Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super, super sketchy business practices and that's why you shouldn't pay for the vehicle up front! I made it a point to let them know that I was not paying up front before inspecting the vehicle first; I would be bringing a Cashier's Check on the day of delivery and will hand it over after inspection. Tesla is sooooo F'ING SHADY!!!! Imagine had I already PAID for this f'ing car with that f'in VIN which they took away from me?!?!?!? SHADY BULLSH!t!!! 🤬 🤬 🤬
Damnit, I wish Elon would spend a few less minutes on Twitter on a daily basis, and instead read up on a few customer experiences. He needs to know about this kind of crap; the damage it is doing to his customers and his business.

Spending just a few minutes a day to help out a few customers would bring about a lot of good will and happy people. And if he can't do it, he damn well needs to hire someone that can.

Spoke to my SA. My 434 is a June 17 build and it has 11 miles on it. According to him it had "some parts that needed replacing from
the factory and were on back order for a couple of months but all of this has been rectified and the car is good go".

Leaving in an hr to go pick it up and will be going over it in detail....
Good luck. Hope everything went well

UPDATE on my Order & VIN...sad, very sad and disappointing to say the least (especially when I see a few other MS Plaids w/ white/cf interiors being delivered)...

Freaked out yesterday when my account suddenly lost my VIN and all the documents (which I had already saved with the assigned VIN showing on all the documents); sent an email last night to my local Tesla SC Mgr & RM & then called that (888) 518-3752 Tesla number this morning. Received the below email from my SC Mgr at the same time they actually connected me to him on the phone this morning:

"Apologies for this inconvenience of being unmatched from this VIN. I did some digging to understand the reason, and it looks like there was a shift in production for similar reasons that has delayed your account multiple times. This VIN was not fully produced and out of the factory yet. When I did a deep dive for a full understanding, they let me know that this VIN will not be produced.

As this is obviously not the most convenient situation, please know this VIN was not allocated to another customer in California, it just isn’t being produced due to supply chain issues. I just checked your account for factory dates, and it looks like mid-October – mid-November is the new timeline. Again, I do apologies that this has happened to you, unfortunately this is completely out of our hands."

Wow! So, Tesla had a vehicle for me (in production) and assigned a VIN to my RN and Tesla account BUT then what? They realized mid-way through production that they didn't have all the necessary parts to produce that vehicle? So, they're claiming they're going to TRASH that VIN and reassign me a completely different VIN (whether that vehicle or a different one) later for possible delivery????? I mean, REALLY? I'm beyond disappointed and frustrated through this entire process (> 8 months now), and now they're playing MORE games by assigning VINs and then taking them away (claiming they did NOT reassign that vehicle and VIN to someone else local in CA) just a couple weeks before supposed delivery of the vehicle? And exactly WHAT parts are they missing now????? White seats again???? Carbon fiber again???? Computer chips????? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! 🤔🤬

So, here I am again...playing the (yet another) 4-6+ week waiting game again for another VIN (which may or may not be taken away from me?). Although I do know I'll love the MS Plaid if/when I actually take delivery of it (by the end of the year....maybe?) BUT I can say with 100% certainty, Tesla has NOT gained a loyal repeat customer with me after this Tesla MS Plaid; it will likely be my first and my last Tesla unless Tesla can actually implement some serious corporate changes that improve the customer ordering/production/delivery experience. If not, I am so done with Tesla after this car. Period. 🤬
Your car is probably being delivered on flatbed to someone’s driveway in Bay Area right now. Sorry
I guess there are some advantages to living on the left coast.

Damnit, I wish Elon would spend a few less minutes on Twitter on a daily basis, and instead read up on a few customer experiences. He needs to know about this kind of crap; the damage it is doing to his customers and his business.

Spending just a few minutes a day to help out a few customers would bring about a lot of good will and happy people. And if he can't do it, he damn well needs to hire someone that can.
i thought @2021plaid is Elon no?

Your car is probably being delivered on flatbed to someone’s driveway in Bay Area right now. Sorry
I guess there are some advantages to living on the left coast.
So you think there's no issue with anyone at Tesla LYING through their teeth when asked specifically if they released my VIN and gave the vehicle to someone else out West, close to Tesla HQ so they could add it to "sold" vehicles for 3rd QTR, 2021 (and they said NO and I have that in writing)?

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
UPDATE on my Order & VIN...sad, very sad and disappointing to say the least (especially when I see a few other MS Plaids w/ white/cf interiors being delivered)...

Freaked out yesterday when my account suddenly lost my VIN and all the documents (which I had already saved with the assigned VIN showing on all the documents); sent an email last night to my local Tesla SC Mgr & RM & then called that (888) 518-3752 Tesla number this morning. Received the below email from my SC Mgr at the same time they actually connected me to him on the phone this morning:

"Apologies for this inconvenience of being unmatched from this VIN. I did some digging to understand the reason, and it looks like there was a shift in production for similar reasons that has delayed your account multiple times. This VIN was not fully produced and out of the factory yet. When I did a deep dive for a full understanding, they let me know that this VIN will not be produced.

As this is obviously not the most convenient situation, please know this VIN was not allocated to another customer in California, it just isn’t being produced due to supply chain issues. I just checked your account for factory dates, and it looks like mid-October – mid-November is the new timeline. Again, I do apologies that this has happened to you, unfortunately this is completely out of our hands."

Wow! So, Tesla had a vehicle for me (in production) and assigned a VIN to my RN and Tesla account BUT then what? They realized mid-way through production that they didn't have all the necessary parts to produce that vehicle? So, they're claiming they're going to TRASH that VIN and reassign me a completely different VIN (whether that vehicle or a different one) later for possible delivery????? I mean, REALLY? I'm beyond disappointed and frustrated through this entire process (> 8 months now), and now they're playing MORE games by assigning VINs and then taking them away (claiming they did NOT reassign that vehicle and VIN to someone else local in CA) just a couple weeks before supposed delivery of the vehicle? And exactly WHAT parts are they missing now????? White seats again???? Carbon fiber again???? Computer chips????? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! 🤔🤬

So, here I am again...playing the (yet another) 4-6+ week waiting game again for another VIN (which may or may not be taken away from me?). Although I do know I'll love the MS Plaid if/when I actually take delivery of it (by the end of the year....maybe?) BUT I can say with 100% certainty, Tesla has NOT gained a loyal repeat customer with me after this Tesla MS Plaid; it will likely be my first and my last Tesla unless Tesla can actually implement some serious corporate changes that improve the customer ordering/production/delivery experience. If not, I am so done with Tesla after this car. Period. 🤬

But, another 4-6 weeks would be a 2022 car...maybe with floor mats, shelf, and new headlights and unwrinkled seats.

Maybe....

But, another 4-6 weeks would be a 2022 car...maybe with floor mats, shelf, and new headlights and unwrinkled seats.

Maybe....
Yeah, that was actually the only "GIFT" I asked them for...is perhaps my new VIN & vehicle will be designated as a model year 2022 instead of 2021? But my Tesla SC Mgr said he has no idea...he said it's possible but doesn't know when they'll "changeover" to model year 2022 for the MS Plaid. They're all such buffoons, I swear! :rolleyes: :(

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Don't know. But I really thought they reassigned that VIN and that vehicle to someone else more local in CA to accept payment and delivery today for another EOQ "sale." However, I have in writing that they did not do so, although I have no way of checking on that right now. However, what I can say is that this ploy if done by Tesla or any other auto manufacturer like this, would likely be completely ILLEGAL! I had already saved and printed out all the documents with that specific VIN that was assigned to my RN. And IF that VIN and that exact vehicle goes to someone else specifically so they can get the $$ for EOQ today, then that's so f'ed up and ILLEGAL! Bad business practices and illegal activity!!!! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 I was ready to contact the Office of Legal Counsel for the US NHTSA to report this illegal activity. They are claiming that the VIN will NOT be used and that specific vehicle could not pass through full and complete production to be released to anyone.

Assume they are telling truth for now.

Easy to see in the VIN is used in the future.

My guess the car will be headed for the train track yard at Freemont, and you are lucky not to have it .

So you think there's no issue with anyone at Tesla LYING through their teeth when asked specifically if they released my VIN and gave the vehicle to someone else out West, close to Tesla HQ so they could add it to "sold" vehicles for 3rd QTR, 2021 (and they said NO and I have that in writing)?
A VIN is just a number. There can be any number of reasons to scrap one, including shipping damage, construction that can't be salvaged (bad welds, parts welded to the car aren't what the supplier said), car wasn't even built because a whole lot of parts were rejected, etc. I know its frustrating to "lose" a car, but there are many valid reasons to do so on Tesla's part.

Maybe your car is in someone elses hand right now, but its not the only possible outcome.

Haha I cleaned the front after I removed the hideous license plate frame (not easy, but not terribly hard). This morning I see that it won’t connect to the app even though it’s in the garage. VERY frustrated about the WiFi. My 2013 S still connects to the WiFi 15 feet further away! I tried to reboot multiple times. Nothing. I used my phone as a hotspot so I could download the software update hoping that would fix the issue. And it got to almost completely downloaded and stopped receiving data. So I’ll try again soon. Maybe my phone was too low last night to continue with data. Sigh. Otherwise I LOVE it so far
UPDATE. Bought a WiFi extender. The WiFi reception on this thing absolutely sucks. I had to put the extender in the garage 5 feet away. It wouldn’t even keep a signal in the house by the door!
But.
The things I like include. The speed. This thing is so ridiculously fast in the middle and upper ranges. I went from 70, to 110, in what felt like a solid second. Unbelievably fast and throws you back in your seat at high rate of speed. The power is linear, not like it used to be in my others. It accelerates damn near as hard at 80 miles an hour as it does at 50. The auto pilot is better than my M3P. It doesn’t ride the left side of the shoulder near the barrier like my three did. The ride is very comfortable, and quiet. Takes bumps much better than my M3P. Overall very happy.

Oh, btw...

The other day when I drove down to the Las Vegas Tesla store, Tesla's web site showed zero Plaids available anywhere in the country. Yet there was a Plaid sitting at the SC with an "Available" sign in the window.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to show up at your local Tesla store and look around a bit. There are cars that end up not getting sold at the last minute for various reasons.

With today being the last day of the quarter, I'd be willing to bet that if you hang around a bit, there's bound to be a car or two that becomes available at the last minute. If you're flexible on the color/configuration, you might be in luck.

Plus, since it's the last day of the quarter and they don't want that car on the books, who knows... maybe they'll even throw in an incentive for you to take delivery of that car.
Yesterday at my SC there was a plaid (white/black/19) with a red bow on the roof and a sign saying available. Didn't show on the web site. Tesla has lots of issues and can add the fact that they can't keep track of cars that are for sale.

UPDATE. Bought a WiFi extender. The WiFi reception on this thing absolutely sucks. I had to put the extender in the garage 5 feet away. It wouldn’t even keep a signal in the house by the door!
But.
The things I like include. The speed. This thing is so ridiculously fast in the middle and upper ranges. I went from 70, to 110, in what felt like a solid second. Unbelievably fast and throws you back in your seat at high rate of speed. The power is linear, not like it used to be in my others. It accelerates damn near as hard at 80 miles an hour as it does at 50. The auto pilot is better than my M3P. It doesn’t ride the left side of the shoulder near the barrier like my three did. The ride is very comfortable, and quiet. Takes bumps much better than my M3P. Overall very happy.
The wifi reception on my 2013 P85+ is terrible and always has been.

Slipped again yesterday. Now 12/13-1/2. Pretty sure Tesla is trying to delay my order as long as possible given my order is a LR with 19 inch wheels, black interior, no FSD, and ordered before the 10K price increase. Curious if others are in the same boat.
+1 I hate Elon!
If it makes you feel any better, I suspect I'm the chump on this forum. I'm also in the SF Bay Area and I ordered on Jan. 27 and STILL don't have my LR MSM/black/19s/No FSD. EDD moved a couple days ago from Sept 26-30 to Oct 20-Nov 9. Aaaaaaah!
No, I;m the chump! Guess I'll be taking ovwer for @Leodoc soon. OD was 01-15-21 MS LR, Blue/Cream, 19", & XFSD. My EDD just slipped too. WTH??

Reactions: impastu
I'm not wearing this silly human suit for nothing.

Also, to update my current crisis, Tesla quoted me at $2300 to replace both rear bumper panels. I also found the impact also damaged the trunk lid 🤬, so tomorrow I have to visit another body shop to get a quote for that repair as well. All told I suspect the cost of this is going to run around $5000.
That's some serious damage for a parking lot knock! Sorry to hear it.

Once you announced that you were never going to visit this thread once you took delivery we took it upon ourselves to lobby Tesla monkey to #$%@ with you to no end so that you can't leave. It's an escape room now...good luck.

Once you announced that you were never going to visit this thread once you took delivery we took it upon ourselves to lobby Tesla monkey to #$%@ with you to no end so that you can't leave. It's an escape room now...good luck.
@sflgator right now 🤣...............

find-the-clues-or-die-clue.gif

I'm not wearing this silly human suit for nothing.

Also, to update my current crisis, Tesla quoted me at $2300 to replace both rear bumper panels. I also found the impact also damaged the trunk lid 🤬, so tomorrow I have to visit another body shop to get a quote for that repair as well. All told I suspect the cost of this is going to run around $5000.
Geez. Sorry, man.