Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because we are always off topic, let me steal @2021plaid positive spotlight for the moment.

Our baby daughter was born on Monday morning. No VIN, model year 2021, manufactured in April (misfit lot FOR SURE), delivered in October. She missed her estimated due date, so that’s not a great sign. She’s perfect in every way. She was delivered down the hall from a peacock photo.
Congratulations.! And, just to make you feel bad about posting this, you just made every complaint anyone has made on these forums look incredibly frivolous. ^^^^ THIS is what matters, not our stupid cars/toys.

This amazing guy is adapting stalks for the MS. I only wish he could put a horn in. Not possible, I know, but one can wish. Of all the debating about the yoke and stalks, the horn issue has been universally panned. I have yet to see a single argument in its favor. Bad Tesla! Bad!
I don't need stalks. I just need a center horn, and the wiper fluid button to be changed to a wiper button. blinkers on each side makes more sense, but since I mostly drive with my left hand, having them both on that side is more convenient for me.

I would also like to be able to program what the wheel scroll and click does. I don't use AP, so I would rather have that as an AC control, or wiper speed, or whatever I want it to be.

Congratulations.! And, just to make you feel bad about posting this, you just made every complaint anyone has made on these forums look incredibly frivolous. ^^^^ THIS is what matters, not our stupid cars/toys.
In a forum for playing Fortnite, Fortnite is all that matters. In a forum for lawn care, lawn care is all that matters.

This is a place to cry and moan about our Tesla. It matters here.

Now when I start to whine to my wife about my Tesla, that is where she can tell me "I don't care. Go mow the lawn." 🤣

I just need ... the wiper fluid button to be changed to a wiper button.
I'm not sure I'm following. The button for me activates the wipers (and then pops up a menu on the IC that you can go through with left scroll) to set the wiper speed. If I long press the button, it does spray washer fluid.

You might not have the 2021.36 update yet, where it made this a little more useful (the long press actually pops up and is longer), but it's always operated the wipers for me.

I'm not sure I'm following. The button for me activates the wipers (and then pops up a menu on the IC that you can go through with left scroll) to set the wiper speed. If I long press the button, it does spray washer fluid.

You might not have the 2021.36 update yet, where it made this a little more useful (the long press actually pops up and is longer), but it's always operated the wipers for me.
Yeah either I am missing that update, or I missed that in the notes. Originally, just grazing that button sprayed the car. Thanks for the info. I'll check it tonight.

My EDD starts tomorrow, and still no VIN !!! Ive seen a couple of people's window start and hadn't receive a VIN yet, I just cant remember what happened to them after that. Has anyone been in this situation or remember if they just eventually got pushed out?

I went into my window last week and then after a day pushed me until TODAY - Nov. 1. Nothing yet. Tried the trick of looking at the source on my tesla page others have talked about and no vin shown there either.

Yeah either I am missing that update, or I missed that in the notes. Originally, just grazing that button sprayed the car. Thanks for the info. I'll check it tonight.
For what it's worth, I agree with your thought - if that button was solely for washer fluid, it would be the most useless implementation ever.

Just because we are always off topic, let me steal @2021plaid positive spotlight for the moment.

Our baby daughter was born on Monday morning. No VIN, model year 2021, manufactured in April (misfit lot FOR SURE), delivered in October. She missed her estimated due date, so that’s not a great sign. She’s perfect in every way. She was delivered down the hall from a peacock photo.
CONGRATS!!!! I'm guessing you didn't opt for the carbon fiber trim? Guessing you got FSD though, but methinks it will be about 16 years before you'll be able to use that option?

Checking back in after a long while and forgot how much I missed reading the forum every day (but I don't miss refreshing my Tesla account daily). I'm really glad to see some who suffered as long or longer than I did waiting finally get their cars or VINs at least. As much as I complained while waiting, I am very happy now so I wish those of you still waiting luck in finally getting your cars.

Some more impressions. First, here is a quick phone pic post PPF + ceramic + powder coating the "fugly" 19" wheels gloss black. I would have changed to the 21s if Elon didn't make them $14,500 post price increase. While some here said powder coating the 19s is like putting lipstick on a pig, I now think the pig here looks mighty fine with lipstick on but my standards are probably lower than most (or I have perpetual beer goggles).

IMG_4545.jpg

Build quality wise, overall I got pretty lucky esp. for an EOQ car. I did go in with this forum's checklist, inspected the car for 2+ hours and came away with a long list of little things that I scheduled a service appointment for. The next day in the sun, I couldn't find most of the issues again even with all the photos so cut my list down to 2 things. Also, I got all the pieces it was supposed to come with. Based on prior posts, I know I am definitely more forgiving than many here so take this with a grain of salt.

I said this before but the Yoke is fine but definitely not better. I am pretty comfortable driving one handed now (bringing back the muscle memory of driving a stick as a kid b/c Dad was too cheap to pay for an automatic which for you young ones out there used to cost extra to get). However, I had a scary moment when I had to quickly make a sharp turn b/c someone cut quickly in my path and I almost had an accident as I grabbed reflexively at air where the top of a round steering wheel would be.

The car is really fun to drive and I don't think I will ever tire of the INSTANT acceleration. I finally understand why my friends with Teslas drive in such a car sick inducing way. Roller coasters are fun and driving even my LR is crazy fast and fun. I don't have the Plaid to compare it to so can't imagine anything faster. I won't repeat all the other issues people have with stalks and turn signals (agree) and shifting (which is fine for me at least)

Good luck to everyone still waiting esp. those with white interiors. I repeat many when I say it was worth it and I got a lot of laughs on this forum.

Checking back in after a long while and forgot how much I missed reading the forum every day (but I don't miss refreshing my Tesla account daily). I'm really glad to see some who suffered as long or longer than I did waiting finally get their cars or VINs at least. As much as I complained while waiting, I am very happy now so I wish those of you still waiting luck in finally getting your cars.

Some more impressions. First, here is a quick phone pic post PPF + ceramic + powder coating the "fugly" 19" wheels gloss black. I would have changed to the 21s if Elon didn't make them $14,500 post price increase. While some here said powder coating the 19s is like putting lipstick on a pig, I now think the pig here looks mighty fine with lipstick on but my standards are probably lower than most (or I have perpetual beer goggles).

View attachment 723666

Build quality wise, overall I got pretty lucky esp. for an EOQ car. I did go in with this forum's checklist, inspected the car for 2+ hours and came away with a long list of little things that I scheduled a service appointment for. The next day in the sun, I couldn't find most of the issues again even with all the photos so cut my list down to 2 things. Also, I got all the pieces it was supposed to come with. Based on prior posts, I know I am definitely more forgiving than many here so take this with a grain of salt.

I said this before but the Yoke is fine but definitely not better. I am pretty comfortable driving one handed now (bringing back the muscle memory of driving a stick as a kid b/c Dad was too cheap to pay for an automatic which for you young ones out there used to cost extra to get). However, I had a scary moment when I had to quickly make a sharp turn b/c someone cut quickly in my path and I almost had an accident as I grabbed reflexively at air where the top of a round steering wheel would be.

The car is really fun to drive and I don't think I will ever tire of the INSTANT acceleration. I finally understand why my friends with Teslas drive in such a car sick inducing way. Roller coasters are fun and driving even my LR is crazy fast and fun. I don't have the Plaid to compare it to so can't imagine anything faster. I won't repeat all the other issues people have with stalks and turn signals (agree) and shifting (which is fine for me at least)

Good luck to everyone still waiting esp. those with white interiors. I repeat many when I say it was worth it and I got a lot of laughs on this forum.
I'm the guilty party making the lipstick comment. I gotta admit, the gloss black makes a huge improvement.

I shadowed an LR this morning on the Southbound 101 near the Fallbrook exit. MSM. Stunning.

You can clearly see the differences from front and back from previous years. Subtle but notable.

I just wish the Plaid had differentiated itself more. Maybe with my continuously slipping EDD range (2 days further every time I hit entry window—like 5 consecutive times now), I might get some goodies Elon has kept in his pocket….

I am going on a trip so just hoping my wife’s MYP shows up on time coinciding with my return and I can push out the S until it suits me versus Tesla.

View attachment 723666

Looks great! Where did you get the wheel caps with the Tesla logo? I know someone that's considering powder coating their LR but can't figure out what to do with the caps since Tesla doesn't sell them. Or do they just pop out of the hub caps???

You can clearly see the differences from front and back from previous years. Subtle but notable.

I just wish the Plaid had differentiated itself more.
I really wanted the Plaid, but I can't afford it. The fact that they looked almost identical, and I wasn't given an inferior interior (piping and bolsters aside), was a major selling point for me.

I wouldn't have purchased the LR if it was painfully obvious it is the base model. I bet Tesla made a lot of sales off of their strategy. I'm also betting the upcoming track package will clearly separate the two trim levels, and then those who can afford it will be happier. :)

Looks great! Where did you get the wheel caps with the Tesla logo? I know someone that's considering powder coating their LR but can't figure out what to do with the caps since Tesla doesn't sell them. Or do they just pop out of the hub caps???
You can get center caps through Parts: #26

So my credit offer expired today. Presume I need to apply again to maintain my place in line (Dec-Jan delivery). But If my LR continues to get delayed and I continue to have credit offers expire / reapply I presume this is going to affect my credit score right?
This happened to me as well. About three weeks later I got a credit letter as if I had applied and been refused. Now I'm dreading needing to call the credit bureaus and get it resolved as an expiration of an approved credit offer rather than an actual refusal.

congratulations! She may be an EV (Eve) but I predict for now, she'll produce a lot of gas based on her ICE! (internal consumption engine) (at least my 3 daughters did)
agreed this is the important stuff!