Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have LR MS on order, and order page had been showing estimated delivery Dec - Jan. However, now my order page provides no delivery date (have checked through all the various links). Anyone else experiencing this issue or know what is going on?
That happens. Give it a day (maybe two) and see if your dates jump to something new.

After 8+ months of wait, my Model S "Nera" was finally delivered to pair with my wife's "Bianca".

The last few days of the process were a complete 180 from the preceding 8 months: My Tesla SA was very responsive at taking care of last-minute changes (adding a loan and quickly addressing the 2k discount).

The delivery was scheduled with a text message directing to a web page that let you pick a date and time.
The delivery happened on time, and the car is mostly flawless: there are some small paint imperfections, but everything else (both inside and out) is perfect.
Driving with a yoke is a non-issue, and so is changing direction with the screen.

Having driven a Model S for 8 years, I wasn't completely blown away by the car like in 2013.
Having said that, the interior is vastly improved and so is the acceleration.

As many have said, it was worth the wait.
Bravissimo!!

What is believed to be a molding issue in the airbag cover in the center of the steering yoke.
Has anyone one had it repaired yet?
Search “airbag dash seams” and find the long list of complaints and concerns about various automakers cosmetically flawed seams from where the airbag emerges to save your life.

Additionally, newer manual was released. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

Comparison here https://draftable.com/compare/cJCLnCGkJOCs

TLDR: they added a few new sections (nothing ground breaking). But one section bumped the page numbers from 50 and beyond. So it looks like a lot. It is definitely not.
Thanks for the post. The new owner's manual shows "2021+" on main page so now can say for sure this is for refresh only.

Frosty :)

680631BB-E34A-4827-BE0F-CEEFE301DDC6.jpeg

Nobody seems to be complaining about the yoke anymore? Much ado about nothing?
I don’t know why it was ever an issue for all the people that complained prior to actually using it. Took a bit to get used to, especially the turn signals, but it is what it is lol, can’t say anything bad about it.

It takes a little getting used on slow and sharp turns, but I like the way it points/drives in general. As for the buttons, I may be an outlier, but I really like the way the turn signals work and where they are. I'm still having to think more about the horn, but I don't use it much anyway.