Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely somebody at Tesla has noted the chaos and frustration this can cause….I don’t need the car now. I need a date I can plan around.

View attachment 723551

Looks like it could be... tommorow!

But seriously, my WAG is the day for day slip will not continue, and you will have your car in 5-7 days...

Last edited:
Has anyone who has taken delivery of their new Model S WITHOUT the trunk covers due to backorder, actually received them yet?
I still haven't gotten my key FOB's.
Leodoc finally got a VIN. That's it folks. The Model S Delivery Update show is over. Please turn the lights off on your way out.

Sounds like there's use for this thread yet. There's always something to wait on re: delivery 😂

In other delivery-related news (but not Model S, because why would anyone want to be on-topic in this thread, right?), I just got a text that my wife's MYLR is ready for delivery the end of next week. Right around when they're supposed to decide on the EV tax credit going forward... but if I put it on hold I'll likely be waiting until 2023 for the next one hahaha

I’m still waiting on delivery. My dates are unchanged. While I’m waiting, I watched Never Have I Ever, Midnight Mass, Outer Banks, Mare of Eastown, etcetera. I’m looking forward to seeing Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO on October 24th.

I just signed permit applications for a referral Powerwall, so I’ve got that to anticipate (dread) too.

Just because we are always off topic, let me steal @2021plaid positive spotlight for the moment.

Our baby daughter was born on Monday morning. No VIN, model year 2021, manufactured in April (misfit lot FOR SURE), delivered in October. She missed her estimated due date, so that’s not a great sign. She’s perfect in every way. She was delivered down the hall from a peacock photo.

Just because we are always off topic, let me steal @2021plaid positive spotlight for the moment.

Our baby daughter was born on Monday morning. No VIN, model year 2021, manufactured in April (misfit lot FOR SURE), delivered in October. She missed her estimated due date, so that’s not a great sign. She’s perfect in every way. She was delivered down the hall from a peacock photo.
Well as long as she passed inspection and came with all her parts, she's doing better than a lot of MS's.

Congratulations. Way more fulfilling than a Tesla MSP...until she's a teenager anyway ;-)

The horn set up is the sh-ts. I was cut off yesterday by a freaked up Audi SUV driver and when I punched the center of the yoke it didn’t honk of course. Then tried the upper right part and it still didn’t honk. Looking down and finding the honk button would have been untimely and dangerous. So yes, the horn especially and the turn signals are not cool. Give me a yoke with real center horn and turn signal arms and I’m cool. But of course one touch on the accelerator and all is groovy.

The horn is absolute S$%^. I've been cut off three times. Twice I had to react to avoid a collision, and I have YET to find the horn until it was all over.

Why is the windshield washer placed for easy access. Put that crap in a submenu with a voice command. I've never needed emergency windshield washer. And how did that get priority over a windshield WIPER button...
You can honk the horn by placing your palm over the buttons on the right side of the yoke (or maybe the left, I forgot which side). I recall reading it in the manual and in this forum. I don’t have my car yet so I can’t confirm how well this works in practice.

You can honk the horn by placing your palm over the buttons on the right side of the yoke (or maybe the left, I forgot which side). I recall reading it in the manual and in this forum. I don’t have my car yet so I can’t confirm how well this works in practice.
It runs the risk of spraying wiper fluid all over my car. Very irritating when your car has a light dusting on it. Thinking of maybe emptying the wiper fluid, or maybe taking a drill to the button. I guess it depends on my mood when it happens by accident again.

It runs the risk of spraying wiper fluid all over my car. Very irritating when your car has a light dusting on it. Thinking of maybe emptying the wiper fluid, or maybe taking a drill to the button. I guess it depends on my mood when it happens by accident again.
This amazing guy is adapting stalks for the MS. I only wish he could put a horn in. Not possible, I know, but one can wish. Of all the debating about the yoke and stalks, the horn issue has been universally panned. I have yet to see a single argument in its favor. Bad Tesla! Bad!