Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect your reading comprehension is low, so I'll try to dumb it down for you.

1) Regen is not the same thing as one pedal driving. (You keep reverting back to talking about regen.)
2) OP claimed Tesla was a leader in one pedal driving. (I only pointed out a single example to show that Tesla was not the leader here. There may be others.)
3) Tesla is not a leader in one pedal driving. (Did that help? If not, go back and read without the parentheticals, as they may have confused you.)
Wow, I hit a nerve. When you start insulting someone's intelligence, you've lost the argument.

I'll dumb it down for you too:

One pedal driving is decelerating or accelerating using one pedal. Coming to a complete stop is an enhancement to this process. I guess in your world, every time someone improves upon an existing concept, they are now the creator of said concept.

The original poster said Tesla is a leader for using one pedal driving. ALL of their cars have it as a default function. They have been doing it since 2008. Telling the original poster they are wrong, because BMW added to the concept, makes you wrong.

Did that help? If not, go back and read as it may have confused you.

Personally, just set it to automatic and then adjust it when you enter / exit a driveway that has a dip? And then it geocodes that location.
Yup.. I learned the hard way a few days ago. The suspension was set on low and then it didn't adjust higher when I was pulling into a parking spot with a cement divider. A few very minor scratches under the front bumper. Touch up paint ordered lol.

Wow, I hit a nerve. When you start insulting someone's intelligence, you've lost the argument.

I'll dumb it down for you too:

One pedal driving is decelerating or accelerating using one pedal. Coming to a complete stop is an enhancement to this process. I guess in your world, every time someone improves upon an existing concept, they are now the creator of said concept.

The original poster said Tesla is a leader for using one pedal driving. ALL of their cars have it as a default function. They have been doing it since 2008. Telling the original poster they are wrong, because BMW added to the concept, makes you wrong.

Did that help? If not, go back and read as it may have confused you.

All I have to say is everyone else worked to refine the concept of one pedal driving. And I'm sad its still not the default on every EV.

Medium and let the auto dampening go back and forth between medium and low. Was in a recent test drive with another member and the suspension was raising (or lowering) for ride comfortability.

It takes maybe 10 seconds? Not even? Depends on if you are going from low to very high (four "slots") or medium to low (only two "slots")
Okay, so just to make sure I understand:

1. 10-15 ft before parking lot, set ride height to medium.
2. once I’m in parking lot, set ride height to low.
3. Park car and carry out activities
4. Drive out of parking lot and it will automatically switch back to medium, then once leaving it will automatically switch to low?

I found this quote:

This is from an article here:

What IS 'one-pedal driving' in an electric car?

So it looks like you are incorrect. Tesla was indeed a leader here. BMW copied their innovation about 5 years later.

It looks like the Chevy Bolt was the first car to use one pedal driving to come to a complete stop.

One pedal driving is decelerating or accelerating using one pedal.
If that's your argument, sure. But it's a darn silly one you keep using to try to "win" this argument. If you can't get from your house to the local convenience store, no matter how close by it is, without using the brake pedal, you aren't "one pedal driving."

One pedal driving is accelerating or decelerating (to 0) using one pedal.

We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
.View attachment 707125View attachment 707126
.View attachment 707123
Is this considered a 2021 or 2022?

Okay, so just to make sure I understand:

1. 10-15 ft before parking lot, set ride height to medium.
2. once I’m in parking lot, set ride height to low.
3. Park car and carry out activities
4. Drive out of parking lot and it will automatically switch back to medium, then once leaving it will automatically switch to low?
You might be overcomplicating it a bit trying to "process" it out.

Ride height is entirely your call driving around freeways, city streets, parking lots, etc. Not here to say either one is better than the other. However, I would avoid high and very high for an extended period of time.

With regards to getting the auto-suspension to work, the effort is all on the first time.
1. Right at or as close as possible to the driveway, change the suspension to clear the driveway. Tell the car to remember the suspension position as well (separate click on the suspension screen).
2. Wait for it to stop raising
3. Enter the parking lot / driveway
4. Upon leaving, make sure it raises again
5. Drive away and it will set bake to medium (and eventually low) based upon the speed. Unless you have selected "keep high above 35 miles per hour" or "keep very high above 15 miles per hour".

Next time you are approaching the driveway, within 10 - 15 feet of that spot, the car will start to auto-raise (or lower) the suspension in preparation for you approaching the driveway. No need to stop this time as long as the suspension has stopped performing what it needs to do.

Check out page 159 in the manual and PM me if you have some more questions as to not clutter up the thread :)

OK my date just moved up from 10/25-11/16 TO 9/24-9/30 W/B/19 NO FSD east coast. When should I expect a VIN? Is this real?

@sflgator

Both of you gentlemen do as you please. I'd strongly recommend not taking delivery mid to late September. I have this date for my model 3 (which I probably won't buy) and I would never ever ever take delivery of a Tesla at the end of the qtr. Even if it looks fine externally, it's not worth the risk of what they did not put together right on the inside.

@sflgator

Both of you gentlemen do as you please. I'd strongly recommend not taking delivery mid to late September. I have this date for my model 3 (which I probably won't buy) and I would never ever ever take delivery of a Tesla at the end of the qtr. Even if it looks fine externally, it's not worth the risk of what they did not put together right on the inside.
You think it will be that bad? I thought about that but I am seeing a lot good reports lately from people getting their cars. Am I just having wishful thinking??? I really want the car now! HA

You think it will be that bad? I thought about that but I am seeing a lot good reports lately from people getting their cars. Am I just having wishful thinking??? I really want the car now! HA

Oh yeah, definitely. Like clockwork "meh, this qtr will be better!" And a few weeks after delivery they are in the shop for rattles and broken *sugar*

@Tigers has a good point in that this quarter will be the most chaotic one to date. However, I would not overthink it. You will be fine - just inspect it. There will be some with issues but just look it over and reject if in doubt.

However, do NOT take delivery if it has the yoke steering in it. I read on some threads that it will kill you and it is impossible to learn how to use it. 😂

However, do NOT take delivery if it has the yoke steering in it. I read on some threads that it will kill you and it is impossible to learn how to use it. 😂
Just ask them to remove the yoke, cap the steering column hole and turn on that FSD software thingy Elon keeps farting on about.

"Look ma, no hands!"

@Tigers has a good point in that this quarter will be the most chaotic one to date. However, I would not overthink it. You will be fine - just inspect it. There will be some with issues but just look it over and reject if in doubt.

Wait some of these have yoke steering??????

Definitely will be looking over it very closely! I just don't see how I can wait if I have the opportunity to get my hands on it.

Oh yeah, definitely. Like clockwork "meh, this qtr will be better!" And a few weeks after delivery they are in the shop for rattles and broken *sugar*
Honestly, from what I've seen and read, it seems like it's a crapshoot whether delivery at EOQ or at any point in time throughout the year. I just think you need to look everything over carefully and identify any possible issues right at the beginning to see if they will fix (which it seems they're typically amenable at at least trying to fix). In addition, we've heard reports that Tesla seems to be doing some EXTRA QC checks just in the past month or so at the delivery/service centers before releasing the vehicles for delivery pickup by the customer. So we'll see how it goes. Still no VIN yet so not sure if I get my car by the end of this month or some time in Oct. Thank you for thinking of us though. 👍

If that's your argument, sure. But it's a darn silly one you keep using to try to "win" this argument. If you can't get from your house to the local convenience store, no matter how close by it is, without using the brake pedal, you aren't "one pedal driving."

One pedal driving is accelerating or decelerating (to 0) using one pedal.

Semantics. You are the one despreately trying to "win" this argument. Here, I can find a link to support my argument as well:

What IS 'one-pedal driving' in an electric car?