Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's going on with your car?
Nothing major. Just the issues from delivery that I’ve been waiting to get resolved for months. Impossible to get a service appointment and once you finally do get your car in, it just sits there with no work done for 5 days, which makes you question of why are you being inconvenienced without a car if nothing is being done.

The driver seat makes loud crunching/creaking plastic sound when you lean against it, or when you’re turning the car and your upper body rolls against the seat… and the stuff from the pictures attached.

0FA702D6-D60C-4E02-9471-188C603D6DAA.jpeg

51280DCF-67C4-4765-82DC-53AA98C314FE.jpeg

7673C55C-A7DD-4F76-9B08-24EE4E5BE704.jpeg

A111E723-E748-47AC-AC0D-205A111A1943.jpeg

450401AE-34F3-490B-93D9-72E541A9B55F.jpeg

74275375-03BD-4832-B06D-5DAD3BA2E139.jpeg

611ADE46-1FC5-4C48-8959-D0CABAF113E2.jpeg

@Hayseed_MS Yeah, I know. Not a “calling card” I would want! 😆😝
Today on the range working with a client, he said something that demanded a “that’s what she said”, ( PDubs, your shaft is too stiff for me”)

I responded and I quote, “ BILL PRICE”.

He was clueless, but it made me smile.

Nothing major. Just the issues from delivery that I’ve been waiting to get resolved for months. Impossible to get a service appointment and once you finally do get your car in, it just sits there with no work done for 5 days, which makes you question of why are you being inconvenienced without a car if nothing is being done.

The driver seat makes loud crunching/creaking plastic sound when you lean against it, or when you’re turning the car and your upper body rolls against the seat… and the stuff from the pictures attached.

View attachment 736634

View attachment 736635

View attachment 736636

View attachment 736637

View attachment 736638

View attachment 736639

View attachment 736640
What do you expect for $150,000, @Ramphex … a car that doesn’t look like a $15,000 Yugo?! 💩

They had my car for 5 days, sitting out in the sun, dirty, in the parking lot, and solved 0 issues. To make the matters worse, they left the doors unlocked. The car literally didn’t move from the parking spot since I dropped it off. They were asking for another day until 5pm tomorrow and I told them to just give me the car back if they’re not going to do any work. I can’t continue to use “Uber Credits” to get to work and back, and I highly don’t appreciate my car baking outside in the sun for days with doors unlocked while they do 0 work on it. On top of that with Thanksgiving, I’m sure they would get nothing done for another several days. How can someone come up with excuses for this? Not even a “parts were ordered and we’re waiting for them to come in.” They legit did not do anything at all for 5 days.

Well, you know what Elon said...

"The best service is no service"

Well, you know what Elon said...

"The best service is no service"

My favorite things is the creepy fake woman recording when you call in and sit on hold saying " every Tesla is designed to minimize maintenance, so you'll spend more time on the road and less time in the shop"

Feel like reading the stuff here, nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm going to have that image of that guy shoving back a trim piece in a $100,000 car engraved in my memory forever lol.

My favorite things is the creepy fake woman recording when you call in and sit on hold saying " every Tesla is designed to minimize maintenance, so you'll spend more time on the road and less time in the shop"

Feel like reading the stuff here, nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm going to have that image of that guy shoving back a trim piece in a $100,000 car engraved in my memory forever lol.

You actually get put on hold? My calls go straight to VM, which is always full.

Debatable if the designers aim for minimum maintenance. But they aren't built that way in some cases.

hahaha I totally got that wrong! Where do I buy the pass for Early Access program? any costco deal available?

Apparently it's kind of a weird deal. @DukeofURL can better elaborate on this, as he had first hand experience. It's not like you sign up apparently. :)
Yeah… when Tesla doesn’t have enough people in the early access program, they send an email out inviting people to join, in which you promise not to tell people what’s in the software you test. The agreement is suspiciously close to the manifesto in Fight Club.

Also, not everyone in EAP gets every release. They decide who gets what and where, and it’s about the least transparent process that can be, but it is what it is. I’m pretty sure emails to [email protected] go to a black hole… or maybe they occasionally get read by interns? Haha, who knows.

View attachment 736634

View attachment 736635

View attachment 736636

View attachment 736637

View attachment 736638

View attachment 736639

View attachment 736640
To add to the list, rear view mirror doesn’t dim. Driver dome light doesn’t turn off with a press (but does turn on 🤔), have to toggle it through the menu to turn off. Rear driver side door handle doesn’t come all the way out so the light shines inside the door panel instead of the ground. All handles make a humming noise after extending.

View attachment 736250
These are my floor mats. The quality is amazing. Ordered from Teslarati. They say 2020-2021, but another guy has them in his new refreshed Model S
I really like these!

Yeah… when Tesla doesn’t have enough people in the early access program, they send an email out inviting people to join, in which you promise not to tell people what’s in the software you test. The agreement is suspiciously close to the manifesto in Fight Club.

Also, not everyone in EAP gets every release. They decide who gets what and where, and it’s about the least transparent process that can be, but it is what it is. I’m pretty sure emails to [email protected] go to a black hole… or maybe they occasionally get read by interns? Haha, who knows.
I’m convinced the beta button for FSD exists because the intern they had manning the FSD request inbox had to go back to school.