Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I want to know is, how much money do your neighbors have to have to buy a $150k car and know absolutely nothing about it. Sounds like they bought it just like I buy my candy bars in the checkout line at the local Kmart

"Mmmm, caramel!"
I was surprised when i saw the Plaid. Its not like they have fancy cars. But then Teslas and Model S’s are dime-a-dozen where i live so probably in their head,they were buying just another Tesla. Or maybe too lazy to change the default option from Plaid to LR in the online config lol
I would have asked but i normally run away from the husband like a plague. For some reason, he is obsessed with the fig tree in my frontyard and likes to remind me how i am not taking good care.

Nobody would get a white interior and have a dog? Nobody has white interior? How do you know? I suppose you are friends with 7+ billion people on this planet.
Listen, i don’t care if you think my “story” is fake or not. No one asked me to spend 5 minutes writing about it but i found it funny that someone buying a 150k car is oblivious to the capabilities of their car and that was the takeaway and not their config. I happened to see the car, so i mentioned it. But that was not the crux of the story if that is all you could absorb. Nice selfie btw!
For most people outside of this forum, it’s just another car.
My office is right next to the Tesla showroom in Avalon (Alpharetta, GA), I have seen numerous instances people ordering a car and telling SA they want to order the one they can get in least amount of time. I’m guessing your neighbor also ordered the car they could get the soonest.
My neighbor ordered a MY because his kids kept pestering him about how cool my Teslas are 😀. He finally got his car 2 weeks back and I had to help him with his wall charger install. He got quote from a Tesla recommended electrician for $4.5K and he (the electrician) offered him a 10% discount if my neighbor hired him right away. Lol
He called my guy the next day and his charger was installed for less than 700

For most people outside of this forum, it’s just another car.
My office is right next to the Tesla showroom in Avalon (Alpharetta, GA), I have seen numerous instances people ordering a car and telling SA they want to order the one they can get in least amount of time. I’m guessing your neighbor also ordered the car they could get the soonest.
My neighbor ordered a MY because his kids kept pestering him about how cool my Teslas are 😀. He finally got his car 2 weeks back and I had to help him with his wall charger install. He got quote from a Tesla recommended electrician for $4.5K and he (the electrician) offered him a 10% discount if my neighbor hired him right away. Lol
He called my guy the next day and his charger was installed for less than 700
No, no, no. Check the other threads. You’ll quickly learn that sales are constrained solely by demand, likely not more than 5 per week nationwide. And everyone who has a Plaid or LR is on this forum and speaking their mind about all the problems, including about how much Tesla hates them. And that the yoke, that joke….it will without a doubt, kill you.

It’s absurd to think that whoever your neighbor is isn’t on this thread and actively posting about the horrible way Tesla has treated them and that they are lucky to be breathing this very moment since they have a car with a yoke.

So anyone with any other perspective, please, PLEASE, save it. Get right. This forum is the gospel and all things Tesla begin and end right here. All things negative anyway.

All I want to know is, how much money do your neighbors have to have to buy a $150k car and know absolutely nothing about it. Sounds like they bought it just like I buy my candy bars in the checkout line at the local Kmart

"Mmmm, caramel!"
Dude!! This happened to me too! A few years ago I complimented a guy in a Red Ludicrous X. Asked him how awesome Ludicrous was. This was before I owned a ludicrous car.

He just stares at me totally blank, unsure what it even is! He even outright says “I don’t know which model I purchased, I just took what was ‘in stock at the showroom’ “. Blew my mind.

OMG, so glad to make your acquaintance, O Father of Thread! Thank YOU.
Your thread has been a great venting, informative, and anxiety provoking / relieving site, but also a place where i can get my MS dreams vicariously fulfilled until my EDD actually arrives. Can you believe it still lingers on and on??
Welcome you are my young MS apprentice

i resemble this....

8 months and counting since my original order
Still patiently waiting to pounce if you get your car before I do.

ready-to-pounce-siberian-tiger-84265298.jpg

I will just drop this here and walk away. It would surprise exactly no one to eventually see a "speed boost" package to the tune of $2000 for Tesla to just rack up hundred of thousands of dollars from LR owners.
I think it is safe to assume they will do the same with the Plaid models as well. Otherwise the LR would be too close to Plaid in acceleration specs. I'll bet that at that point the Plaid will run 8 second quarter miles.

So it's me, you, @doubleshot , @sflgator all waiting on a freaking white interior at this point? Are we the only fools left that haven't went out and bought a different car by now?
You and all the white interior orders are my barometer for further deliveries in Europe.
Unless, once the US orders are delivered, Tesla decides to build its Model X and postpone it by one quarter

That’s likely because people are comparing 1/4 mile times of cars based on their peak HP and peak torque values not understanding you integrate all the area under the curve where Tesla has more of.
There really is no reasonable comparison capabilities that I have seen. Yes, area under the curve has a lot to do with it. With the Plaid, I'm ever more convinced that the shorter time constant for the traction control loop produces way more drive for a given amount of available power. In a similar manner, the ability to make very small adjustments to power delivered also gives BeV a huge advantage. It is one of the true wonders of the BeV approach.

I think it is safe to assume they will do the same with the Plaid models as well. Otherwise the LR would be too close to Plaid in acceleration specs. I'll bet that at that point the Plaid will run 8 second quarter miles.
The idea that the car will perform in a similar matter at vastly different states of charge tells me the battery is capable of more power at higher states of charge. If you can draw the current at lower states of charge (and thus lower battery pack voltage) then you can draw the current at higher states of charge where battery voltage is higher and thus you can draw more power from the pack. If that is correct, the question becomes why is the available power not being used? Is it traction? Is it marketing?