Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said that the data collection doesn't start until you approve the access. So the 7-days of monitoring start after you click the button to request the FSD beta.

That can be interpreted either way. Making the request approves access to history and/or go forward only?. Still doesn't make sense to release the feature tomorrow and not have anyone get the software for a week or more. Guess time will tell....

Edit: If you think about it, Tesla knows we all would all be gaming it "after" pressing the button, just to get the update. They implemented this for liability reasons, so it makes more sense that you are granting access to the last seven days of history - If they are truely doing this dance solely to enroll more safe drivers, initially.

Last edited:
That can be interpreted either way. Making the request approves access to history and/or go forward only?. Still doesn't make sense to release the feature tomorrow and not have anyone get the software for a week or more. Guess time will tell....
I swear he had another tweet that specifically said after, but I can't find it right now.

People will get it tomorrow, the current FSD beta testers. And if it goes badly they may pull the offer from the beta request people before their 7-day stats are gathered and approved. (Or a new version could be released next Friday when the requests are granted.)

Edit: Found it:

I swear he had another tweet that specifically said after, but I can't find it right now.

People will get it tomorrow, the current FSD beta testers. And if it goes badly they may pull the offer from the beta request people before their 7-day stats are gathered and approved. (Or a new version could be released next Friday when the requests are granted.)
Could be... As I said, it's just not clear what seven day window will be run through the Tesla insurance algorithm. "Time will tell...."

Completely agree. I wonder if there's something about the config of the cars that is making the difference, besides the white interior?

If someone has been waiting for this config, I'd love to get them into this car. And no, I'm not looking to make any money off of this. Is there any way that this car can be transferred to someone that has been waiting longer?

This car will be going to the Las Vegas, Nevada store, btw.

View attachment 713098
Can you share your config?

Edit: If you think about it, Tesla knows we all would all be gaming it "after" pressing the button, just to get the update. They implemented this for liability reasons, so it makes more sense that you are granting access to the last seven days of history - If they are truely doing this dance solely to enroll more safe drivers, initially.

I imagine it’s based on going forward. Opt in, 7 days from now get potential access. Giving them permission to access data in the past is dicey, especially if those people never gave Tesla access in the first place to collect such data.

*Edit*

Ah there’s the response above. Going forward.

Also, bear in mind we may not see the new S get in quite yet. As far as I’m aware there’s no refresh on the EAP FSD program. Guess we’ll see!

I'm guessing that they will continue to monitor our driving after we get the beta too. Might take a lot of the fun out of driving our cars. I want the beta but if I have to chill my driving I might pass for now.

Elon said that the data collection doesn't start until you approve the access. So the 7-days of monitoring start after you click the button to request the FSD beta.

I don’t see it being explicitly stated ‘after’. There is no clear verbiage regarding when the 7 day window begins. But then again, I am ESL (English as a Second Language). :)

[Edit] Never mind. Appears a different Tweet clarified matters.

Last edited:
I got a delivery date! They gave me a home delivery. My friend also had a home delivery and they texted him if he wanted to pick it up in person a day earlier. I called Tesla and let them know I'd like to do that but for now they're keeping my home delivery appointment.

Plaid White/white/carbon fiber/19"
RN11399xxxx
VIN 5YJSA1E64MF443xxx
Home Delivery: Sep 27th 12-4

Well, that brings a question to mind, since Tesla has access to all of the driving history.... If the button goes "live" tomorrow, and we "Request" the beta firmware via the new button, does the seven days start at button click (meaning no one will see a download for at least seven more days), or seven days prior to the "request"? I would think the system looks at your past seven days of driving, from the point in time when you request the update, via this new "button". Makes more sense if that were the case. So, I started driving better a week ago.... ;)
So riddle me this, joker..........what if we haven't driven at all in the last 7 days?

I don’t see it being explicitly stated ‘after’. There is no statement regarding when the 7 day window begins. But then again, I am ESL (English as a Second Language). :)

[Edit] Never mind. Appears a different Tweet clarified matters.
I think you could hinge on the word "is" versus "was" - was being looking historical, is being after pressing the button.

I got a delivery date! They gave me a home delivery. My friend also had a home delivery and they texted him if he wanted to pick it up in person a day earlier. I called Tesla and let them know I'd like to do that but for now they're keeping my home delivery appointment.

RN11399xxxx
VIN 5YJSA1E64MF443xxx
Congrats! When did you order? Trying to decide if I should be upset about someone getting white seats before me. 😂

RN11399xxxx
VIN 5YJSA1E64MF443xxx
Damn I hope I get that text!! I would love to pick it up a day early!! Currently have it scheduled for delivery this Saturday at my house.