Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time someone mentions that they're excited about the new lights you are quick to downplay them. Sounds like FOMO to me. ;)
I’m just a looker and never comment, but I totally agree, this dude is just 100% salty, lives every day full of regret. if he already has his car why is on here bashing everyone waiting for the new lights? Bitterness or jealousy one or the other. It’s like every post is just him expressing his FOMO, but telling us all not to have it.

I’m just a looker and never comment, but I totally agree, this dude is just 100% salty, lives every day full of regret. if he already has his car why is on here bashing everyone waiting for the new lights? Bitterness or jealousy one or the other. It’s like every post is just him expressing his FOMO, but telling us all not to have it.
Ugh whyd you have to call it out. Was kinda fun reading bitter old men try to mask their bitterness

Reactions: Laddcruzer
If youre not in dire need of a car right now theres really nothing to lose to delay a bit. Even the 250 deposit is not much to get some of the possible new features. Glad yall happy with your current Ss tho 😎🤣

Some of us bought the car for $79k base, so a little different situation.

Yeah if they're going to force you to take delivery and you have a $80k reservation that's definitely worth doing.
I'm at $85k and I haven't received a VIN yet. If I do and the lights aren't out I'll delay, but if they say I have to then I'll just do it.

I’m at $14k favorable delta (Plaid) with the most recent FSD hike.

Kenny - did you take delivery yesterday and just go dark?!?!? We need to know how the story ends (apologies if you did and I just missed it).
Been out driving, lol. Yes I did! The build quality seems excellent to me and it’s a dream to drive!!
1644277832403.jpeg

Hayseed on here pissing off all the newbs.

Welcome, peasants!

Don't worry. We are getting new *sugar* on the Model S. I also predict as soon as I take delivery of my car (after said *sugar* is implemented), even better *sugar* will be added within months. I should just buy a Toyota Yaris Nissan Versa instead.

In case you didn't know, we could all buy 6 (or 10, if you like getting ripped off by Tesla) Nissan Versas for the price of one Model S. What's wrong with us?

I feel for Hayseed and his sympathizers. Once upon a time Tesla stuck it so far up my rear end I had to go see the proctologist.

Picked up a brand new model 3 and weeks later it had an all new interior, a heat pump (that apparently breaks all the time anyway), 20% more range and dual pane windows.

I cried for days and then I was fine. Then I FOMO sold the car and haven't had one since.

Last edited:
Nah, I have my car and love it. I have said many times about the headlights are fine. If a better one comes along and it will retrofit, I may do it. But it does not keep me up and I would definitely not delay delivery over it (unless it was guaranteed to be a very short 1 or 2 weeks).

I stand with Hayseed. I was once guilty of considering delaying my order -- and even thought of canceling it, and re-ordering. But then I realized that paying thousands of dollars more for the chance to get new lights in TBD more months seemed a wee bit crazy.

My only delivery regret is that I didn't get the car 1 week sooner so I could have gotten FSD Beta during the big influx around Christmas. Damn Tesla's not let anyone in since then. I've been nursing a 99 safety score for the last 6 weeks, and driving in Grandpa Mode is KiLLinG mE.

Last edited: