Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right
That's what's holding me back. Only reason I'm having second thoughts is because of the FSD Beta access and having never had a Tesla without FSD. As it is right now, it's not worth 10k at all
I feel like the only thing you might miss out on at this point is the price, if they increase it again. That’s the only reason I purchased it and honestly I’ve been regretting it since. $1000, wouldn’t be too upset, but $10k wasted on literally hopes and dreams, I could’ve definitely put that to a better use.

I don’t like these EOQ try outs that I feel will end up being a bust. Sucker people into dropping $10k to press a button, drive like a borderline unreasonable person for a week to meet their safety score criteria, to then possibly not even get to try FSD as Tesla closes out their quarter with a ton more money made on FSD packages. Genius business move, can’t deny that.

So first commute with the dumb try outs. Rather annoying experience.

1) Coming up to a green light, car starts braking, says to press accelerator to proceed, press accelerator to proceed, light starts turning yellow, car jams the brakes as if I’m about to bowl a strike through 10 infants in the roadway. Unnecessary jerking multiple times just at one intersection. Can’t wait to see it ding me for hard braking the AP did.

2) Intersection on a curve, green light, going through on AP, the car jerks me out of the right lane into the left lane, now to think about it, it always does that there, I’m sure I’ll be dinged for something there.

3) Grandmas passing me and giving me dirty looks as I’m trying to accelerate on AP to avoid any dings.

4) Playing constant whack a mole with the accelerator and the steering wheel on a perfectly flat straight east to west road where there is no steering wheel input needed because of how straight the road is. I got to take my attention off the road and keep looking at the dash every couple of seconds to see which mole is next to be whacked. Accelerator for green light? Put pressure onto the steering wheel going perfectly straight? Another green light? More pressure to continue going straight?

All in all, I found today’s drive to be more frustrating and exhausting than ever. At this point it is literally easier to just drive manually and scratch this whole try outs idea because I don’t feel as even the student drivers are subjected to this sort of awfulness during Driving Ed.

You mean the Plaid named third party software that Tesla is using for transfer? They ask for login name and password to your bank. No, thank you.
You think a company that’s making $200 million revenue is going to steal your account information? Lol. Just use it and change the password after if that’s the case.

Here is their definition:
View attachment 714326

So maybe you just don't brake enough? (i.e you don't have enough braking >0.1g and less than 0.3g to offset any "hard" stopping you had to do.) I wonder if regen counts in this, or if it only counts when you use the brake pedal?

Here is their definition:
View attachment 714329

This may be a case where you normally are "too safe" and follow at more than 3 seconds, such that you don't have any following time in the 1.0-3.0 second category to offset the little amount of time where you followed at less than 1 second.
So in the DC area you would get a horrible score just because people cut you off and slam on the brakes on a daily basis.

Well my RN115023XXX is now 09/30-10/20 and my RN114583XXX is still holding at 09/26-09/30 with no VIN on either. Can't wait for my new date next week lol
Man they aren’t even trying. Now October 1-10 and October 20-30. When the 1st comes, how much you wanna bet it’s just gonna go 10-20?

Last edited:
I was considering holding payment until after I saw the car, but with home delivery decided to just send my down payment. At this point my delivery was scheduled for Monday. On Thursday I called to get the $2k removed for FSD, Friday morning I noticed it was adjusted and submitted through the Plaid service (also used this to pay for the solar roof). About an hour later suddenly I get a text and my car is ready and can be delivered that day. Coincidence? Not so sure...but my theory is once you get that final payment notice, paying right away can pull your delivery forward.

Got a Vin. MF444.

Since I'm too new to have a sig: Late June order, rn 1152. LR/Msm/black/19"/no fsd.

Hope my eoq quality is there. I have never spoken to or contacted anyone at tesla. I will see if they can ping it. Edd is sep 24-29. I've been very lucky so far. One of the few people who will get car on the original timeline (when I ordered it said sept-oct.) Sorry to all those who ordered way before me. 1st tesla and 1st EV.
you are lucky!!! Mine one May order and showing Nov 4-24

I was considering holding payment until after I saw the car, but with home delivery decided to just send my down payment. At this point my delivery was scheduled for Monday. On Thursday I called to get the $2k removed for FSD, Friday morning I noticed it was adjusted and submitted through the Plaid service (also used this to pay for the solar roof). About an hour later suddenly I get a text and my car is ready and can be delivered that day. Coincidence? Not so sure...but my theory is once you get that final payment notice, paying right away can pull your delivery forward.
Yours actually being delivered is a ray of hope. I still have no VIN. Assured they will adjust my EDD tomorrow to a non Q3 date or one that extends past it. 6th or 7th adjustment this month alone. Plaid blue/ white int/19”/CS/FSD 1142xxx EDD Sept 26-30 In the 11 month now of waiting

LR Blue with Black interior and 19" wheels

Ordered January 20
RN 11452****

Delivered August 23

Replacing my 2013 P85. The car is literally 100% better built than the 2013. Quality, solid feel, features, driving, all of it. Paint is perfect. Only one small panel gap. No other issues.

Just not sure about the blue color and those damn ugly wheels! Loved the look of my old one much better.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 56
LR Blue with Black interior and 19" wheels

Ordered January 20
RN 11452****

Delivered August 23

Replacing my 2013 P85. The car is literally 100% better built than the 2013. Quality, solid feel, features, driving, all of it.

Just not sure about the blue color and those damn ugly wheels! Loved the look of my old one much better.
Why are you not sure about the color? Too dark/dull on non-sunny days? Re wheels, did you try pulling the covers and installing a cap kit?

19s wheel.jpeg