Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of this X talk got me all excited so I've been trying to log into my Tesla account and change the color on the X I have ordered. But I can't seem to login...anyone else having trouble logging in?

Maybe the monkey senses it's got a live one and since my delivery expectation is so far out the only way it can really mess with me is by keeping me out of my account. Yeah, that's what's going on.

Just when I was ready to give up I got a call from Tesla, someone at my delivery center saw I had a lot of texts unanswered and gave me a call. She informed me that I have a soft-match that appears to be in-transit and potentially will be available for delivery before the end of year but didn't have a firm confirmation on when it will arrive. Said I should be getting a VIN in next couple of days hopefully.

Wow this is all getting real. I can't believe it!!

All of this X talk got me all excited so I've been trying to log into my Tesla account and change the color on the X I have ordered. But I can't seem to login...anyone else having trouble logging in?

Maybe the monkey senses it's got a live one and since my delivery expectation is so far out the only way it can really mess with me is by keeping me out of my account. Yeah, that's what's going on.
Having issues logging in as well. The monkey's got us all...

Finally picked up my MSLR. The car is better than the one that I initially refused delivery on. While there are still minor issues, they were tolerable. Overall very happy with the car so far.

First of all, for future reference, I had a DCU Check for the full amount with old VIN but used it for delivery of another car with a different VIN. Tesla had no issues with the check at all. All I needed to do after delivery was:

1. upload new MVPA with updated VIN to DCU document sharing portal.
2. call DCU loan service and have them pull the new MVPA from the portal.
3. DCU loan service updated the records with loan closing dept.
4. resign via Docusign a new loan agreement with updated VIN.

No issues with DCU. They were great to work with, highly recommend. As mentioned before, the key is to upload all necessary documents and then give them a call. I used their call back services all the time without any issues. If anyone needs a referral, I would be happy to refer and I believe you get a $100 bonus at this time.

Delivery Observations and Initial Quality
1. Overall Paint quality is ok. still some over spray and noticeable defect (see pic attached)
2. Panel Gaps are good. Fairly uniform, but just seems to be wider than it needs to be.
3. Headlamp does not seem be installed properly. some gap and not flush (see pic attached)
4. Interior was a little dirty, but in good shape. Front seats have very minor wrinkles; back seats were more prominent. Overall acceptable.
5. Worm present but acceptable.
6. No vibration from the mirrors.
7. Very noticeable distortion in the rear glass. but the rear view is very limited anyway, doesn't bother me.
8. Prompted for update right away; did that when I got home. Took about 50 mins.
9. Front hood rubber seal was set properly. nothing intruded outward.
10. Had all pieces/covers/mat.
11. Passenger front/rear doors hard to close.
12. My car came with 19" summer performance tires.

Initial Impressions
1. Ride quality is very good. Nice and smooth.
2. Sound quality is excellent (after FW update)
3. Cabin is quiet, comfortable and good fit and finish for the most part.
4. Full acceleration causes some strangely loud noise; need to check that out.
5. Not sure about the yoke yet; don't hate it, don't love it either. almost lost it on my first turn because I am used to having steering wheel slide through my hand where as the yoke doesn't... obviously.
6. Best part so far is how easily adapting to no turn signal stalk is. was really concerned, but it was a none issue at all. the smart turn cancelling is great. love it!
7. Acceleration is great. Faster than M3P we just picked up.
8. Really like the auto gear select
9. Auto steering also seems to be smoother and more accurate than the new M3P with radar only.
10. Wide wheel stance provides good stability, 19" wheel seems to look better with cover than without.

Yoke
1. again, neutral at this time. neat, kinda cool but still too new to have a strong opinion on this.
2. comfortable resting right arm on center armrest while palming the yolk.
3. first time turning almost lost it because I am so used let steering wheel slide while turning.
4. adjustment hasn't been terrible. don't miss turn signal stalk. easy transition.
5. horn placement not as terrible as I had thought. full coverage with my hand would activate the horn.

Interior carpet
I did not like the OEM all-weather two piece rear mat. so I went with 3D Maxpider. no 2022 refresh 3D Maxpider available yet, so I ordered the last generation mats. they fit pretty good overall albeit not perfectly. I would keep the set and am generally happy with them (pics below). Link to the best deal I could find:

Attachments

• IMG_7057.jpg
    IMG_7057.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7059.jpg
    IMG_7059.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7050.jpg
    IMG_7050.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7049.jpg
    IMG_7049.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7048.jpg
    IMG_7048.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7047.jpg
    IMG_7047.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7046.jpg
    IMG_7046.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 72
Finally picked up my MSLR. The car is better than the one that I initially refused delivery on. While there are still minor issues, they were tolerable. Overall very happy with the car so far.

First of all, for future reference, I had a DCU Check for the full amount with old VIN but used it for delivery of another car with a different VIN. Tesla had no issues with the check at all. All I needed to do after delivery was:

No issues with DCU. They were great to work with, highly recommend. As mentioned before, the key is to upload all necessary documents and then give them a call. I used their call back services all the time without any issues. If anyone needs a referral, I would be happy to refer and I believe you get a $100 bonus at this time.

1. Overall Paint quality is ok. still some over spray and noticeable defect (see pic attached)
2. Panel Gaps are good. Fairly uniform, but just seems to be wider than it needs to be.
3. Headlamp does not seem be installed properly. some gap and not flush (see pic attached)
4. Interior was a little dirty, but in good shape. Front seats have very minor wrinkles; back seats were more prominent. Overall acceptable.
7. Very noticeable distortion in the rear glass. but the rear view is very limited anyway, doesn't bother me.
8. Prompted for update right away; did that when I got home. Took about 50 mins.

Initial Impressions
5. Not sure about the yoke yet; don't hate it, don't love it either. almost lost it on my first turn because I am used to having steering wheel slide through my hand where as the yoke doesn't... obviously.
6. Best part so far is how easily adapting to no turn signal stalk is. was really concerned, but it was a none issue at all. the smart turn cancelling is great. love it!
9. Auto steering also seems to be smoother and more accurate than the new M3P with radar only.
10. Wide wheel stance provides good stability, 19" wheel seems to look better with cover than without.

Yoke
1. again, neutral at this time. neat, kinda cool but still too new to have a strong opinion on this.
3. first time turning almost lost it because I am so used let steering wheel slide while turning.
4. adjustment hasn't been terrible. don't miss turn signal stalk. easy transition.
5. horn placement not as terrible as I had thought. full coverage with my hand would activate the horn.

Interior carpet
I did not like the OEM all-weather two piece rear mat. so I went with 3D Maxpider. no 2022 refresh 3D Maxpider available yet, so I ordered the last generation mats. they fit pretty good overall albeit not perfectly. I would keep the set and am generally happy with them (pics below). Link to the best deal I could find:
thank you for the mat pics. I was wondering how bad the fit was. Looks close, but I'll wait.....

*clenches fists* Why the hell is "soft-matching" a part of the BTO delivery process of an approx $1T company?

...Don't mind me, just talking to myself....
I was surprised that it was the term they used while the car is already in transit. But she saw the VIN I believe it just wasn't assigned to my account yet. The next two days will be telling...

Initial Impressions

Yoke

Interior carpet

Thanks for the report! Hope you get the initial issues sorted quickly.

BTW, just want to pause to acknowledge how well Tesla listened to feedback on the turn signals and improved them. It was a top 10 thing reported by most customers, and on the early YouTube reviews -- but now it's a non-issue.

Saw this Plaid today at a Store, see pic below. 460 NF!

'22 Plaid, no misaligned interior trim! Minimal seat wrinkles and yoke worm!

However, no lids in the back, all three missing. SA says they asked, but could not even get them for this car, reporteably the first display Plaid at a Store.

So, expect deliveries this week to be missing the parcel shelf, aft and side trunk cover .

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_142114069.jpg
    IMG_20211220_142114069.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 81

However, no lids in the back, all three missing. SA says they asked, but could not even get them for this car, reporteably the first display Plaid at a Store.

So, expect deliveries this week to be missing the parcel shelf, aft and side trunk cover .
I have a delivery on the 28th scheduled. I think the biggest fear I have is THE WORM!

What location was this at?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Mine is NF463 I hope it is as good as you are describing this one! Parcel shelf and covers will come eventually, I will be thrilled if that is all I have to deal with