Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to dig this up. But does the 3 and Y behave the same way? Or are the vent positions saved? Those who have or had a 3 / Y.
3 and Y definitely don't. The vent positions are saved to the current profile as you change them. They do shut off the passenger side though if no one is there. I think that's what @Hayseed_MS was referring to.

I have an LR order due in late October-nov and tbh I feel like if that was here now I’d take it over my plaid.

I have a white/black/cf plaid set for delivery and I’m deciding between keeping it and selling once my Lr comes or passing on it all together and being Tesla-less until mine comes.
It’s a hard decision. I have never driven a Plaid so I can’t really speak from experience but from research, there isn’t much more to the Plaid than the LR other than power. LR is plenty fast for any practical use and I’m not planning on tracking or racing all the time so I would never take advantage of the power the Plaid offers.

With that being said if I got the Plaid first, when I was supposed to, I would keep it and sell my LR. Being in the LR for a month, I just can’t justify the price difference for the Plaid, where before I wouldn’t have known any better and just kept the Plaid.

If no one wants my Plaid by the end of today, I’m going to email them to cancel my reservation.

Hey are you available to write a speech for me? 😊 Purchased as you did in 17 and felt like I was nuts to spend so much on a car and then even pondering about Plaid! Thats what driving Tesla's will do to you! GREAT POST!!
Haha thanks...pretty sure I was drunk that night and just dumped my thoughts. Appreciate the compliment...now back to the regularly scheduled refreshing of the account page several times an hour.

Yes. That is what they told me when I questioned it. I still jumped the line though. I'm happy I got my car but a bit of guilt about those that I passed in line.
It’s all about the Benjamins lol. Why would they pay a transport to another location to make someone happy if they can match it to someone at the same location, who might’ve ordered 6 months after another guy, and lose $0

3 and Y definitely don't. The vent positions are saved to the current profile as you change them. They do shut off the passenger side though if no one is there. I think that's what @Hayseed_MS was referring to.
I thought it was the vent positions. That’s why I included his post. ‘Vent settings’ would be vent positions, in my opinion. But I know he also complained about the passenger vent not turning on. Either way, BOTH should be saved.

I am glad to hear that vent positions saved. Do the Model S save those? Any owners?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Cars typically have a resonant frequency around 200Hz because of their cabin dimensions. Although there is no frequency marker on the EQ sliders, it is likely the bass slider. This range typically needs reduction, but you have it maxed. Hard to know if Tesla notch filtered it out, but this could be the source of why you think the bass was crapping out in certain ranges. Also adding boost to every slider is counter productive. I would recommend taking the bass slider down close to 0 and trying again.
This. I often had a hefty boost below 200hz and a notch at 200hz to try and balance out the low end in my BMWs. Always looked funny on the system EQ but it works. I often toy with the idea of setting up my SMAART rig in the car and see what it takes to tune a system flat, and then work from there. Maybe I'll try it with this car.

Also, FWIW, the model Y had a definite break in period. It sounds quite good now. Also its very finicky with what you put into the system.

I thought it was the vent positions. That’s why I included his post. ‘Vent settings’ would be vent positions, in my opinion. But I know he also complained about the passenger vent not turning on. Either way, BOTH should be saved.

I am glad to hear that vent positions saved. Do the Model S save those? Any owners?
My vent positions save, I never change profiles as I’m the only one who drives my car though. The only change is for the Easy Entry. When there are no passengers, whether front or back, it automatically turns off those vents.

I don't have PPF on my 2018 and haven't noticed much at all (aside from a few tiny specs you need to be up close to see). I intend to put front mudflaps on my car to protect the rear panels when it shows up, but other than that I intend to stay the same. Has the paint gotten more delicate in the past few years?
I think there are a couple of reasons:
1)The rear of the car is wider putting that area directly in the path of chips thrown by the front tires.
2) unlike previous gens, the wheels of this car are much more flush so the wheel arches are not able to provide that much protection.
They might look ugly, but i highly recommend mud flaps. I don’t think ppf will hold on for long given the barrage of chips.

Before delivery tomorrow I was hoping someone would know what these two things mean. I would like to double check whatever they were since fit and finish seems suspect on so many of our S' as of late:

1: NC: X LGT TO QTR FLUSH
2: B&R

tempImagewTvYZ0.png
tempImageILXtY1.png

My vent positions save, I never change profiles as I’m the only one who drives my car though. The only change is for the Easy Entry. When there are no passengers, whether front or back, it automatically turns off those vents.
Perfect, appreciate it. Then that lends to @2021plaid point - @Hayseed_MS must have been after the passenger on / off setting. Thanks for that.

• Love
I contacted Tesla for an update on what they had decided to do regarding deliveries that were supposed to have occurred in Paramus, as I figured 24 hours would be enough time for them to formulate a plan (maybe not have it in place, but at least have an idea of what actions they intend to do). I was told (presumably by a call center worker) that they'd contact me with updates. When I told him that I was calling HIM for updates, he stammered for a few and told me they don't know. Kinda feels worse than me not knowing, is them not knowing...

Have a good holiday weekend everyone, (if your specific geographic area is indeed celebrating this weekend). I think I'm gonna sign off for the long weekend and just enjoy the time, as being here just has me worrying too much, and that's not good for you. If I hear anything else, I'll let you all know. Cheers all! 🍻

It’s all about the Benjamins lol. Why would they pay a transport to another location to make someone happy if they can match it to someone at the same location, who might’ve ordered 6 months after another guy, and lose $0
It was actually still at Fremont when I got my VIN. I think I may have finally found out the real reason my car was delivered 2-1/2 months after its build date. It has been repainted. I saw another Plaid with a VIN that was only 25 later than mine and the paint was really thin. It ranged from 2.5-3 mils thick. Mine is 4 mils in the door frames but 7 to almost 8 mils over all of the outside surfaces. The paint looks great and I see that as a bonus.

I would not try to “precut” a hood. My detailer says even though they have templates, they custom cut the hood to wrap it around the edges and corners for seamless look.
Actually I did a precut on my wifes Y earlier this year. The precut I requested (and received) was made in a manner that it was designed to wrap around all edges, and it did. Took a very small amount of stretching on the sides (and I mean just ever so slight), but there was plenty to wrap around all edges fully. Key was plenty of soapy (baby shampoo worked) solution in the spray bottle being used at all times, using the good stiff squeegee that was supplied, great lighting, patience, and lots and lots of squeegeeing to get as many air bubbles/pockets out to the edge/then out from the edge before wrapping around the edge. All in all it wasnt bad. (there were a few small leftover bubbles on the edges that I failed to see before wrapping around but I used a hypodermic needle to angle horizontally to pop those).

So I'd do a hood again.

Oh, I used this seller for the sheet.

Nope, my appointment is not until Sept 3! Will keep you guys posted! :)
Quick update: went in for the appointment today, the guy at the SC was extremely nice and took time to go through every issue in detail and sat in the car to hear out the rattling noise issues and motor whine. He said it would have driven him insane lol We will have to wait and see if they're going to be able to fix all the issues or giving me the dreaded "within specs" BS...

Got a M3LR as a loner, which is much preferred over Uber credits :)
Also, does anyone know if there's a mileage limit on the loaner? Don't think I'll plan to drive it that much but in case I need to make a quick road trip...