Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just took delivery of the new MS LR 19” wheels today. As many of you have noted, Tesla is delivering cars without floor mats, trunk load floor mats, and summer tires but you just have to flag it and they will provide a due bill for you to get all of the mats and all season tires once available. Has anyone noticed the side view mirrors being loose? Maybe I am picky but it seems like objects appear jittery in the mirrors even at slow speeds. Aside from this the finish on the car is excellent compared to the last versions. Panel gaps and trim all appears to line up. The most noticeable difference (aside from yoke and landscape screen lol) is how quiet the cabin is. Even without the ANC you almost can tell the different between when the car is in motion/parked…really impressed so far! Just need the software update now so I can actually turn the subwoofer up!! Cheers
Congrats, dude! :)So happy for you, tho pissed that my MS LR EDD is way out to late Oct-Nov. We WILL need pics and a full write up of your driving impressions and esp since you're on the 19"s. Draggy??
Got an ETA on the ANC anyone???

I pity the buyer of my S70D from 2015. When they look at 'the' manual, they are going to wonder how to operate the stalks, when no stocks are present in the latest online manual. Shoot, just shopping for the older cars has to be a bit of internet archeology. Are the older manuals archived somewhere?
I would be curious what manual loads from your My Tesla account. There is this link for an older one, but older than your car. So they need something in between.

Last edited:
v10 is supposed to be released this coming Friday and the button will be in v10.1 which is about 2 weeks later.
I am giving Tesla/Elon 4 more years to get their sh!t together and deliver on FSD , that’s when my kids will start driving (if I can let them)
Past that, I’m suing Tesla with @eipi10 and would want my 16k back along with interest

Ha. Admittedly I am a craft beer sn

Ha. Admittedly, I am a craft beer snob. We’re lucky in S FL to have many local craft breweries in our area so my buddies and I like to enjoy them. Not into IPA’s but I like ales, strong ales, porters, stouts, farmhouse ales, ciders, Oktoberfest & other German/Austrian beers, etc.
Just got back from FLL. Funky Buddha all the way.

Maybe a dumb question, but why wouldn't delivery center upgrade you to at least current? They detail/inspect/etc... just seems weird not to IMO
The mothership decides when your car gets updated. It’s pushed out over the air, not on a handheld scanner at the service center.

Why? Just curious. You think it’s too dangerous (even if you’re paying attention if/when you need to take over) until FSD is 100% perfected for the common public driving Teslas?
No, because it’s been cited as “coming soon” for years. The “beta button” was supposed to be out “in two weeks” six months ago, etc. Same for V10 that didn’t come out last Christmas…. It will come when we it doesn’t, but unlikely in “two weeks”.

No, because it’s been cited as “coming soon” for years. The “beta button” was supposed to be out “in two weeks” six months ago, etc. Same for V10 that didn’t come out last Christmas…. It will come when we it doesn’t, but unlikely in “two weeks”.
Gotcha. So basically Elon is running his mouth again and making promises he & Tesla cannot keep; so basically he’s full of sugar…again…for a change! 🤔😜

What is yoke worm?
What is believed to be a molding issue in the airbag cover in the center of the steering yoke.
Has anyone one had it repaired yet?

Attachments

• IMG_9344.jpeg
    IMG_9344.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 49
That is a matte ppf?
Looks great! Stealth PPF? I want stealth PPF but my wife is leaning toward vetoing. If these are stealth (and not a weird morning or dusk lighting effect), your pics may help my cause. Thanks in advance!
Yep, it’s the Stealth version of Xpel Ultimate Plus. You guys like it?