Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn this sucks, hopefully it won't cause Tesla to start limiting who can own a Plaid:
https://fox13news.com/.../fhp-2-dead-3-injured-after-man...

View attachment 705270

People have been demonstrating poor judgement in cars forever (and I am sure before cars, there were horses)--if you are ever bored, spend some time on the SubReddit https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/. Unless the cars are shown to be intrinsically unsafe, I'd not expect anything beyond crappy press coverage.

We have one 8’ and one #LongAss connector. Also have a 8’ black “reward from a while back” still in the box. People with long corded connectors you can get a garden hose holder and it works great

View attachment 705273View attachment 705272
Very nice set up you have. I think your garage is nicer than my living room. And love that yard Too. You know how to treat your babies!

I'm a late comer to the Plaid train here. Originally wanted the Plaid plus but.... I saw on Youtube that there were Plaid cars popping up on the "available now" page. I lucked out and grabbed a red with Black walnut interior. I originally wanted carbon fiber as that is what both of my other cars have but this didn't look too bad. Asked the SA if there was one I could see in person and was told no. None were available. I asked to his thoughts on the qulity coming off the line. He did NOT paint a good picture which really lowered my expectations. He told me I could reject the car when I saw it if I didn't like it and the deposit could be transferred to a different one (model s that is, not to any other model).

Received a call from the SA for the delivery appointment to my house. I'm trading in my Model X and they would drop off the car and drive back the Model X. As my wife wanted to see a blue colored car (just for color comparison) I asked if I could do the delivery at the factory. He said OK. I also asked if I would have the ability to see the inside of the car before I did the acceptance. He said no. No one would be there as it is a touchless delivery. I didn't like that.

Then I said, so if you are delivering to my house, someone is driving the car to me and it would be open....... right?
He said, yes, that would work (loophole).

So now I'm waiting between 9-6 pst for the delivery today. Trying to get this better defined.
More data once I have it.

RN115557757
VIN 5YJSA1E63MF43XXXX
I was thinking of changing my x for the S, any hesitation on the “smaller” car?

0C12DDB9-5750-4990-B95A-33A81146C966.jpeg

Oh hey look what showed up in my driveway today! Full write up to come, but for now I’m enjoying the drive - went through @MarcG ’s whole big 50-some item checklist and had NO problems (aside from missing the trunk covers and floor mats, which they said will come as soon as they receive them). One thing though, I did notice a new-part inventory sticker on the passenger seat, as if it was replaced prior to delivery. Perhaps they are taking QA inspections more seriously now pre-delivery?

View attachment 705308
Oh hey look what showed up in my driveway today! Full write up to come, but for now I’m enjoying the drive - went through @MarcG ’s whole big 50-some item checklist and had NO problems (aside from missing the trunk covers and floor mats, which they said will come as soon as they receive them). One thing though, I did notice a new-part inventory sticker on the passenger seat, as if it was replaced prior to delivery. Perhaps they are taking QA inspections more seriously now pre-delivery?
Wohoo! Congrats man, she looks gorgeous - impressed to hear there were basically no issues!

View attachment 705308
Congratulations 👏 looks absolutely gorgeous

That’s your Plaid you just canceled? How does it feel? Regrets?
Yea it was the Plaid. I posted it here for anyone who wanted to take my reservation but no one showed much interest. If I didn’t have the LR for the past month, I would’ve definitely taken the Plaid. But after the past month, I can’t imagine what the Plaid has for the price mark up over the LR. I don’t track so that extra horsepower wouldn’t do much for me. Now someone else can move up in line and be happy with my config :) I’ll keep my LR for the next 5-8 years.

PS: would be cool if someone on here got my car, here’s the VIN

DA5804A3-CBB6-4E2B-88F9-21E71F3E2FEC.jpeg

So I went out for a drive today and as I was snapping some photos of the front I noticed a crease right above the Tesla logo 😭

I‘m pretty sure I did when mistakingly closing the frunk by pressing in the middle. That’s how I did it in previous car all the time.

Anyways, has anyone experienced this and got it repaired? I’m super upset since the car has barely even seen any daylight and doesn’t even have one scratch. What a flawed design. Ugh!

Have we discussed this yet? Delivery unrelated.

Yes:
Damn this sucks, hopefully it won't cause Tesla to start limiting who can own a Plaid:
https://fox13news.com/.../fhp-2-dead-3-injured-after-man...

View attachment 705270

People have been demonstrating poor judgement in cars forever (and I am sure before cars, there were horses)--if you are ever bored, spend some time on the SubReddit r/IdiotsInCars. Unless the cars are shown to be intrinsically unsafe, I'd not expect anything beyond crappy press coverage.
Absolutely agree here with @omarsultan.

So I went out for a drive today and as I was snapping some photos of the front I noticed a crease right above the Tesla logo 😭

I‘m pretty sure I did when mistakingly closing the frunk by pressing in the middle. That’s how I did it in previous car all the time.

Anyways, has anyone experienced this and got it repaired? I’m super upset since the car has barely even seen any daylight and doesn’t even have one scratch. What a flawed design. Ugh!
@Maximus023 Try a Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) person in your area. I once dropped a plastic container on my car and put a huge dent in it. Paint wasn't cracked or chipped. For $100, the PDR person got it back to being as good as new. Seriously, same for door dings and such. Google it.

No cite, personal experience. The USB stick I have with .flax files played fine in my Model 3, but shows loading errors on every song in my Model S.
That is odd. I'm having no problems with the USB that played FLAC in my Y (still does), and also works fine in the new MS. I loaded about 200 GB of Flac files yesterday to a new USB, and it is also working fine with the new MS. It obviously is something that is causing a problem. What software version is your MS on now?