Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He literally could have REDUCED it be $2000. And coming from someone who had it (when I paid $3k for it if I recall) and has seen what it does today? I honestly can say I wouldnt pay $6k for it now. Anyone thinking it will do what Elon has promised (Robotaxi service, NYC to LA with zero intervention) anytime soon, is truly fooling themselves..
I also think I’ll come out ahead, bag out $200 for whatever months I want it. Even if out of the gate, I don’t plan to keep th e-card more than 3 years, and if I trade in to tesla, it adds $0 resale value, and in fact I believe disintegrates.

He literally could have REDUCED it be $2000. And coming from someone who had it (when I paid $3k for it if I recall) and has seen what it does today? I honestly can say I wouldnt pay $6k for it now. Anyone thinking it will do what Elon has promised (Robotaxi service, NYC to LA with zero intervention) anytime soon, is truly fooling themselves..
If I am not mistaken, you probably paid $3,000 for FSD and another $5,000 for Enhanced Auto Pilot. I know that was the pricing in 2017.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Welp, on that note, I just added FSD to my Plaid X order.

Please don't support this FOMO crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 016FB429-6D60-4D61-983D-DADB77CC7826.jpeg
    016FB429-6D60-4D61-983D-DADB77CC7826.jpeg
    649.3 KB · Views: 107
I also think I’ll come out ahead, bag out $200 for whatever months I want it. Even if out of the gate, I don’t plan to keep th e-card more than 3 years, and if I trade in to tesla, it adds $0 resale value, and in fact I believe disintegrates.
Yeah, I’m yet to trade in with Tesla. But I know by experience that FSD does retain value to parties other than Tesla.
And I’m not sure that Tesla does not credit some of the value on trade in. All I know for sure is that they remove and offer it again for sale for the vehicle when they sell it.

Last edited: