Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick question -

My delivery appointment is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). I'm trying to purchase insurance for the car, however the insurance website is reporting that the VIN is incorrect/cannot-be-found.

"Our search of manufacturer information found no vehicle matches for the VIN you entered. Verify and reenter the VIN, if incorrect. "

Lack of insurance is holding up MVPA and by extension my financing!
I'm on call wait with Tesla for over an hour now...

Any idea how to resolve this? Is this a common scenario that the VIN is invalid/not-in-records prior to the sale of the car? How are we supposed to purchase insurance then?
My broker had to get me a quote based on purchase price of the car because the VIN didn't work the first try. By the day I took delivery, the VIN seemed to work.

For your first question, yes, it absolutely jumps up under acceleration. You can see this in many videos, as the car is so damn powerful, and its suspension soft enough, it almost wants to do wheelies.
For the second question, AFAIK, batteries are more efficient when they're hotter because there is less impedance and internal resistance in the battery, thus allowing the lithium ions to flow more easily. IIRC, a cold battery is like cold oil, where the oil(lithium ions) is more sluggish when cold, and more free flowing when warm.
OMG! I floored LR for the first time today and I felt like I was lifting off too! Wild to feel that in a car! Lol.

For all you knowledgeable men (and women) out there, engineers or not, I have a couple of questions. One, when I punch my Plaid it appears that it or me are raising off the ground. Is it the G-force sensation transferring to the brain or is the car actually lifting a bit. And number two is why are batteries more efficient when they are warmed up? Thanks
As answered already, it definitely lifts the front end. That is why the launch control (cheetah stance) is helpful. In addition the seat backs are normally not perfectly upright so you slide up a bit as you are forced into your seat back. The combination of the two exaggerates the effect of raising off the ground.

quick question -

My delivery appointment is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). I'm trying to purchase insurance for the car, however the insurance website is reporting that the VIN is incorrect/cannot-be-found.

"Our search of manufacturer information found no vehicle matches for the VIN you entered. Verify and reenter the VIN, if incorrect. "

Lack of insurance is holding up MVPA and by extension my financing!
I'm on call wait with Tesla for over an hour now...

Any idea how to resolve this? Is this a common scenario that the VIN is invalid/not-in-records prior to the sale of the car? How are we supposed to purchase insurance then?
Call your insurance agent. Mine took care of it in 5 minutes

I tried that this week. Color match was good. Bore looked good. The OD of the cap did not fully fill the counterbore diameter.

May try tonight to fully install and take pics.

In concept, it looks better than oem cap.
@omarsultan. Installed fully. Match was okay but they do not fill the whole counter bore and are not totally flush to the face. Also the black nut covers do not fit - they were too small.

Would love the look if I found ones that fit.

Last edited:
Staying in topic (and cause i only think of myself)....

For those that saw a change to February delivery then turn into a VIN number.... How long was it stuck on February?

Thanks.
For me it was less than a day. IIRC, it was only a few hours. Counting on the same for you!

edit: My progression was delivery range of 7 days, then VIN with February delivery estimate, then 3 hours later, the real 6 day delivery range appeared.

Great point. People trumpeting the $200 / month price will be in for a shock when the monthly price increases along with the purchase price. I’m buying FSD because I believe Tesla will figure it out sooner than later and $10,000 will look like a steal in a couple of years.

If FSD increases to $15k then I expect the subscription to Increase accordingly to about $300. Tesla has to maintain a relative value proposition where subscription vs buying are somewhat competitive.
I like your optimism, it’s like a father of troubled kid trying to tell himself he is gonna be fine.
I have FSD on both my cars and I don’t think it’s ever going to work as it was originally sold to us. I give Tesla another 4 years to get their sh!t together, after that I will sue😀

I like your optimism, it’s like a father of troubled kid trying to tell himself he is gonna be fine.
I have FSD on both my cars and I don’t think it’s ever going to work as it was originally sold to us. I give Tesla another 4 years to get their sh!t together, after that I will sue😀
I expect Tesla to reach level 3 within the next couple of years. That’s good enough for me to consider FSD worth the current price.

I'm buying FSD for the 2nd time, as I just don't want to be in the position where I sell my model 3 and the beta is finally released to the wider audience. I don't think it's worth nearly 10k for the extra features they add currently. My Wife has a MY without FSD and we take that on road trips some times, and I'm not finding myself wanting any feature outside of lane change, and somewhat NOA for longer trips. However, I do see constant improvement over the past 3+ years and I'm excited to be on the bleeding edge of assisted driving technology. I do not believe that they will ever achieve remote summon capability but in the case they make those advancements and I'll be very happy with my decision to shell out an additional 10k. My first time around I had to upgrade for the 3k above the 5k EAP package. The reason I had a suspicion they would be releasing a new chip and that FSD entitled me to a free upgrade that in this case was worth 2k of the 3k purchase price. I'll say that is a fair deal.

I ordered at an opportune time right before the 10k increase, so at this point I am basically getting it for free as from what I am reading I can't remove it without adding the 10k increase. So makes my decision very easy, and one that I'm going to be content with even if we don't realize any type of actual hands off driving experience. I do have faith that we can get some level of autonomous highway driving however.

I plan on keeping the car for 7+ years and likely even 10+ so the investment makes the investment a bit easier as well.
I have read in some other threads that it can be removed without incurring the $10k price increase. I have it also on my order and was going to try and remove if possible and pay month to month

I probably spent $10k-$15k to get the GT-R to full-bolt on running on e85 for 700HP/TQ (from 545HP/TQ stock).
Thanks for sharing. Looks like you paid about $100 / hp to upgrade your car, which is similar to the $114 / hp cost to go from LR to Plaid ($40k for 350 HP). Maybe Tesla didn’t pull that price difference out of their arse and it’s actually based on market value. 🤔

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you paid about $100 / hp to upgrade your car, which is similar to the $114 / hp cost to go from LR to Plaid ($40k for 350 HP). Maybe Tesla didn’t pull that price difference out of their arse and it’s actually based on market value. 🤔
WOAH WUT?! IT'S NOT A RIPOFF FOR ONLY ONE MOTOR?!?!!?!??! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣