Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frankly I'm still kind of astonished that NHTSA approved the stalkless steering yolk, there are so many impracticalities with it.
NHTSA does not pre-approve anything--manufacturers self-certify compliance with FMVSS--if there are questions they can ask for a waiver, a clarification or a change to the regs.

Also, 5K miles under my belt--not seeing any impracticalities.

My order page is also updated. Guess I'm just getting a MS, not a MS LR.
Yep, my order page says Model S. They also updated their purchase page.
Capture.PNG

Put on tinfoil hat. Will Tesla come out with a 4680 Long Range soon? Making the current "LR MS" the standard range.
Everything is possible. However, with at least 6 month production already sold and a raised price I don’t see how the MS would get the coveted new batteries. They’re selling all they can build, with more margin and on the old batteries! Plus, there are tons of money still waiting to be made with the 600,000+ pre-orders for the CT + Semi and Roadster that all need the 4680.

Logically the MS shouldn’t be anywhere close to getting the 4680, but this is Tesla. Elon might wake up tomorrow and decide that he wants to show Lucid who is the true king of range and bam, we have a MS LR 4680 with 600miles of range popping up on the configurator next week.

🤷‍♂️