Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla noob here picking up black/cream/wood/21 MS Plaid tomorrow morning. Absolutely thrilled, but definitely never experienced a car buying experience like this.

Any tips/tricks/cautions to look out for when accepting delivery? Check can be used on-site to make final payment if I “accept” delivery, correct?
Yes
You really should have been practicing the Tesla grin in the mirror for the last few months. The muscle strain for the ill prepared is rough.

Yea, I know. Fanboi.

Latest from tesla rep:

My apologies for the delay here – there has been a lot of movement going on with your vehicle in regards to what the next steps are.

So first and foremost please know that you and your vehicle are top priority to me, xxxx and the whole service and engineering team. Therefore, we’ve all been working together to make sure we come to a resolution.

They’ve definitely moved in the right direction today and have made some progress. It seems like the reason why the firmware hasn’t been fully successful it’s because we need to replace some of the wiring. All parts have been ordered BUT, I have to be honest – there is no ETC as to when those parts are going to be arriving.

However, please know that as soon as they arrive this is priority and we will get to it ASAP!

Quick question – is your 3rd party asking you to provide insurance by Monday?

Once again, thank you so much. This is by far not the most ideal situation but I truly appreciate your patience here!

(That's some crazy wire that has no ETA)

I've seen many report that they do NOT accept personal checks or cashiers checks. This was my experience as well and on my day of delivery I received a text from Tesla saying just that (no personal checks or cashiers check). I was instructed to pay via their website which uses a system called PLAID to submit payment. The process is easy and you just enter your checking routing number/account number to make the payment.
I've always paid with a personal check after inspecting the car. This time it was problematic but handled gracefully. I'll work on a more acceptable method for my wife's car in the spirit of cooperation but I'm not going to let the tail wag the dog.

So originally my "Manage" page for my MS Plaid order showed 4 sections including my trade-in and payment method. I filled all of that out, including submitting pictures and information on my M3P that I'm trading in. Now that page has changed to just asking me for proof of insurance (but no VIN yet) and a section for documents to review that is not available yet. There is now no mention anywhere I can find about my trade-in, and they never gave me an actual estimate or offer on the trade-in. Does that seem right? Did others have their trade-in information just disappear all together?
I can't tell if you got a response to this yet. But ...

On the page with insurance. Click Completed Tasks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-204537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-204537_Chrome.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Latest from tesla rep:

My apologies for the delay here – there has been a lot of movement going on with your vehicle in regards to what the next steps are.

So first and foremost please know that you and your vehicle are top priority to me, xxxx and the whole service and engineering team. Therefore, we’ve all been working together to make sure we come to a resolution.

They’ve definitely moved in the right direction today and have made some progress. It seems like the reason why the firmware hasn’t been fully successful it’s because we need to replace some of the wiring. All parts have been ordered BUT, I have to be honest – there is no ETC as to when those parts are going to be arriving.

However, please know that as soon as they arrive this is priority and we will get to it ASAP!

Quick question – is your 3rd party asking you to provide insurance by Monday?

Once again, thank you so much. This is by far not the most ideal situation but I truly appreciate your patience here!

(That's some crazy wire that has no ETA)
Maybe they're looking for a "Radio Shack" for the wiring and haven't figured out that Radio Shack went out of business like almost 2 decades ago? 🤔 😜

If you have selected no to trade in previously it may have disappeared give your SA a call and ask him to add that option back
I guess I’ll have to call and ask, but I never said no to the trade in. I added all the information about it including pictures and it said the trade-in offer was pending approval before the screens changed around and now it is gone completely. Weird.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, “folks”…. What do you make of this email I just received from my local service center; specifically the reference to factory notes…. “Run Forest, run…”?

“Your car is still in transit at this time and will be arriving at the Renton service center tomorrow afternoon. It looks like there are some notes from the factory that our service team needs to work on. The earliest we can schedule you is Tuesday August 17.However my system won't let me do so at this time, so bear with me. I will let you know as soon as the car is ready for you! I will be your point of contact.”