Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda wild that ALL of the Plaid's around the country have seemingly disappeared from inventory today. No way
they all got sold this morning after many being on or added over the past few days....
I’ve been looking hourly lol and your right poof all gone! I did notice a bunch of Y’s in inventory, getting rid of all the demos.

I still haven't seen a Plaid in the wild. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that I live in the armpit of the midwest?
I haven't seen one yet, either. I live in Fort Lauderdale, which is the armpit of South Florida; but high-end cars are everywhere. But I did see three Taycans today while running errands. I see Model 3s and Ys all day, every day.

I haven't seen one yet, either. I live in Fort Lauderdale, which is the armpit of South Florida; but high-end cars are everywhere. But I did see three Taycans today while running errands. I see Model 3s and Ys all day, every day.
There are a few MS Plaids around South FL and a few MS LR's now as well. Not mine yet...maybe in 2-3 weeks though if I'm lucky. 🙏 Still no VIN and est delivery still shows 10/2 - 10/22.

We appreciate all that you did! :)

sadness-inside-out.gif
Thank you... It's run its course and I just don't need the extra risk that I used to take on with every flight.

Speaking of which, the guys who did my car did a video of it:

Damn I love that color.

And just to expand a bit on what MP3Mike said...

Elon also posted a Tweet explaining that the software that will be evaluating whether or not you're a safe enough driver to get the Beta FSD will show you a "scoreboard," so you'll always be able to tell how good of a driver the software thinks you are.

It's cheating, really... showing you how you're doing on the test along the way. But I'll leave my opinion out of this, as in spite of my feelings on the issue, I *will* in fact, be watching my "score" along the way. ;)
So ironically, you need to be a good driver to be able to let the software drive for you?

Uh oh.

I just got my very first EDD. It's 10/8-10/28. Pretty big change from Jan-Feb. Car config in my sig if you're interested.

There's no way my mortgage is gonna be done in time.

My wife said there was no way she was going to let me order the car until all the ducks were lined up and the money was sitting in our checking account. I wore her down over a few days and she agreed to let me go ahead with the order. I told her there was a really good chance that the price would go up between now and the end of the year. So she agreed.

Now I'm literally being caught with my pants down.

Time to grease the palm of my mortgage guy and see if he can pull off a miracle. Either that, or just decline this one.... and possibly the next few. : /
Just call your SA and say you want to hold for a couple months. Thats what I did and they had no issue with it.

I finally got my MSLR delivered today. They dropped it off without letting me know it was there.

The wait was definitely worth it!

Impressions
Acceleration - The initial take-off from a stand still was not as impressive as I thought it would be. After 40 mph the car takes off like a rocket though. They definitely slowed the car down 0-40 to not compete with the Plaid. With a quicker 0-40 I think this car could do 2.6 0-60.
Handling - I think the handling is pretty good for such a heavy car. I played around with all of the suspension settings. The car definitely has grip, but the steering is pretty numb and it isn't agile. It does not come close to the handling of a Taycan, sorry fellas.
Braking - Average brakes, I expected them to be better coming from driving BMW's and Porsches. Something Telsa can work on, but good enough for a daily driver.
Comfort - In the softer settings the car rides so smooth and has such a comfortable ride. I would say the ride comfort is much better than the Taycan. For a daily driver I prefer it to be more comfortable than better handling.
Interior - The new interior is dramatically better than the previous model S, the seats are very comfortable and the screen is gorgeous.
Exterior - I didn't find any paint defects or huge panel gaps.

Issues: The rear speakers, subwoofer, Bluetooth mic and voice control all of a sudden stopped working. I tried resetting the system and it still didn't work. Have a service appointment scheduled on Monday morning. The sound system sounded great when it was working though.

I also installed the 2020 oem CF rear spoiler. Planning on dropping the car off to have the wheels powder coated on Monday or Tuesday also.

View attachment 713303

View attachment 713317
How's the noise level compared to model S raven?
A few members have said 19" wheel config isn't as quite which makes me sad because i thought smaller wheels/more rubber will be quiter 😔
Hoping for a quiter cabin than my 2020 model S