Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally i got another update on my order so exiting lets go.

1632401551282.png

OT - I charge overnight to 95% in preparation for a 100 mile each direction trip to Atlantic City, NJ. I jumped in the car this morning and switched from percentage to miles to see the approximate range. It read 223 miles. That's somewhat disappointing for a 95% charge, do you agree? My car is always plugged in at home (although I only charge off peak) and I charge to 80% daily. Surprised I didn't see something closer to 300-320 miles.

EDIT: Added pic after a 10 min charge back to 95%. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 713062
Wonder if you are facing the same battery pack issue as @WilliamG see the last five pages or so. Model S Plaid/LR 2021 Refresh Issues Thread

OT - I charge overnight to 95% in preparation for a 100 mile each direction trip to Atlantic City, NJ. I jumped in the car this morning and switched from percentage to miles to see the approximate range. It read 223 miles. That's somewhat disappointing for a 95% charge, do you agree? My car is always plugged in at home (although I only charge off peak) and I charge to 80% daily. Surprised I didn't see something closer to 300-320 miles.

View attachment 713062
You might be suffering from a bad main battery pack like me @dennis @WilliamG All of us are having out packs replaced.
Here's a place for you to start reading :

View attachment 713062

Oof. That does indeed look like a bad battery pack like several of us have experienced. Schedule service asap.

Uh oh.

I just got my very first EDD. It's 10/8-10/28. Pretty big change from Jan-Feb. Car config in my sig if you're interested.

There's no way my mortgage is gonna be done in time.

My wife said there was no way she was going to let me order the car until all the ducks were lined up and the money was sitting in our checking account. I wore her down over a few days and she agreed to let me go ahead with the order. I told her there was a really good chance that the price would go up between now and the end of the year. So she agreed.

Now I'm literally being caught with my pants down.

Time to grease the palm of my mortgage guy and see if he can pull off a miracle. Either that, or just decline this one.... and possibly the next few. : /

Welp. 150 miles in and car basically went into basic mode. No power steering. No regen. And other issues.

Pulled over and turned vehicle power off for 2 minutes and it worked fine for another mile before it went into basic mode again.

Can’t schedule an independent appointment for this as I already had one for the cosmetic issues lined up. Will have to wait until service center opens to see what to do.

Not going to lie, it’s pretty defeating to have these issues pop up so soon and I’m fully prepared that something is catastrophically wrong. I hope that isn’t the case and it’s some sensor gone awry.

View attachment 711362
So @dewski? Haven't heard an update on your problems. They were so severe, I'm wondering if you've ever resolved them??

So @dewski? Haven't heard an update on your problems. They were so severe, I'm wondering if you've ever resolved them??
@dewski said the SC thinks it's the right front wheel speed sensor.

And in a true /facepalm moment, I replied with a post that explained what a wheel speed sensor does, but didn't tell him it was an extremely easy fix!

If that's all it is (and the codes his car threw do make sense for that being the issue), it's a 30 minute fix, tops. Assuming they have the part, of course.

Uh oh.

I just got my very first EDD. It's 10/8-10/28. Pretty big change from Jan-Feb. Car config in my sig if you're interested.

There's no way my mortgage is gonna be done in time.

My wife said there was no way she was going to let me order the car until all the ducks were lined up and the money was sitting in our checking account. I wore her down over a few days and she agreed to let me go ahead with the order. I told her there was a really good chance that the price would go up between now and the end of the year. So she agreed.

Now I'm literally being caught with my pants down.

Time to grease the palm of my mortgage guy and see if he can pull off a miracle. Either that, or just decline this one.... and possibly the next few. : /
You have a Plaid order and non-white interior; so I will say it is a non-zero percent chance you get it in that date range. But a month after order? That would really give a lot of long waiting orders (March, April, May), that are still waiting, a gigantic middle finger.

@dewski said the SC thinks it's the right front wheel speed sensor.

And in a true /facepalm moment, I replied with a post that explained what a wheel speed sensor does, but didn't tell him it was an extremely easy fix!

If that's all it is (and the codes his car threw do make sense for that being the issue), it's a 30 minute fix, tops. Assuming they have the part, of course.
Good to hear! At least let's hope that's it? Nothing worse than getting a brand spankin' new car and have this happen! I know he was thinking, "why me?"

That would really give a lot of long waiting orders (March, April, May) that are still waiting, a gigantic middle finger.
Completely agree. I wonder if there's something about the config of the cars that is making the difference, besides the white interior?

If someone has been waiting for this config, I'd love to get them into this car. And no, I'm not looking to make any money off of this. Is there any way that this car can be transferred to someone that has been waiting longer?

This car will be going to the Las Vegas, Nevada store, btw.

PlaidEDD.JPG