Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any reason not to default the ride height to low?

What suspension settings do you guys prefer for normal street driving?
Well, yes. Depending on the angle that I approach my driveway, it my car is in low height, it comes very close to scraping. So I marked my GPS location just before my driveway to set the car's suspension to high. So now, whenever I approach my driveway, the are automatically raises to the high position so it will never have the chance of scraping. Also, as an added bonus, it's easier to get into the car in the high position, and as I leave the house, the car automatically drops to the low position. Also, if you live in an area where you have snow, you may want to put your car into high position as well? In your particular case, you may not have to worry about that?

I bet if he downloads the Tesla vin finder chrome extension he will find a vin hidden in the source code that the website is for some reason not displaying yet. Like its assigned but not displayed yet.
Agreed. I want to know if this works. If so, than we know that once we see a year, we have a VIN assigned. Will it stop me from searching every 5 minutes? No

Reactions: neadams99
Yours is likely not in the recall. They notified owners via email this week (or last). @WilliamG and @jebinc were included. Do not recall if @omarsultan was. But the fix is likely in newer VINs.

Edit: for clarity, this is not an extensive list of users that got the recall. It is just ones that I remember seeing.
No recall notice for me so far....

Reactions: cwanja
Well, yes. Depending on the angle that I approach my driveway, it my car is in low height, it comes very close to scraping. So I marked my GPS location just before my driveway to set the car's suspension to high. So now, whenever I approach my driveway, the are automatically raises to the high position so it will never have the chance of scraping. Also, as an added bonus, it's easier to get into the car in the high position, and as I leave the house, the car automatically drops to the low position. Also, if you live in an area where you have snow, you may want to put your car into high position as well? In your particular case, you may not have to worry about that?
So, when you are in a snow area, like I am in would I keep on high anytime it snows? Sorry if dumb question, but new to Tesla and getting delivery on Sat.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu