Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Till you get that MOE POWAHHH BABEH! I know I would lol!šŸ˜ In all seriousness though, you wouldn't feel it down low. It would be more up top after 80 or so.
Honestly, even the LR is fast enough for me. I'd prefer Tesla focus more on quality and comfort, in that order. Get quality under control, then start adding in parity luxury features like massaging seats. What can we do to get Elon excited about massaging seats?

Till you get that MOE POWAHHH BABEH! I know I would lol!šŸ˜ In all seriousness though, you wouldn't feel it down low. It would be more up top after 80 or so. And I doubt the current Plaid has 1200 in it. I could see 1100, but 1200 is more extreme. 4680s will do that deed.
Yea that makes senseā€¦ down low, the torque is already too much for the car to handle without electronics. Thereā€™s a reason Tesla doesnā€™t let us turn off traction control.. Good thing the car has amazing technology.

Yea that makes senseā€¦ down low, the torque is already too much for the car to handle. Thereā€™s a reason Tesla doesnā€™t let us turn off traction control.. Good thing the car has amazing technology.
Exactly. It's all about tires. After 80 to 100, that's when the cars can really let all that power loose. That's the main difference between the Plaid, and something like the Nevera.šŸ™‚

Reactions: impastu and Drew-MS
Exactly. It's all about tires. After 80 to 100, that's when the cars can really let all that power loose. That's the main difference between the Plaid, and something like the Nevera.šŸ™‚
When Brooks was at the track with the blue plaid and the Nevera, I was surprised to hear him say the Nevera doesnā€™t hit hard like the Plaid does when you stomp it. Of course, once the Nevera starts moving, he said itā€™s unbeatable.

When Brooks was at the track with the blue plaid and the Nevera, I was surprised to hear him say the Nevera doesnā€™t hit hard like the Plaid does when you stomp it. Of course, once the Nevera starts moving, he said itā€™s unbeatable.
The Nevera might still have some tweaking to be done before it can launch as hard. That, or they purposely nerfed the power/torque from zero to save the drivetrain from destroying itself under the near-2000hp.

The Nevera might still have some tweaking to be done before it can launch as hard. That, or they purposely nerfed the power/torque from zero to save the drivetrain from destroying itself under the near-2000hp.
My thoughts as well. Additionally, it wasn't making the full 1400 kw, it was only making about 1220 kw (~1600 hp). They're not done with the car yet. Especially because they quote a 9.3 second 0-186 mph time, and right now, it is absolutely not doing that. This is a low 8 at mid to high 170s or low 180s trap car.

Last edited:
There are several choices that have the spiciness and aroma that the best US rye has. I donā€™t count Canadian rye because it lacks definite rye character.
The Scotch whiskies that come closest, imho, are: Talisker Storm, Aberlour Aā€™bunadh, and if you really want one that epitomizes smooth, spicy and aroma Glenfarclas 25.
There are really rare ones, but that is another subject.
The Glenfarclas 25 is the Model S Plaid of spicy Scotch whisky. It has been made by the Grant family since 1865, with close connections to the Smithā€™s of Cragganmore and the now generic
Smithā€™s Glenlivet. Glenfarclas, though maintains the family tradition.

If you like Old Forester Kentucky Straight Rye or other higher rye content whiskey, youā€™ll might be surprised by those Scotch.

There are some Japanese excellent ones for deep rye lovers, but that is another story.

One you should try, if you ever could, is Murreeā€™s 20 year old. That one is from a company that dates to 1865, incredibly from Pakistan. When I lived in Iran and Yemen we used to give Murreeā€™s lesser versions to those who wanted rye, which we did not have at the time.

but, I ramble. If I ever get my Plaid I will imbibe a Glenfarclas 25 or perhaps something different.
I like Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye, High West Double Rye Old Fashioned Barrel Select, Spirit Works Single Barrel Select Rye, and Knob Creek 2009 Cask Strength Rye to name a few. How does that work for your suggestions?

I am also not a fan of wet stale ash tray aroma (peaty) which is also what smoke tainted wines smell and taste like.

Last edited:
@sandman1330 Sorry this took so long - finally got a chance to get pictures and post them. I hope you didn't give up, while I was taking so long! My kiddo is an aspiring automotive photographer, and wanted to get "good" pictures...

By the way, that right front corner, the hood right over the headlight, is the worst panel gap I had. (It looks better in person, without the shadows!) I can live with that...View attachment 701808View attachment 701809View attachment 701810View attachment 701811View attachment 701812

Yup and you know Tesla would only release a Roadster thatā€™s faster than the Remac.

Congrats ! The blue looks very nice. So do you prefer the look with the Aerocaps on or off ? Iā€™ve been driving around with 2 caps on and 2 off. Still undecided lol
I'm also torn, tbh. If the lobster forks were just a half shade darker, I'd be all in for leaving the covers off. Not sure it's worth getting them painted/powder coated, though - but just my opinion. I'll probably just go with the covers on.

Believe me, you can tell the difference. Especially as it was coming head on, and the lower fascia just looks like it is grabbing the road. Another good way to tell it is the openings of the lower intake. On the pre-refresh, it's like: \______/. On the refresh, the direction of the openings is like: /_______\. Once you see it, you will be able to tell. Additionally, the fog lights are significantly smoothed over similar to a M3 or Y, and they don't have the 'clutter' that the old cars did.
Stopped by Mt Kisco shop yesterday and they had a blue LR and MSM Plaid on the lot. The front end is šŸ”„šŸ”„. Reminds me of an Aston Martin. The blue looks rich and fabulous in the sun...made me second guess my MSM choice.

Alright folks, I just got back from the Colma store where my white/CF order landed earlier today.

The delivery team reached out to me by text message to schedule the delivery tomorrow, which coincides with my MSM/wood delivery ("when it rain, it pours", right?), but they were kind enough to let me stop by this afternoon to see the white/CF in person.

Here are some initial impressions:
  • The build quality is pretty good, which validates the MF439xxx series others have seen
  • There were only 6 miles on the odometer - this car was shipped to Lathrop, then to Colma after I reserved it
  • Panel gaps were not perfect, but pretty decent and I didn't see major misalignment in the trunk or frunk
  • Trunk bits (privacy shelf and "down below" covers) are missing, as reported elsewhere - sounds like a factory parts shortage
  • The yoke worm/vein was definitely present, though not too bulging - definitely noticeable
  • There were some residue marks along the center console, and either nicks or glue residue on one of the door handles
  • The carbon fiber trim is the main reason why I wanted to go see it in person, and I'll post my impression in a subsequent post shortly
In the meantime, here are some general photos for you to enjoy:

View attachment 701838
@MarcG Thank you for this picture and the details it brings

In no way this tire is an AS it is simply summer
This tire does not have the Mud and Snow (M+S) label

It is a PZ4 Elec from the PZero range

It has your Department of Transportation - USA (DOT) approval number and also the one assigned by the Dutch authorities (E4)

This is the first white I have seen with 19's. I would love to see some good photos of your car from the side showing those wheels. I would also love to see some photos without the wheel covers. Please??
Here you go... Also side by side with the 21"

Attachments

• IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5322.jpeg
    IMG_5322.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5326.jpeg
    IMG_5326.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 71