Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 734601
Okay folks, need some advice for this first world problem. I have a week or two left before I have to park my car for the winter, since the summer tires will no longer be viable. These rims were originally delayed until December, but I was okay parking the Tesla for a few weeks to bridge the time gap. Now it looks like it may be parked for most of the winter...

So, advice.

I really love the color I had chosen, pictured here:
20-tesla-model-3-y-s-x-ts5-flow-forged-wheels-zero-g-satin-matte-gray-web-1_a8789644-dcab-4b69-8a86-eb930d834159_694x.progressive.jpg

The gloss black may look nice, but I worry about the black not matching the same as the rest of the black trim. I could change my order, and possibly have my rims in a couple of weeks. These are the gloss black TST rims they are offering:

tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-gloss-black-web-1_3a9add97-9f8c-444d-bf32-32d5d5edd6d8_694x.progressive.jpg

Or I could wait till the end of December and get the satin black. The images look the same to me:
tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-matte-black-web-1_7347d715-c4d7-4f4a-94fc-501432f51e0f_694x.progressive.jpg

So these are my options as I see them:

1. Wait until February and not drive my car for 3-4 months.
2. Get the gloss black rims they are offering and have my car back in a few weeks.
3. Get the satin black in a month.
4. Hold out hope for someone selling their factory 19's at a cheaper price.
5. Just cancel the order and curl into a ball and cry.

What would you do? (BTW, I'm not too fond of the alternate rims they are offering).
I prefer the Satins to the ones your ordered…

Also, you could get signature wheels in whatever color you want in 4 weeks

I guess I will cross-post this here, expanding on @timdorr posts.

We are looking at firmware holds for VINs 4526 to 4546 thus far. Not sure if it is every vehicle in that range, but those are the bookends. No word on my 4648 VIN.
I’m 4548 FWIW…it’s on its way from CA, but it had some sort of hold at the factory because SA confirmed today that the factory born on date/time was monday 11/15 at just after 1pm…we’ll see if there are any delivery surprises ahead of my 11/30 appointment

Has anybody had any problems with paying for their car for delivery in Texas? Their instructions are, opaque.
I'm guessing that they don't want to see any money, in any form, within the state of Texas.... but they don't come right out and say it.
Which means, if its complicated now, you are going to have to have a PHD to figure it out when the cyber truck rolls out in a year or two.
What do you mean? Any ACH transfer is via Plaid. Apparently checks have to be mailed to HQ and validated before the car will be released. Or a loan.

View attachment 734601
Okay folks, need some advice for this first world problem. I have a week or two left before I have to park my car for the winter, since the summer tires will no longer be viable. These rims were originally delayed until December, but I was okay parking the Tesla for a few weeks to bridge the time gap. Now it looks like it may be parked for most of the winter...

So, advice.

I really love the color I had chosen, pictured here:
20-tesla-model-3-y-s-x-ts5-flow-forged-wheels-zero-g-satin-matte-gray-web-1_a8789644-dcab-4b69-8a86-eb930d834159_694x.progressive.jpg

The gloss black may look nice, but I worry about the black not matching the same as the rest of the black trim. I could change my order, and possibly have my rims in a couple of weeks. These are the gloss black TST rims they are offering:

tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-gloss-black-web-1_3a9add97-9f8c-444d-bf32-32d5d5edd6d8_694x.progressive.jpg

Or I could wait till the end of December and get the satin black. The images look the same to me:
tesla-model-3-s-x-performance-20-inch-tesla-wheel-tst-flow-forged-matte-black-web-1_7347d715-c4d7-4f4a-94fc-501432f51e0f_694x.progressive.jpg

So these are my options as I see them:

1. Wait until February and not drive my car for 3-4 months.
2. Get the gloss black rims they are offering and have my car back in a few weeks.
3. Get the satin black in a month.
4. Hold out hope for someone selling their factory 19's at a cheaper price.
5. Just cancel the order and curl into a ball and cry.

What would you do? (BTW, I'm not too fond of the alternate rims they are offering).
I would consider Signature wheels SV 104’s or similar. Perhaps in a Brushed Titanium like me and Brook from Dragtime.

What do you mean? Any ACH transfer is via Plaid. Apparently checks have to be mailed to HQ and validated before the car will be released. Or a loan.
I learned a trick where you can bypass plaid. go in, hit get started, x out of the window, say enter manually. plaid bypassed ... that is of course if they didn't just get rid of that and force payment through the Tesla app now instead of the website.

I learned a trick where you can bypass plaid. go in, hit get started, x out of the window, say enter manually. plaid bypassed ... that is of course if they didn't just get rid of that and force payment through the Tesla app now instead of the website.
Yep, that workaround is definitely gone. Just tried, the X just takes you back to ‘add payment method’ which is just a button which prompts you to select ‘bank account’ which launches Plaid. Rinse and repeat.

Is anyone taking delivery of a 2022 soon? I have a suspicion that it will be slightly different than the 2021s. They switched to 2022 randomly instead of at 11/1. Maybe they had an excess amount of a part and they needed to clear out that part (ambient lighting)?
I wouldn’t complain… But something tells me it’s identical other than the VIN plate.

Is anyone taking delivery of a 2022 soon? I have a suspicion that it will be slightly different than the 2021s. They switched to 2022 randomly instead of at 11/1. Maybe they had an excess amount of a part and they needed to clear out that part (ambient lighting)?
One of my local WPB'ers is at the start of Dec. We should both get our cars the first week so there is the chance for a side by side comparison. I'm expecting ZERO difference.

My delivery appointment for my S LR was 11/19 for 2 weeks. At 7pm 11/18 I received an email that there is a firmware HOLD and they are unable to deliver my car. How common is this? How long will this update take? Why can't they just roll it back or give me the software everyone else has? This is torture. I went to the lot yesterday in Raleigh, and found my car. Ready to go in a delivery space.

My delivery appointment for my S LR was 11/19 for 2 weeks. At 7pm 11/18 I received an email that there is a firmware HOLD and they are unable to deliver my car. How common is this? How long will this update take? Why can't they just roll it back or give me the software everyone else has? This is torture. I went to the lot yesterday in Raleigh, and found my car. Ready to go in a delivery space.
You're not alone. I believe you're the 11th person reporting this here. It affects at least 2000 vehicles.

The update was scheduled to release last night. Give them a call and see if they can get you scheduled again. I'm waiting to hear back from my DA shortly as well.