Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seems that Tesla may be clearing out all of the MF VINs prior to issuing NF VINs. I hope that is not a sign of a relatively significant change in the build between the model years. I know they normally issue changes year round but this feels different from past years.

I guess I will take delivery of my '21 VIN tomorrow, but I will be very careful to check for defects and ready to reject delivery in favor of a '22 VIN!

so today's the day. we've been waiting. there have been theories...and so far....nope, no N vins today! or, maybe somehow, someway some are actually being built today, and we won't know the N vin for a few days.
I'm still hopeful.
I know many have said they don't care 21 or 22. When I was leasing it wouldn't have mattered to me. But now that my lease approval expired long ago, the 21 vs. 22 thing to me is several grand at least.
I'd like my beast. But also, the longer I wait, the more bugs they are hopefully working out. ANC. FSD Beta 10.99a where the car possibly doesn't try to kill you or police/ambulances. Maybe solidly working XM, FM, anything with an M. Etc.
Just saying.

I'm in what's probably like the top 30 or 20, but I've seen people on the investor thread that are at 50,000 or more. I believe someone has over 100,000 in one case. However, he has been there since like 2018 or 2012 or something, so he's a long time member. Thank you for the kind words man!

it's not about the number of reactions, it's about the ratio of reactions to posts. Quality over quantity! :)

it's not about the number of reactions, it's about the ratio of reactions to posts. quality over quantity.
Exactly. Totally agreed. Means a lot more to have 10,000 or 20,000 with less posts than 100,000 with 90,000 posts or something. That amount of posts would indicate that there may have been a lot of spam-like posts. My ratio is almost 4.2069 lol. Once you get on the investor thread too people react over there like crazy lol! You'll get like 80 reactions to one post lol!

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Replaced my wife's 2020 BMW 330 with a model Y in Sept and waiting to replace my 2020 BMW X6 with LRMS

Posting for transparency; and to be tagged in updates on this thread

Order details;
Ordered Aug 2/2021
RN1154
EDD: Dec 12-31/2021

Is there anything I should be mindful of seeing that they are changing the model year around the time I "should" get the car?

Exactly. Totally agreed. Means a lot more to have 10,000 or 20,000 with less posts than 100,000 with 90,000 posts or something. That amount of posts would indicate that there may have been a lot of spam-like posts. Once you get on the investor thread too people react over there like crazy lol! You'll get like 80 reactions to one post lol!
My ratio is higher. Does that mean I am a more positive person than you are? :eek:

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Replaced my wife's 2020 BMW 330 with a model Y in Sept and waiting to replace my 2020 BMW X6 with LRMS

Posting for transparency; and to be tagged in updates on this thread

Order details;
Ordered Aug 2/2021
RN1154
EDD: Dec 12-31/2021

Is there anything I should be mindful of seeing that they are changing the model year around the time I "should" get the car?
I think buying a Tesla is like buying a gaming PC. Buy it when it has what you want, knowing full well it will be improved upon shortly after you buy the thing.

i mentioned it in another thread, but once a car is say, 3-4 years old? Mileage matters to some more than model year, especially if the model year has identical in features/options, etc. Some may be making a larger deal than it is as it relates to " I must have a 2022".

Ex: a 2018 right now with 35k miles may be more attractive to some than exact same model car thats a 2019 with 35k miles. The former may be perceived as "low miles" and the latter as "high miles".

I think buying a Tesla is like buying a gaming PC. Buy it when it has what you want, knowing full well it will be improved upon shortly after you buy the thing.
Totally agree! It's a tool at the end of the day, not a status symbol/fashion. I'll set my expectations to what I see online and not all these leaks moving forward! Thanks

I just got an update from my SA. I booked MS White, cream, 19in wheels on April 30, 2020. RN11488. Got VIN 5YJSA1E56MF454XXX on Nov 2. EDD is from Nov 12 to Nov 18. The vehicle completed production on 11/2/2021. The SC says this is a 2022 vehicle as any Tesla vehicle manufactured after Nov 1, 2021, is a 2022 "manufactured vehicle". Quotation marks from SA. Does this make sense?

Last edited:
I just got an update from my SC. I booked MS White, cream, 19in wheels on April 30, 2020. RN11488. Got VIN 5YJSA1E56MF454XXX on Nov 2. EDD is from Nov 12 to Nov 18. The vehicle completed production on 11/2/2021. The SC says this is a 2022 vehicle as any Tesla vehicle manufactured after Nov 1, 2021, is a 2022 "manufactured vehicle". Quotation marks from SC. Does this make sense?
Educated your SA. Or bet him your car that MF is a 2021 VIN marker. Those documents and details are filed with government bodies. NF would be a 2022 model. Plus your account probably says 2021 Model S before you click into the details.

Educated your SA. Or bet him your car that MF is a 2021 VIN marker. Those documents and details are filed with government bodies. NF would be a 2022 model. Plus your account probably says 2021 Model S before you click into the details.
That is what I thought too. It is a 2021 VIN. I don't know what he meant by 2022 "manufactured vehicle".

That is what I thought too. It is a 2021 VIN. I don't know what he meant by 2022 "manufactured vehicle".

He doesn't know. They don't know anything. I literally called three times yesterday to ask the same question three times to three different people and they all gave me variations and answers lol. They have absolutely no idea and honestly it's probably not their fault. Tesla is a complete s*** show. Chicken with it's head cut off running around.

When I bought my model 3, I had no idea they were truly this incompetent.

On my orders, MY, MS, and Energy, I’ve never heard from an an advisor after an order. The one I used for my Model S, I found online and started texting. I think I got her name from a Google review. :D

Tesla Energy is more maddening that the automobile side. I don’t know they expect people to buy a $100,000 roof, when there’s nobody to call that knows much about your project. :mad::mad: /rant