Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True, but these colors are those of the most successful Italian soccer team (although this year I don't expect much after CR7's departure)
AFC Richmond is the team to beat! Ted Lasso has done amazing things since becoming coach! And player newly turned assistant coach Roy Kant? “He’s here! He’s there! He’s every f-ing where!!“ ⚽

Last edited:
Has everyone who took delivery looked underneath their front bumper with great detail? I really didn’t, but after looking at my PPF under the front lip to see how it was curing (a different event of its own) I noticed some scratching and scuffing in the lip and plastic cover/diffuser :(. I reported it to Tesla through service appointment asking for replacement of the front bumper and diffuser. The appointment is scheduled but no estimate of repair there yet. I’ve had the car for just over a week when noticing this and I have not hit anything or even come close to bottoming out. I’m quite meticulous when it comes to taking care of my cars.

Attachments

• 0EF4D634-B2A3-429B-A5B4-A3D6048835C5.jpeg
    0EF4D634-B2A3-429B-A5B4-A3D6048835C5.jpeg
    362.6 KB · Views: 86
Has everyone who took delivery looked underneath their front bumper with great detail? I really didn’t, but after looking at my PPF under the front lip to see how it was curing (a different event of its own) I noticed some scratching and scuffing in the lip and plastic cover/diffuser :(. I reported it to Tesla through service appointment asking for replacement of the front bumper and diffuser. The appointment is scheduled but no estimate of repair there yet. I’ve had the car for just over a week when noticing this and I have not hit anything or even come close to bottoming out. I’m quite meticulous when it comes to taking care of my cars.
Probably happened when the loaded or unloaded it from the truck.

Yep. Have seen this a couple times now. Added to the list to hunker down and look at front and back bottoms now too. Hope they fix it for you for free. That’s definitely one issue that’s better caught before leaving. Frustrating for sure.

Very nice. I like the original thought you put in deciphering the Tesla EDD protocol. I wish they had a policy of only hiring either left-handed or right-handed pizza makers that will eliminate half of the problem we face.
I am sure they can’t do that. That would be called physicality based discrimination! I don’t like it any more than you do, but…

Think another member recently posted this problem on delivery too. However, I would only ask them to fix it if it really bothers you. You have to consider that if they replace your bumper, you’ll risk other parts not aligning correctly (ie. headlights and fender gaps - at least one other member complained about this after Tesla replaced their bumper). If you can’t see it unless you have your head below the bumper, I would just leave it alone. Plus scratches like those are eventually going to happen, especially if you always drive around in low suspension setting. Of course if it bothers you or is visible from the front, then ask them to fix it now.

Think another member recently posted this problem on delivery too. However, I would only ask them to fix it if it really bothers you. You have to consider that if they replace your bumper, you’ll risk other parts not aligning correctly (ie. headlights and fender gaps - at least one other member complained about this after Tesla replaced their bumper). If you can’t see it unless you have your head below the bumper, I would just leave it alone. Plus scratches like those are eventually going to happen, especially if you always drive around in low suspension setting. Of course if it bothers you or is visible from the front, then ask them to fix it now.
I would just leave it be... Not worth the hassle and risk, IMHO.

The horn is the one thing I am not sold on either but never really use it.
I really needed it in a hurry yesterday. By instinct I pressed the airbag center of the yoke. By the time I remembered the horn button it was too late. This is the only serious problem with the yoke IMO.

I have LR MS on order, and order page had been showing estimated delivery Dec - Jan. However, now my order page provides no delivery date (have checked through all the various links). Anyone else experiencing this issue or know what is going on?
@Congo Line : First, why NOT the Dance??
Second, yes, v common issue to have EDD go blank. Not to worry. Mine was blank for ages till I got a EDD last mo. It just seems to be one of an assortment of random inputs on the EDD from the Mothership. It's meant simply to F*ck w us, imo!

I'd agree but it is a too regular irregular curve to be a rando wire (IMO).
Embedding a wire into the surface of the material that bursts serves no purpose and would make no sense.
It is more likely a designed burst point and shaped that way to optimize the proper deployment shape.

@HX_Guy just ran some Draggy runs in his LR with NINETEENS 21" Twin Turbine wheels, and got a 130 mph trap! Also recorded 60-130 as well! For anyone interested in his thoughts on the run, or any other details, head over to the Dragy Times For LR and Plaid thread!
Here are his 1/4 mile results:

60-130:

Last edited: