people who order thinking they will have months to figure out payment then get blindsided by a VIN, but that is a hell of a lot better than what everyone here is going through. Probably make of a M3/Y problem than an S though.